Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Bag Bush

This is from www.profootballtalk.com. They reported this @10:02 am

TEXANS BAG BUSH

A source tells us that the Houston Texans have reached an agreement with tailback Reggie Bush, which will make him the first overall choice in the 2006 draft.

More details coming.

Not done yet...
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
CASSERLY CONFIRMS IT -- NO DEAL YET FOR BUSH
In our quest to actually engage in some "real" journalism (imagine that), we've heard from Texans G.M. Charley Casserly as to the rumors we've heard of a done deal between the Texans and tailback Reggie Bush.
After catching wind of the agreement from a source who has been rock-solid for us in the past, we initially called Texans V.P. of comunications Tony Wyllie. We left a message on Wyllie's cell phone, and then we tried to reach Casserly. We heard back from Wyllie first, and we've now had a chance to talk to the G.M. himself.
And Casserly confirms the team's position that no deal is in place.
In so doing, Casserly sounded pretty convincing to us.
He said that the rumor of a deal is "absolutely not true." Casserly said that the team is in active negotiations with both Bush and defensive end Mario Williams. "That's the honest to God truth," Casserly added.
So now we're torn. The source who told us about the deal is a credible one. But "honest to God" is a pretty strong affirmation, unless Casserly secretly is an atheist or something.
For now, we'll take the team's word for it. But we're also going to follow up with our source.

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
Like the shell game isn't it. Is it under shell #1, #2, or #3. Like saying is the pick Bush, Williams, or heaven forbid Davis.

BREAZE

Waterboy
Casserly confirms the team's position that no deal is in place.
He said that the rumor of a deal is "absolutely not true." Casserly said that the team is in active negotiations with both Bush and defensive end Mario Williams. "That's the honest to God truth," Casserly added.

Exactly what were they expecting Casserly to say? If the story is true then he's not going to annouce it until "Friday" as the original story indicated. Today is "Thursday" last time I checked...

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
BREAZE said:
Casserly confirms the team's position that no deal is in place.

Exactly what were they expecting Casserly to say? If the story is true then he's not going to annouce it until "Friday" as the original story indicated. Today is "Thursday" last time I checked...
I had thought about this to and was going to post something to the same affect. You beat me to it. Casserly seems to be saying there has been more negoiation with Williams than the other sources are reporting. I find that kind of interesting. Casserly has implied if he has an aggreement with one, but not the other that might result in the pick. The Texans are milking the contracts in this case.

tulexan

Hall of Fame
We were also told that we were still interviewing coaching candidates and that we didn't know who we would pick eventhough everyone knew that Kubiak was the guy

Texans86

Rookie
As of ESPN draft special at 1:00, one of the analysts says he talked to CC less than 20 minutes ago, and there is still no decision on Bush or Williams.

Big B Texan Fan said:
This is from www.profootballtalk.com. They reported this @10:02 am

TEXANS BAG BUSH

A source tells us that the Houston Texans have reached an agreement with tailback Reggie Bush, which will make him the first overall choice in the 2006 draft.

More details coming.
He is getting paid 29.5 million dollars for a 6 year deal.

or 4 year deal I dont remember, but I do remember that it is 29.5 million

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
DominickDavisFan76 said:
He is getting paid 29.5 million dollars for a 6 year deal.

or 4 year deal I dont remember, but I do remember that it is 29.5 million
Wow, $30 mil/4 years....... alot of teams are going to be happy with us.... that works out to a little more than $7 million a year... that's AJ/Carr.... 2002 #1 pick kinda money.

I find that hard to believe.

ledzeppelin229

Hall of Fame
thunderkyss said:
Wow, $30 mil/4 years....... alot of teams are going to be happy with us.... that works out to a little more than $7 million a year... that's AJ/Carr.... 2002 #1 pick kinda money.

I find that hard to believe.
That's just the guaranteed amount. I remember something else reporting 49 mil/6 years