Texans Breakout Player in '07

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by KJ3, Aug 5, 2007.

?

Who really turns it up a notch this year? Bam!

1. D-Rob

16 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Super Mario

24 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. Matt Schaub

10 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Amobi-wan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ahman Green

4 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. Jacoby Jones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Jerome "hammy" Mathis

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  8. Owen Daniels

12 vote(s)
    14.1%
  9. Fred Bennet

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  10. Other

5 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. KJ3

KJ3 Guest

my vote is dunta.

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Dunta. I feel that the DLine will help and since we have better depth in secondary (relative to horrible) we may see him blitz the QB more often which I feel he does very well.

3. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

I voted for Matt, but really think that a lot of players are going to "turn it up a notch".

From what I have been reading and hearing it sounds like the whole team in general is more focused and excited about this year and seem to be further ahead teamwise than they were at this time last year.

We probably will not make it to the Super Bowl this year, but really feel we will surprise a lot of people.

4. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

I think (Baring any injury) Mario is going to be the breakout player. With an improved line Weaver and Maddux, and Okoye out there I think it will give Mario alot of chances to be in the backfield early. Plus I'm sick and tired of hearing about those other two guys. You know the scrubs that the Titans and Saints drafted.:mario3:

5. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I voted Owen. I think that he was ignored a lot last season and still had a good year. I think that Matt will be looking for him more and getting the ball to him.

6. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Mario

7. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I guarantee Schaub will do more for this team than he ever has before. :user:

He got my vote for more practical reasons as well.

8. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

Bennett. He's been impressive. I could see him as a DROY over Amobi

9. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

The rookies really don't belong in this poll. How can someone "turn it up" if they've never played in the league before???

In fact, you could argue that Schaub doesn't belong, since he's only had spot starts and mop-up duty, this is his first season as "the man".

I voted for D-Rob. From what I've seen during the three TC sessions I've been to, he looks like a Man on a Mission.

10. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

That's kind of what I was thinking ... along with 'where's Charlie Anderson?'

11. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Wow. My thoughts exactly.

12. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Owen Daniels. Before he hit the rookie wall last year he was having a very fine rookie season. I think he'll be even better this season. My guess is that he finishes the season 2nd in receptions behind Andre Johnson since we don't have a prominent #2 WR.

13. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

I went with Daniels. If anyone is going to benefit from Schuab being here its Daniels.

14. I went with D-Rob. I think our secondary is by far the best that its ever been and could rival some of the better units in the league. In TC from what ive seen Dunta is laying the hat and playing like the pro bowler caliber player that he is. As much as I want Mario to become the player he is supposed to this year i think this is Dunta'a year

15. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

Is Travis in his contract year? Or does he have another year to go?

That will usually motivate a player...:money:

:coffee:

16. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

I went with Mathis. For some reason, I think he stays healthy and gets some time at WR. We know what he can do at KR, but I think he gives us a huge help at WR with his speed. I've heard good things about him in practice and I hope he can step up.

17. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Got to go with Mathis, if he is performing like eveyone says.

18. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Daniels and all the TEs biggest benefactor was Kubiak and his TE oriented system no matter who the QB is.
    But I'm thinking TJ might be the real sleeper this year for a turnaround and may leave the Amobe pick looking pretty redundant and unnecessary by year-end.

19. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

He practiced well the day I was there and Kubiak had some nice things to say the practice before. I am very cautiously optimistic. We all want a WR speed merchant, but the hammy and how he copes with injuries while still showing progress at WR is still not answered for his long term prospects on this team.

20. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I went with 'other' for Kasey Studdard. I realize he's a rookie and some people have problems with rookies being on this list. Studdard is turning it on and just may very well threaten to take away the starting 'C' slot away from McKinney and Flanaghan(sp?). That's what I'd consider turning it on and breaking out into the league.

Studdard may not have the size but he definitely has the smarts and a nasty streak. A lot of people consider the LT slot to be the most important. I've started to revert my opinion on the subject after seeing Jeff Saturday anchor the Colts' line. Brains and brawn is a combination that's extremely rare and I've been reading that Studdard has both hence him being considered for the position in TC.

Sadly, he'll most likely be grossly overlooked and Schaub or Green would get the credit. It sucks to be in the trenches sometimes. It all begins with the offensive line.

Don't misunderstand. I think that our line is just fine as it is. I'm just saying that we have problems but we're solid. Studdard would be a great addition if he turns out to be the player that I'm hoping for.

I really think we got a steal with Studdard in the sixth round.