Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans @ Arizona Prediction Thread

Changing my prediction. Had a dream last night everyone was congratulating me(jabbing more like it) about finally getting a W. So I'm going 180...

38-17 Case connects to Posey, Hopkins and Graham 20 times and Andre still gets 2 tds

Case is getting comfortable and the upcoming games are not very intimidating. Even with our current situation:

@Arizona
Oakland
Jags
Patriots
@Jags
@Indy
Denver
@Tacks

Only game that "worries" me would be NE but they have a reason to want to perform high there. Denver will be locked in playoff spot by week 16. Could come down to week 17 Tacks game for 6th seed.

Seriously? You're just acting like we're going to win in Indy which we've never done in the history of the franchise and also saying this right after we lost to them?

Denver very well might be playing for a first seed so I don't see them laying over to let us win and the Pats will destroy us like they did both games last season.

Dude, we're 2-6, I've never seen such a sunshine-pumping 2-6 fanbase. We suck, stop acting like we're going to the playoffs. We got crushed by the RAMS for God's sake.

Seriously? You're just acting like we're going to win in Indy which we've never done in the history of the franchise and also saying this right after we lost to them?

Denver very well might be playing for a first seed so I don't see them laying over to let us win and the Pats will destroy us like they did both games last season.

Dude, we're 2-6, I've never seen such a sunshine-pumping 2-6 fanbase. We suck, stop acting like we're going to the playoffs. We got crushed by the RAMS for God's sake.

I could just pump **** and be negative. I would rather be an eternal optimist.

There is always hope. Probable? No

Possible? Hell yes.

Texans - 105
Cardinals - 2

Case will be so tired after throwing 15 touchdowns, that he wont be able to avoid the safety ...

I could just pump **** and be negative. I would rather be an eternal optimist.

There is always hope. Probable? No

Possible? Hell yes.

Many, many perspectives on this board can be placed into one of two broad categories, and these categories don't even have the same basis.

The first are those who look at the Texans as a football team and compare them to other NFL teams. They have a negative view of this team, which is easily defendable. With a 2-6 record, it is realistic to assume the Texans are a bad football team with many problems from ownership down through the players. Which areas - management, coaching, players - carry what proportion of the blame is open to lively debate.

The second are those who look at the Texans as a hometown team. They are optimistic that the future is bright for their team, and consider the small victories and goals important for the team in comparison to itself. For the most part they want to see the team succeed with the people that are in the organization; they are the ones who make up the "home town team" identity. They can have a lively debate on what will be fixed next, and how to fix it.

To take a topical example, posit that the Texans finish 6-10 and Keenum performs like a legitimate starting NFL quarterback. The first group will say the Texans failed in the NFL this season, coming in third in the division and toward the bottom of the conference. The second group will say the Texans have fixed their quarterback problem, and next year looks brighter.

These two groups are arguing from different premises, so many of these threads turn silly to nasty. I mean seriously, does anyone but Dale or TK, (sorry guys, joking), really think the 2-6 Texans are a successful, competitive NFL team this year? Does anyone, besides those who can't bear to be proven wrong by Keenum, really hope he fails and the team be even worse going into next year because they don't have a quarterback?

Put me down as thinking this team has lots of problems that need fixed and that people need replaced, but also hoping that finding a quarterback isn't one of the problems to be addressed next year.

Texans - 27

Cardinals....

Ah hell what's the point...

They get a lead and the defense gives it away...

Defense plays stellar and the offense can't move crap...

This has been one of the most bizarro seasons ever...

It just sucks....

give-up.gif

I know there is every reason to be pessimistic, and I don't fault anyone for predicting a loss, but seriously, y'all can relax.

I'm personally going to will this team to a win.

It's only weird if it doesn't work.

Texans - 105
Cardinals - 2

Case will be so tired after throwing 15 touchdowns, that he wont be able to avoid the safety ...

You are way off. Fat Randy misses the ball on the tee when he goes to kickoff. All other 10 Texans are already running downfield and don't see what happened. Fat Randy mistakes the ball for a ham hock, picks it up and thinks the Cards are chasing him to take away his snack. He runs into the end zone, at which time Matt Schaub chases him down (Fat Randy = the only Texan Scahub is faster than) and knocks him out for pulling into his driveway that day with a bunch of drunken tourists. (it wasn't Randy's fault, he was supposed to turn a street earlier but missed.) Cards pile on Fat Randy resulting in a safety and their only score.

Shiloh Keo starting FS for this game, Reed will be coming off the bench. WOW! Texans finally showing some accountability here. I thought that Keo has played well this season when he was starting. Glad to see him back.

Toros by 10..

Keenum comes down to earth, a little, but still plays
well enough --along with the defense -- to win by double
digits..

TJ

Case is getting comfortable and the upcoming games are not very intimidating. Even with our current situation:

@Arizona
Oakland
Jags
Patriots
@Jags
@Indy
Denver
@Tacks

Only game that "worries" me would be NE but they have a reason to want to perform high there. Denver will be locked in playoff spot by week 16. Could come down to week 17 Tacks game for 6th seed.
If you think we're going to beat the Dolts in Lucas Oil Stadium, you're crazier than I am.

Make two FG's? Pssh

Nah, they get 2 TDs then Bullock goes in for a FG. Arizona puts in Peterson to field the missed FG but the sun through the roof blinds him and the ball bounces off his helmet through the upright. Wade kicks a kitten (VY starts crying) and they go for 2 on the 3rd TD prior to Watt knocking Palmer through the uprights for a safety and turning to Bullock yelling "that's how you f#$king do it."

Nah, they get 2 TDs then Bullock goes in for a FG. Arizona puts in Peterson to field the missed FG but the sun through the roof blinds him and the ball bounces off his helmet through the upright. Wade kicks a kitten (VY starts crying) and they go for 2 on the 3rd TD prior to Watt knocking Palmer through the uprights for a safety and turning to Bullock yelling "that's how you f#$king do it."

Lol

Love that bit about Watt.

I need cheering up. My beloved Blades are at the bottom end of the table. I have pulled my calf muscle first day back at gym after knee surgery.

Need this win. Will be praying for this at church Sunday.

Tate is going to get 150+ yards De-possey is getting 6 receptions 85 yards n a TD and Watt will do what he does bast .....SMASH!

Right am now off to watch my beloved Blade play sht football for 90 mins and get ..depressed. wish me luck.

Ps. I envy all of you who get to watch Houston at the Relient... wish I was there (you might not think it but you are lucky in my eyes)

The Cardinals are a lot better than I thought they'd be this year, they're 4-4 with wins against the Lions, Bucs, Falcons and Panthers.

My prediction:

Us- 17
Them- 27

Case has another good game but defense and ST continue to suck, they'll (the Cardinals) will definitely be scoring a TD on ST. We will not be doing so. We will still have posters claiming that we are still in it at 2-7 and that we're going to be having a successful season by trying to impact playoff teams' seedings by playing the spoiler role. Hooray, kill me.

Dammit, Mendenhall kept me from nailing it.

Back