Texans Faced Toughest Opponents

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TEXANS84, Nov 16, 2005.

1. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

From HoustonTexans.com:
    Head Coach Dick Vermeil of the Kansas City Chiefs on kcchiefs.com:
    http://www.houstontexans.com/news/news_detail.php?PRKey=2174
    http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/11/15/coach_vermeil_press_conference_texans/

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

If the Texans weren't on their schedules would those teams be 5-4 instead of 6-3?

3. The Colts would probably be undefeated, and the Steelers have played everyone good. None of those teams mentioned are overrated.

4. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

The Chiefs' pass rushers are licking their chops at picking up some sacks this Sunday. Their RBs & receivers are salivating about the yardage and touchdowns they can pile up. Add in that this is a primetime game, and KC will have no problem getting up for the Texans. So save the crying for another week, Dick.

I don't think the Texans coaching staff has the ability to construct a gameplan that could beat KC. The Texans would need fluke plays like KO & fumble returns to defeat a .500ish team like the Chiefs.

5. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

The schedule has been a factor, but this team has played very poorly for most of the season. Pitt, Cincy, Jax, Indy twice and Seattle should probably be 6 losses no matter what. That leaves Buffalo, Cleveland, and the Titans as winnable games. FWIW, I think any game in Reliant is winnable, but Indy is a solid team this year all around. KC is winnable, but we'd have to play solid for four quarters and get a break or two.

6. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

I think KC is beatable if we play good defense. yeah there are alot of IFs that would have to happen. I doubt we make enough plays to win, but we should be in the game and we get to see DJ at work.