Texans Cheerleaders..

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by thunderkyss, Dec 10, 2009.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I'm watching the Rockets vs Cavs (DVR) & it dawned on me that they "showcase" the power dancers almost after every break.

Why don't the NFL allow the Cheerleaders to be showcased in the same manner.

Every NFL production, when they do show the cheerleaders, there is usually some advertiser's tag all over the screen, & you can't really see the cheerleaders?

These girls work hard, why wouldn't you allow them to be seen?

I'd much rather see these hard working girls perform, than an aerial view of Reliant.

2. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

They come out (well to the endzones) at the two minute warning. Other than that I would say a big difference is that NBA players come off the court for every time out while NFL players mostly stay on the field (with the exception of the QB and defensive captain). Also basketball cheerleaders aren't performing in between every play since basketball is mostly continuous, where the Texans cheerleaders are performing just about between every play.

3. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

TB, I'm talking about on the Televised production. They'll show the Rockets Power-Dancers doing their thing, unobstructed, so you can actually see them.

The NFL though always cover them up with the score, or a farmers swath, or something silly. But they'll show an unobstructed aerial view of a closed dome.

don't make sense to me.

4. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

damn...thought some pictures were in this thread.

5. Texan_Bill

From that aspect, I think the NFL chooses to be a little bit more family friendly and the Power Dancers, while sill clean can be somewhat risqué (see school girl outfits) but they're mostly at night games. Also I think the fact that the NFL's games are predominantly during the day and again, of course NBA games are primarily at night. With that said, I'm in agreement with you; it doesn't make sense and the NFL cheerleaders work extremely hard too and should get some more air time.

6. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

The Texan cheerleaders are too far away on the field. They should break into small groups, go out into the stands and dance in the aisles.

7. Texan_Bill

I'm completely on board.