Texans fans being called arrogant

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansBull, Jan 13, 2012.

1. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

Is anyone seeing and getting this? I am seeing this in other boards, facebook, and in other conversations.

I dont mind. Its a good thing IMHO.

I think its just because we are getting introduced to the NFL now that we are a player in the playoffs. And we know our team is good. I think these traditional playoffs are expecting us bow down and say "Sure your going to win. We just hope to win."

But hey,

[​IMG]

And cowboy fans are still annoying.

2. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

The funny thing is DUMB ass raven fans come on "OUR" message board and stupidly ask why we all think our team even has a chance.

Does he not realize that this is the texans fans message board and regardless thats usually what all NFL fans do, they believe their team will win.

And everyone wonders why other countries look at America and think "stupid" :vincepalm:

thunderkyss likes this.
  3. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Arrogant? Why? We've won one playoff game against an inferior team, and we're aggogant? Let's win a few super bowls, then we can be arrogant. Until then, if we are, we're being stupid.

4. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

How can we be arrogant after winning our very first playoff game???

And who's paying attention to Texans/Ravens anyway? The way I hear it our game may be the lowest rated division round game in history?

Only folks who might call us arrogant now are fans whose teams are already on vacation -- and that's just green eyed jealousy. :D

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  5. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

This is what I think is happening...Texans have started winning and now some of the "longtime" fans are jumping out and talking to whoever they can and talking ****..(probably the same fans that couldn't tell you who Tony Hollings was,for example)

Now I am not saying everyone should know the Texans history from 2002 and up...just saying alot of those that like to jump on the bandwagon, they also like to stand on top of it and scream the loudest.

but my opinion is pretty sheltered.. I live in a small town and I know who around town (for the most part) that has been a Texan fan for years and the ones that now are wearing the gear and trying to converse with me.. and I have no problem with that.. I DO find it funny and yet frustrating when you try to converse with deeper players with them (beyond the AJ,Schaub,Foster,Ryans, Cushing ,(big names) for example)

6. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

come one guys!!! THINK! arrogant is good.. we have the same amount of wins in the same amount of time in the league as the Cowboys

we have a reason to be arrogant :sarcasm:

:joker:

7. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

it's true, we do.

:kitten:

8. Premier

Premier All Pro

its just the same shiit every week during the NFL's season. fans visit the team boards of their next opponent and for some reason theyre shocked when they dont see fans of the opposing team bowing down to their's. it upsets them, then they return to their boards and create threads about their experience in foreign territory. the threads usually look something like, "x teams fans", then you see words like "they think", "they're delusional", they say that so and so fans are cocky.. then predictions of scores of 3X-10.. same shiit, different day..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    paycheck71 and Wolf like this.

9. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Nah, always stay humble...

Signed,

Cowboys fan.

:sarcasm:

10. False Start

False Start On # 69

Arrogant. I'm not arrogant, I just know we're good, and are gonna stomp a mudhole in the purple birds Sunday. :D

11. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

How in the hell are we arrogant?

12. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Because we are not thanking everyone for the wonderful privilege of being humble fans of a playoff team.

We need to Tebow more to the established.

13. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

You know what? F-ck what everyone else says. Our team use to be one of the worst. Now we are pretty damn decent. I've suffered and been called out long enough. I'm going to enjoy my team, wear my Texans gear, and talk crap to my friends. Why? Because it's what I use to do. If that makes me arrogant then y'all can kiss my donkey.

Giant Tiger likes this.
  14. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Remember this thread? I've just got a new entry
    Enjoy the ride, that's all I can say.

Remember the Dolphins got into the play-offs a few years ago & thought they were the ****..... now, they ain't ****. The Chiefs... play-offs last year. I think they've got a top ten pick in the next draft.

This offseason may be the worse offseason we've had yet.... there's going to be Wade drama, then a couple of hairy contract situations, there's going to be cap casualties.... & some of our favorites just won't be good enough for the team anymore.

Then we've got to try to win 10+ games next season... it ain't easy to stay on top. Especially not when you're the underdog.

15. rush2112mn

rush2112mn All Pro

You said it.....for so many years this team has taken the brunt of jokes, been ridiculed...ect. going back to CarR....then the pick for Mario....who got the last laugh on that one...ect.....
    I could care less what other teams fans think of us. Arrogance....cocky...ect ...its about time we had a attitude....
    We are in the playoffs and you want me to be humble about it and not think my team can win.....you crazy.....

I will think what I want.....ICON....

Humming to So What.....by Metallica......

16. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

The jokes never bothered me because I don't really care what people think. Despite not caring what other people think, I hate when people are factually wrong. So I will go out of my way to defend the team when they're being misrepresented, as they are this week.

Otherwise, who cares. Other people's ridicule doesn't mean **** to me.

17. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Its not arrogance, its just our [​IMG] ! :)

beerlover likes this.
  18. Nitrofish

Nitrofish Pastafarian

Ravens fans are calling us arrogant because we believe we can win and are saying so. They expected us to grovel at the feet of the almighty Ravens and when we didn't they called us arrogant, when in fact it is them being arrogant.

Sure they have made many playoff appearances, but have any of those resulted in a Super Bowl appearance? Yes... 1 and one only. They usually make it to the playoffs, then collapse. What good is a 12-4 record to then lose in the first round?

They all said we would lose to the Bengals, and then we we won, the story changed to "Yeah but now you have to beat a real playoff team" or some other story. It is the Ravens fans who want the Texans fans to bow down and kiss their ring.

Texans fans are just standing up for their team when everyone with the exception of a small percentage is writing them off.

First we were soft, now we are arrogant... hmmmm.

Jackie Chiles likes this.
  19. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

hell yeah, Rep