Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2013 NFL Draft, Rounds 4, 5, 6, & 7

srrono

All Pro
Well I am extremely disapointed that no NT has been taken I am so tired of having subpar players at the NT position. We needed to make the DL stronger to help Watt this year, expect every team to double Watt all year. If NT was a strength instead of a weakness doubling Watt would have been more difficult to do.
:toropalm:

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Instead of position by position, I break it down like this because I think it's more accurate in how Wade likes to rotate:

OLB: Mercilus/Montgomery/Williams/Braman
ILB: Cushing/Reed/Sharpton/Dobbins
DE: Watt/Smith/Crick/Jamison
NT: Mitchell/???

We can possibly use Crick at times in the NT rotation, but I'd prefer to keep him at DE. I think we're going to be looking through the FAs for an NT and I'm hoping we get someone we like later.

But... I'm hoping someone like Swope drops to us, too.
Back to this analysis...
I don't have any issue at all with how you've got them aligned. Gives Wade lots of flexibility.

except at NT....
Rick, Wade.... we're waiting....:foottap:
:bat:

Texn4life

All Pro
BAL SEA SF load up on players that slip and are value picks even if it means to trade up to grab them thats a major difference between them and Houston.
I would say every pick we've gotten is a great value pick so I politely disagree with you.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Well I am extremely disapointed that no NT has been taken I am so tired of having subpar players at the NT position. We needed to make the DL stronger to help Watt this year, expect every team to double Watt all year. If NT was a strength instead of a weakness doubling Watt would have been more difficult to do.
:toropalm:
Antonio draws plenty of double teams. If we had an outside pass rush, Watt would have easily broke the single season sack record.

NT, is obviously getting Wade what he wants. If we're going to pat him on his back for everything else he does on defense, we need to let this sub-par NT crap go.

We don't have to understand it... just let it go.

The folks sitting up at Reliant editing the webpage aren't in on any of the planning sessions. They are just listing college positions for now.
Also like I said, LSU plays a 4-3. He is way too small to play 5 tech. They probably saw DE and just put him there without any real thinking.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Also like I said, LSU plays a 4-3. He is way too small to play 5 tech. They probably saw DE and just put him there without any real thinking.
Dwight Freeny has made an All-Pro career playing the 5-tech as a smallish DE.

Antonio plays the 3 tech, the UT. 260lbs is way to small & I doubt it's ever been done in the NFL.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Available
95 Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech

101 David Quessenberry OT San Jose State
102 Matt Scott QB Arizona
104 Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia
108 Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M
110 Chase Thomas OLB Stanford
119 Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
124 Josh Evans FS Florida

srrono

All Pro
Antonio draws plenty of double teams. If we had an outside pass rush, Watt would have easily broke the single season sack record.

NT, is obviously getting Wade what he wants. If we're going to pat him on his back for everything else he does on defense, we need to let this sub-par NT crap go.

We don't have to understand it... just let it go.
Wade can make do without a good NT I understand that. Don't you think Wade could do more with this def with a weapon as a NT. If HOU stands pat we can expect the same problems I just want to see improvment Watt cant do it all by himself.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
Wade can make do without a good NT I understand that. Don't you think Wade could do more with this def with a weapon as a NT. If HOU stands pat we can expect the same problems I just want to see improvment Watt cant do it all by himself.
I'd kinda like Cory Grissom at this point. He's a high motor guy, a little out of control but he could be used as the penetrator type of NT Wade wants.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
So what's up with this Jordan Poyer CB guy? I notice he was rated as a 2nd round pick. He's still available.

panamamyers

Waterboy
Still can't believe people wanted us to take Swope with a 2nd or 3rd.
His was the quickest ascent I had ever seen from slightly underrated to completely overrated by Internet fans.

drs23

Veteran
I WANT RODGERS or SWOPEEEEE
I would not be upset by that.
Darick is still there?

I'd still pick him up. Been saying that since the second round...
I've been pondering that for a while. I wonder if the braintrust is thinking "if he falls to the 5th, what have we got to lose?" kinda thing. I wouldn't mind seeing it at all and it would certainly make the "choirboy" thread!