Texans avoid serious injuries in preseason

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Aug 28, 2011.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

FWIW

link

2. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Now if we can get thru the regular season without significant injuries. It is time we start building depth. Very good starters at most positions and some workable backups.

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I think we already have that this season....there are going to be some very tough cuts in the upcoming weeks.

I would like to get our backup lineman healthy though. Saturday when the starters went out and we had to go straight to the 3rd stringers, the runnning game started to bog down and the protection was a little shotty.

4. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

We could use better back ups at corner, QB and OG. I am hopeful that will be Shelley but not known yet. I am hoping Pemberton will beat out Butler in a year or two. Love his size. Back up for Demeco? Myers? We can name names but still are unsure of many of them. WR depth? Uh, oh.

5. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

What you talking bout Willis? Don't you know it's a copycat league? The way to win the Super Bowl is the Green Bay way! How many players they have on IR by the end of the season?

6. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Yeah, but every team in the league can point to at least 3 positions where they feel they need better depth. As a whole though, the quality of depth is on par with other playoff teams in this league. I like Smith and Caldwell so I like the depth at guard...they just need to get healthy.

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Agreed but have seen little of Shelley. Caldwell was drafted for center and everyone had him beating out Myers by game 1. He can't beat out Brisiel at OG. He might be good backup if healthy but..

8. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

:vincepalm:

Nice Jinx Chron.

9. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I agree, and am already looking forward to next years draft. Unfortunately new holes pop up every year so building depth takes longer than expected. I can forsee depth needed throughout the entire defense as well as the O-line and wouldn't mind an almost exclusive defensive draft like we had this year. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and we don't make more holes in the team than their already are.