Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Cat and Mouse Draft Conspiracies

Daonly

Waterboy
The Goal: Drop Young's Value, To Raise Lienarts Value. Make the Saints, and Titans Battle it out for their Man which is Matt Lienart.

You pay Colin Cowheard under the table. To Drop Bombs on Young Ability; and to shake up things a bit.

You give Carr his extension, to lower the value of the Hometown hero.

Only other player besides Reggie Bush to have a chance to go #1 is Matt Lienart not Vince Young.

The Texans know that, The whole League knows that.

Texans play dumb at press conferences and to the media. Act like we can take on two QB's like Chargers and sit one; or trade down, we have (plenty) of options of which direction to go.

By doing that; The Texans power over the draft gets wider; leaving doubt in the minds of the Saints, Titans, or Jets. By Saying will be glad with either, Lienart,Bush,Young or D'Brick.

A Team can't debunk the Texans trade demands by saying we are going to stay put and take the next best QB in Vince Young. Every One knows Yince Young is really not a top 5 pick. He's border line to go #3 overall to the Titans only tides are with Steve McNair;but why the Titans care about the tides with Steve Mc Nair when he's a year away or a cut away from being off the Team?

Trade: Saints, Texans Flop Picks. Texans gives the rights to Lienhart, and The Saints 3rd pick back to them for the Saints 2nd over all pick. 2nd pick in the second round, 4th round pick, and a next years 2nd. Houston then selects Reggie Bush at #2. :homer:

Donaly-

I'm with you as far as the conspiracy goes. All the he said she said stuff around draft time can make one's head swim.

Although I beleive the Titans will want Leinert more than any due to the Norm Chow connection. We're able to orchestrate a trade with them and swap spots as well as garner their 2nd or 3rd rd'r in this years draft but definately get their 1st next year. Then they take Leinert, Saints trade out of the #2 spot with a team that wants Bush or Young Or even Cutler if his stock stays up and then we're able to get either Young (my preference) or Bush or maybe even trade down again.

i think all the trade chances for the texans and the chances of landing a sweet deal when out the book when they assured to draft Bush they gave themself no leverage. everyone knows they wont take any of the stud at QB so for the teams that are 2nd 3rd 4th no they will get a stud so they have no need to trade.

I don't see the Saints going for that trade.To move up one spot to get a QB they may never sign in the number 1 spot.They have cap trouble and everything else.I just can't see it

and a second next year

That would be there whole first day and a second next year would be murder!

The trade is only worth 400 points value and you are charging 1700 points value.:spy:

...and why would the Titans care since they are guaranteed to get either Leinart, Bush, or Young?

Tom Benson trading up? If anything, he's trading out of #2 to save a few bucks.

aj. said:
...and why would the Titans care since they are guaranteed to get either Leinart, Bush, or Young?

Tom Benson trading up? If anything, he's trading out of #2 to save a few bucks.

AJ,
I agree with what you are saying here. The saints don't want to pay more and the Titans are good where they are at. The only trade we might be able to get is with the Jets (highly unlikely) and maybe the Packers.

Back