Texans Bullpen letter and responses

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by TEXANS84, Feb 27, 2008.

1. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Hey fellow Bullpen members, here is a letter we just recieved from Holly Schweitzer from the Texans on next season's future plan for the Bullpen.

Please leave comments guys on what you feel will make the Bullpen even better. I'm going to email her a link to this section so that she can see all of our responses.

My #1 complaint- Corporate seating/ticket brokers-selling opposing seats to visiting team fans and the corporate people only coming down for a quarter and then vacating their seats. I can name a few seat locations where I see different people every game, or no people at all.

2. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

This should be copied and taped to every seat owned by Ticketmaster and/or other corporate seats...

3. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Thats funny Bill. That was the first suggestion I thought of when I read the letter, and will definitely be the first suggestion I send to the events coordinator. Until they do something about the AMOUNT of corp and ticketmaster seats, nothing will change. Nothing would thrill me more than to be surrounded by hardcore TEXAN fans. BUT, this has been going on for almost 7 years now, so, I guess we will see if the TEXANS are truly serious about helping us give the Bullpen the home field advantage. IMHO, it's up to THEM!!

Gma

4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I'd like to hang out in the Bull Pen, if even just for a game. But those brokers want too much dern money. I'm a working man and have a tough enough time paying face value of my goat herder seats!

Good luck, y'all! It is good to see the Texans being pro-active about it. Hopefully it'll translate to the regular season.

5. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

Nothing wrong with those 'goat herder' seats...I've had mine since the beginning and love sitting in the nose bleeds...

6. Texan_Bill

We have a lot less ramps to negotiate.... :splits:

7. Double Barrel

I never said anything was wrong with them. Goat herders unite! :cowboy1:

I just wouldn't mind hanging out with our Bull Pen friends sometime.

8. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

9. Texan_Bill

Did you forward that link to the email address shown in your first post???.. The Overalls story is a perfect example of some of the issues that should be addressed...

10. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Glad to see the Texans wanting to improve the BullPen. I am a new PSL holder in 115, so I am almost in the Bull Pen, hey maybe that should be my sig? I am going to have to crow surf my way over this year.

11. Da_General

Da_General Obnoxious Musician

Move the BPPB back to the Bull Pen, only not hidden in the back. Or maybe in a neighboring section closer to the rail where we can still be seen and they can get some microphones for our 2 songs per game. I was told by Scott MacKerron that this is the main reason we were moved.

The sideline seats have their perks, but I miss being up there in the thick of all the fun.

BTW, I do NOT speak for the whole BPPB, just little ole' me. I probably shouldn't complain, because I'd never be able to go to games at all if it weren't for the BPPB.

12. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

You mean no one is willing to hook you up to sit in the Bull Pen?

Now that seems a little sad...

13. Overalls

Overalls Hall of Fame

To me it looks like they MAY have gotten the message. To me if you are going to promote a section to be the place for the rowdy fans you have to let them be a little more "enthusiatic" If my getting thrown out of the Bull Pen, and all the stir it caused with my friends, means they are actually going to put a greater emphasis on the Bull Pen being a special place like the Dawg Pound or the Black Hole I am glad it happened. I know alot of Y'all had my back. Thanks for that.

14. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Seems to me the fans just won this little battle.:splits: Good for us! And good for the Texans for listening. Now it is up to them to implement the ideas and the fans will have won the war.

Congratulations, Bull Pen - so far, so good. A little late in coming, but we just might have a real, bonafide Bull Pen this year!

It is really nice to know that the fans can make a difference when we get together and bombard the Texans with emails/phone calls. I just love happy endings. So, Texan Office - you go and make this a veritable Disney movie.:texflag:

15. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

If you knew DB, you would understand why !!

DiapHer likes this.
  16. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

Point well taken...helps me work off some of that beer from the tailgate...and gives me more time to have another while I am getting to my seat! :)

17. Texan_Bill

Touche'!!! :)

18. Double Barrel

One word, bro': escalators!

Take the emergency stairs down, and I probably get out of the stadium quicker than you do. :howdy:

19. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

It's a done deal DB. After the sch comes out, we'll work on a game that will bring your happy goat herder butt right on down to the front of the bullpen. I love sharing my seats with diehard Texan fans! Stay tuned!!:)

20. Texan_Bill

Funny!! :)