Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans/Eagles Injury Report

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I hope that Winston didn't look so bad against the Tits because a significant shoulder problem. No upcoming Tony Boselli, please.

Since we’re well into the Thursday football portion of the schedule, every Monday begins with injury reports from the teams who’ll play in the Thursday game.

This week, it’s the Texans visiting the Eagles.

Houston conducted a walk-through only, so they estimated the availability of the players, if there had been an actual practice. Missing practice would have been linebacker Xavier Adibi (hamstring), receiver David Anderson (hamstring), linebacker Brian Cushing (knee), tight end Owen Daniels (hamstring), receiver Kevin Walter (calf), defensive end Mario Williams (groin), and safety Torri Williams (hamstring). Limited in practice would have been linebacker Kevin Bentley (knee), tight end Joel Dreessen (knee), defensive end Jesse Nading (knee), and tackle Eric Winston (shoulder).

Fully participating in practice would have been cornerback Glover Quin (hand) and quarterback Matt Schaub (knee).

For the Eagles, whose report contains no such estimation equivocation, receiver Riley Cooper (knee) and defensive end Juqua Parker (hip) missed practice. Cornerback Asante Samuel, who missed Sunday’s game against the Bears, practiced on a limited basis with a knee injury.

Fully participating were kicker David Akers (right hamstring), cornerback Jorrick Calvin (back), guard Nick Cole (knee), cornerback Trevard Lindley (knee), and running back LeSean McCoy (shoulder).
LINK

I hope that Winston didn't look so bad against the Tits because a significant shoulder problem. No upcoming Tony Boselli, please.

LINK

OK, so if I get this right, the Texans would have:
7 missing practice
4 limited in practice
2 practicing hurt

while the Eagles had:
2 missing practice
1 limited in practice
5 practicing hurt

I don't know exactly what that says, but it's a striking difference.

OK, so if I get this right, the Texans would have:
7 missing practice
4 limited in practice
2 practicing hurt

while the Eagles had:
2 missing practice
1 limited in practice
5 practicing hurt

I don't know exactly what that says, but it's a striking difference.

It says we are getting a new strength and conditioning coach next year.

I am not used to a Monday injury report and one that does not look good for the Texans.

And keep in mind that Monday practice was only a WALK-THRU! Since tomorrow is equivalent to a normal Friday practice, presume that it will also be a walk-through. That leaves our team with no real practice going into a game with a formidable opponent. That begs the question if the Texans are willing to "save" themselves for their AFC South foes.:kitten:

What's wrong with Cushings knee?

According to the guesstimation report he would be listed as questionable.

That would change things big time against the Mike Vick led Eagles.

And keep in mind that Monday practice was only a WALK-THRU! Since tomorrow is equivalent to a normal Friday practice, presume that it will also be a walk-through. That leaves our team with no real practice going into a game with a formidable opponent. That begs the question if the Texans are willing to "save" themselves for their AFC South foes.:kitten:

:um: Philly has the same short week?

I think a short week is where the coaches really need to step up their game. Not nearly as much time for looking at video, so they need to know what they are doing. Andy Reid is a significantly better coach than Kubiak.

I think a short week is where the coaches really need to step up their game. Not nearly as much time for looking at video, so they need to know what they are doing. Andy Reid is a significantly better coach than Kubiak.

This is an understatement.

Winston looks awful right now. I don't know whether its the shoulder or not but he was especially bad Sunday. Now that I see it could be a possible shoulder deal I hope Butler is ready to go if needed.

At what point do see when a player is listed as probable, questionable, etc during this short week? I'm guessing that comes out today?

Winston looks awful right now. I don't know whether its the shoulder or not but he was especially bad Sunday. Now that I see it could be a possible shoulder deal I hope Butler is ready to go if needed.

Overall throughout the season, our left side has seemed alot stronger in run and pass protection than our right side.

LINK

For the Eagles, the only one on the list I expect to not play is Parker. Missed the Bears game Sunday and I think they will rest him to get him back for the Dallas game the following week.

Cushing seems to have had a knee problem (sprain) off and on ever since he injured it in Aug. 2009.

Eagles Notes: Samuel practices, but status for game vs. Texans uncertainBy Jeff McLane
[Philadelphia] Inquirer Staff Writer

Asante Samuel returned to practice on Monday, but it was on a limited basis as he tested his left knee. The cornerback's status for the Eagles' home game Thursday against the Texans is still up in the air.
"He worked today, and we'll see after he sleeps on it," Eagles coach Andy Reid said Monday during his radio show on WIP-AM (610).

Samuel said he "ran around a little bit" during a relatively light practice. He and Joselio Hanson split repetitions with the first team, according to Hanson. But a source close to the situation said that Samuel was very sore after practice.

"Working every day to see how it goes," Samuel said.

Samuel, who leads the NFL with seven interceptions, did not travel to Chicago and sat out the Eagles' 31-26 loss to the Bears with a knee strain. He was missed. Bears quarterback Jay Cutler threw for 247 yards and four touchdowns on only 21 pass attempts.

He picked on Hanson and rookie Trevard Lindley, who played cornerback when Hanson moved inside as the nickel back on passing downs.

"You always feel like you can make a difference, regardless of who you are and what's going on," Samuel said. "Yeah, I definitely felt that way. I think I could be a game-changer."

Houston's offense is ranked seventh in the NFL in total yards. Quarterback Matt Schaub will have his top receiver, Andre Johnson, who many thought would be suspended for Thursday's game after he ripped the helmet off Tennessee cornerback Cortland Finnegan and punched him in the head.

"I'm happy for him that he didn't get suspended," Samuel said. "But it would have been good for my team not to have him out there. But he's a good guy, hell of a player, so he's definitely going to be something we're going to have to deal with."

Bumps and bruises

Juqua Parker continues to battle a hip flexor strain and did not practice again. The defensive end has not practiced with the rest of the team since reinjuring his hip last week against the Giants.
With Parker out against the Bears, rookie Brandon Graham started and recorded three tackles and a sack.

Wide receiver Riley Cooper also sat out practice after he suffered a knee sprain against Chicago. Reid said Cooper was "day-to-day," but if he can't go by Thursday, Chad Hall will dress in his place.

The following dinged-up players practiced: running back LeSean McCoy (shoulder), guard Nick Cole (knee), cornerback Jorrick Calvin (back), kicker David Akers (right hamstring), and Lindley (knee).

The Eagles will be playing their first game on just three days rest since Nov. 27, 2008, when they beat the Arizona Cardinals, 48-20, on Thanksgiving.

"It's tough, but we've got a game Thursday," defensive end Trent Cole said about the quick turnaround. "We don't really have time to think about our bruises. We're going to get back in and take care of our bodies and practice at the same time."

Even if Samuel plays, I wouldn't expect he's at full strength. With it being a knee injury I hope AJ can burn him a time or two.

Even if Samuel plays, I wouldn't expect he's at full strength. With it being a knee injury I hope AJ can burn him a time or two.

or act like he's gonna whoop the ******* out of him and see if he runs out of the way :evil:

seriously though, I think our only chance of winning is if AJ has a monster game. Our offense has to be flawless this game to give us a chance at winning.

From ESPN

Asante Samuel, CB Questionable Nov 30
Comment: Samuel (knee) was able to get some work in Tuesday, according to the Eagles' official Twitter page.

Will somone please explain the accuracy of the information of the INJURY REPORT on the Eagles official site.:chef:

We have a short week this week, but don't we have a longer one next week with the monday night game with the Ravens? Will we be able to use those extra days to our advantage to upset the Ravens?

or act like he's gonna whoop the ******* out of him and see if he runs out of the way :evil:

seriously though, I think our only chance of winning is if AJ has a monster game. Our offense has to be flawless this game to give us a chance at winning.

Their defense depends on blitzing alot to generate pressure as mcdermott is jim johnson's protege. If we can successfully, control that, it will be open season back there for schaub & AJ/Foster.

Winston needs to keep off that shoulder, giving it a week and a half rest would really help him finish season stronger. Butler did a solid job playing LT for Brown see no reason why he can't fill in RT too?

CloakNNNdagger can better explain nature of shoulder injury :)

Their defense depends on blitzing alot to generate pressure as mcdermott is jim johnson's protege. If we can successfully, control that, it will be open season back there for schaub & AJ/Foster.

Winston needs to keep off that shoulder, giving it a week and a half rest would really help him finish season stronger. Butler did a solid job playing LT for Brown see no reason why he can't fill in RT too?

Now, I'm thinking with these two posts and Trent Cole being a great passrusher, we may see a lot of screens, draws, slants, etc. Foster is a GREAT reciever out of the backfield and if there's 4 DL and 1 or 2 LBs rushing, Foster could have a field day.

I hope we see another 200 yd 3 TD performance from him... and AJ destroys Samuel for 100+ yds and 1 TD, Defense stands strong and we win 34-13.

We don't have much info on Winston's shoulder injury. But reviewing the last game, it looked like he was favoring his right shoulder. You seldom saw his right are go up too far nor attain good leverage. A right tackle with a right bum shoulder can't contain a DE outside rush. And that's exactly what we saw happen against the Tits.

Eagles Defensive Coordinator Says Asante Samuel Will Play ‘When He’s Ready’
By Gina DiFalco– December 1, 2010

When it comes to Philadelphia Eagles cornerback, Asante Samuel, being able to play in Thursday’s game against the Houston Texans, defensive coordinator Sean McDermott said, “I don’t know.”

While the Pro Bowler was back at practice, he was also limited in his last full session. He’s suffering from sustaining an injury in his knee.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that after practice, McDermott said, “We’ll see. He was out there a little bit today and it’s a day-to-day thing.”

Adding, “He looked a lot better than yesterday, and we’ll welcome him back when he’s ready.”

Samuel’s comments on his progress were minimal, as he told reporters he was “working hard to get better every day.”

Winston today is listed as PROBABLE.

Owen Daniels is OUT!

CND, this is VERY consistent with what you said during OD's rehab. You mentioned fearing that he would have hammy issues going forward. Is this something that will subside over time or it that he'll always have this issue? Can we look forward to ever seeing the old OD?

Back