Texans biggest need: #2 WR

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Big Valley, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Big Valley

Big Valley Rookie

Any local talk/buzz of a trade for legit #2 WR? Any trade talk at all?

Dwayne Bowe, Percy Harvin, Brandon Marshall could be in play if their respective teams become sellers.

:trophy: ... we need one.

Ole Miss Texan likes this.
  2. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

Biggest need a #2 WR? IMHO, their biggest need is a healthy Arian. Oh, and another legit corner wouldn't hurt.

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

this ain't baseball

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

If we're going to make a trade, it needs to be for a viable #2 NFL caliber corner. Kareem Jackson is a flat out bust and needs to be removed from the starting lineup ASAP.

Kareem Jackson, the only player that I have ever written off as a complete colossal bust after just one season in the NFL...that's how bad he is.

"Most NFL ready corner" :vincepalm: Rick Smith should be fired on spot just for that pick alone.

5. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

scoring 30 points indicates your premise is incorect. #2CB and Nose Tackle is ahead of your guy although we should address it in next draft. :slapfight: :tiphat:

6. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Indeed. Anyone got an up to date list of free agent WR's out there waiting for a call? Is there anyone not currently playing who could help us?

7. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Their biggest need? Winning games.

Ryan likes this.
  8. Rey

Rey Guest

I don't think teams in the NFL become "sellers". They just hold onto the guys they can because unlike some other sports it doesn't have take long to get good.

But with that said I do think that another receiving target that can consistently beat one on one coverage would help a lot. That or a qb that elevates the level of play of everyone around them.

Right now our offense is very very good though. It could get better and propel into the upper stratosphere, but the most important component to this teams success is the defense. If the defense controls the opposing offense, we should win.

9. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Bring in one or both of Pat/Jamal Williams.

Bring in a vet CB like Lito Sheppard or let Harris get some experience. They cant be worse than KJ.

Draft a WR in rd 1/2 next yr. The draft is deep at WR.

10. playa465

playa465 Site Contributor

Just curious, out of the 39 pass attempts in the Saints game, does any1 know how many were directed at a WR other than Aj?

11. gary

gary Hall of Fame

The Texans had the opportunity to upgrade but instead they re-signed Jones just Gary being loyal as always.

12. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

This thread is a mirage. It really isn't about the #2 WR, but more about how we can upgrade the #2 corner spot since that really is our "biggest need". Could we afford a upgrade at WR...yes, but we just gave up 40 points and our #1 CB has a knack for getting banged up and misses games during the regular season.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

There was a list posted in another thread on the subject when Walter went down ....

14. Ndevine7

Ndevine7 All Pro

Rotoworld.com usually posts target counts on wednesday or thursday

15. Trail.Blazr

Trail.Blazr All Pro

I guess you'd never watched Charles Dimry much in the early 90's... aka "toast". Fortunately, for Bronco fans.. He only started 18 games under Wade Phillips in Denver. How may games has KJ started here? :glasshalffull:

16. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

And who on that list would be better than we have now? That's why threads like this are silly. Like someone said, this ain't baseball.

Who we got is who we got is who we got is who we got.

Got that! ;)

17. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

bold talk there rookie, but not a bad idea its just that trades in the NFL are few & far between, heck even in my fantasy league they're non-existent. Texans also seem not to want & challenge their best player, preferring to bracket him with a solid yet unspectacular supporting cast. I think it would benefit Andre & the Texans if they had some competition @ WR that would carry over on game days. That being said, going after a free agent WR next off season may be a very probably resolution, if they can resolve cap issues moving forward. Otherwise its back to the draft & using a #1 or #2 pick (if the right guy is available?) to really find somebody with the talent & ability to step in, compete & win that #2 spot. Believe it or not that's going to take somebody pretty special, so even that requires some luck & planning to secure the right player. I'm afraid this season we play with what we got. I would like to see them try to involve Bryant Johnson more. He was a former #1 pick, has the experience & looks good running routes & making tough catches in traffic, similar body style to Andre just condensed.

18. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Reminds me of Kubiak's quote last season, after Jackson had been roasted numerous times.
    And by "go" he meant continue to see the season flushed down the toilet by inserting Jackson in the lineup.

I don't think there's another QB on the schedule that can expose the Texans secondary like Brees did in the 4th quarter. But if there is, it's Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday.

Biggest need on the Texans? Leadership in the 4th quarter. On the field and on the sideline.

19. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

Our biggest need is definitely a #2 CB. I just don't see us picking anyone up until the offseason. In the mean time it's on our coaching staff to minimize the damage from KJ's lack of coverage

20. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I wanted to make a run at Sidney Rice in the offseason, but the money ran out. JJ was a mistake, but he is a decent threat at punt returner.