Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans 2006 Schedule

CyberTexan

Waterboy
Texans Schedule for 2006
Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Buffalo, Miami, Philadelphia, Washington, Cleveland Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New England, N.Y. Jets, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Oakland

I dont know what you guys think but that Schedule looks tougher than the one we had this year :brickwall

CyberTexan said:
Texans Schedule for 2006
Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Buffalo, Miami, Philadelphia, Washington, Cleveland Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New England, N.Y. Jets, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Oakland

I dont know what you guys think but that Schedule looks tougher than the one we had this year :brickwall

The only hopes would be Cleveland, Tennessee, Buffalo, maybe Philly, maybe NYJ and Oakland. I count six wins at the very most, and that would be stretching it.

Yes, next year will be a tougher one this this years. 8-8 will be a real feat to get done.

'eh, never know. Teams that are great this year could stink next year (except Indy, of course).

Look at Philly and how far they fell in a year. idonno:

The schedule does appear a little tougher when looked at with where those team are this year, though.

**** indianapolis, hands down most overrated team in the league right now. they barely won against a team that houston beat, the arizona cardinals. they got their asses handed to them from the chargers that didnt even make it to the playoffs, and their starters were actually in that game. i know the dungy death thing is sad, but i still dont have much pity for this team.
we'll know the texans have gotten better when we sweep the colts both games while manning and harrison are still starting on the team. that'll be the year the texans get in the playoffs.
i cant wait to see indianapolis shut down in the playoffs again. they're the USC of the NFL, overrated and destined to perish to a team the media thinks they can beat.

How 'Bout Them Texans??? said:
**** indianapolis, hands down most overrated team in the league right now. they barely won against a team that houston beat, the arizona cardinals. they got their asses handed to them from the chargers that didnt even make it to the playoffs, and their starters were actually in that game. i know the dungy death thing is sad, but i still dont have much pity for this team.
we'll know the texans have gotten better when we sweep the colts both games while manning and harrison are still starting on the team. that'll be the year the texans get in the playoffs.
i cant wait to see indianapolis shut down in the playoffs again. they're the USC of the NFL, overrated and destined to perish to a team the media thinks they can beat.

Except that USC can win a championship. I agree that they are as overrated as it gets and I wish upon wish for an obliterating loss to NE again in the playoffs and people can shut up with the "if only they could play them in Indy it would be different" crap.

Look at what players they put on the field. This is Colts mentality, if the game does not mean ****e, leave the MVP's on the bench. Just think back to last pre-season, 0-4.

**** indianapolis, hands down most overrated team in the league right now. they barely won against a team that houston beat, the arizona cardinals.

I'm not sure how overrated they are to be honest with you. They are 48-16 in the past four seasons under Dungy. That's pretty impressive, regardless of the outcome of their seasons. I'd be happy with that record if it was associated with our team.

With regards to "barely won" - that term doesn't exist. You win or you lose. It is a black and white issue - SCOREBOARD. It's all that matters.

I'm not a Colts fan by any stretch of the imagination. Hope they choke again, to be honest. But I still have to be honest and admit they're a consistently good team under Dungy.

CyberTexan said:
Texans Schedule for 2006

Tougher is an understatement IMO

7 of the 13 teams we will play were .500 or better in 2005.
(IND, JAC, NE, NYG, WASH, DAL, MIA)
2 of the 7 we play twice. (IND, JAC)
3 of the 7 were division champs. (IND, NE, NYG)
5 of the 13 are playoff bound. (IND, NE, NYG, JAC, WASH)
ALL 13 had a better record than us.

Ohh the schedule will be tough, but Jack is overacieving, Buffalo is in dissaray, Tenn. is still a minute away, Clev will be very beatable again, Jets yeah we know there situation, dallas we beat them on principle, and oakland they should not be overly good next year either. well looking at that I would say 6-10 or 7-9 is a fair projection and anything over that may be overachieving depending on the offseason.

I remember last season.. we were talking about how easy we were going to have it this season.

There are very few "sure things" in the NFL.

I would say that Indianapolis is more like the Marino Dolphins. They put up a lot of points but they don't win the big games.

That schedule doesn't intimidate me. It seems like every year we are facing the toughest schedule we've ever had. I refuse to worry about this. Obviously not ever bad team is going to improve and we could have another down year. I don't think that way though so here's what I think about that schedule.

We were 2-14 this year. I see the following lousy teams on that schedule:

Tennessee
Buffalo
Philadelphia
Cleveland
Tennessee
New York (Jets).

That's the makings of a 6 win season right there. 6-10 is possible.

Then we throw in Jacksonville twice. The Jaguars are a team that we almost always get up for and so I think we can split that.

All of a sudden we're at 7-9 again.

Then you have the games against the Colts. We probably lose both of those and that's what it looks like on paper, no doubt about it. Sooner or later though we're going to win one against them. It could happen next year. If we split with the Colts (say they overlook us) then we could be 8-8.

Now lets look at the Cowboys. The Texans are going to be up for that game and they know what a win against Dallas means to the people back in Houston.

The remaining teams are Miami, Washington, New England, and the New York Giants.

An upset or two puts us in the playoffs.

That's a way early, super-optimistic look at next season. It will probably all change between now and then but right now I see nothing to fear in here.

You have got to be kidding right?

The colts are overrated? I'm not sure what you're smoking but puff puff pass.

I mean 48-16 the past 4 season under dungy....how is that overrated? Yes in the big games I agree they have had a tough time getting past NE....but WHO HASN'T???? I guess everyone since they've won 3 of the last 4 championships.

The fact that they had a hard time beating Arz doesn't mean squat. The starters didn't even play that much. Yea they got beat by SD...who was considered to be a SB defense and had they been in the NFC would have been far and away the best team. They just suffered from being in a ridiculously hard conference.

Indy has a dominating pass rush. If they stick with what playoff football is about running and defense they will roll.

There D is a paper tiger. They play sub par teams, and a few good teams in slumps, and they talk the best D in the NFL. The O is great, dont get me wrong, but they get more credit than they deserve. They have a tendency to choak in the playoffs and until they get over the hump they will always be overrated in my eyes. Just like Cincy, KC, Dallas, and the NY Giants. Im not calling them horrible but just because your good doesn't mean you cant be overrated. :twocents:

If the Colts are overrated I hope they bring some of that over here...you are what you are and they are an excellent football team. They're well coached, their offense is superb and they improved on defense this year. They can be beat as can any other team in history past and future. They're not perfect...but overrated. Nope.

I don't know this for sure, but I think 8 of the Jags wins this year came against teams with a under .500 average.

Texans34Life said:
When does the dates for the schedule come out?

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/2006_opponents

The official 2006 schedule, with playing dates and times, will be announced in the spring.

NFL Kickoff 2006 Weekend will begin on Thursday night, September 7, and the regular season will conclude on December 31.

Wild Card Weekend will be Saturday and Sunday, January 6-7; Divisional Playoff games on the weekend of January 13-14; and the AFC and NFC Championship Games on Sunday, January 21.

Super Bowl XLI at Dolphins Stadium in Miami, Florida will be played on Sunday, February 4.

The Pro Bowl in Honolulu, Hawaii, featuring the AFC and NFC All-Stars, is set for Sunday, February 11.

Ehh Depends, Just because you are active in FA doesnt mean youll be a contender. Washington has done this annually and they went to the playoffs as a wild card for the 1st time in years.

Just because they spend big doesnt mean they spend money on dependable.

I really cant predict where we will finish, not even guess.. the product is going to be something we havent really seen. A new offense and defense. Who knows the players we have been complaining about this year could be next seasons all pros in a different system.

Maybe we will get lucky and if we draft reggie Bush & he is like the Ben rothelisberger of running backs and we go like 14-2 :pigfly:

Or Mario Williams is the Ben rothlisberger of DE and we go 13-3

All I want to note is this. Indy is missing an integral component to many of those wins. I don't see Rhodes carrying the load like the edge did. Take that for what it is.

rittenhouserobz said:
All I want to note is this. Indy is missing an integral component to many of those wins. I don't see Rhodes carrying the load like the edge did. Take that for what it is.

I doubt if Maroney will last until 30 ... he could and I'm sure if he's there, Dungy would snap him up ... otw you could see Joseph Addai creep up into the late 1st.

They set the schedule at the owners spring meeting whenever that is.

I'm sorry, I meant the Texans' dates of when they play these teams throughout the schedule. I'm looking forward to the Texans/Cowgirls here in Dallas.

aj. said:
They set the schedule at the owners spring meeting whenever that is.

That May 21-24 -- NFL Spring Meeting, Denver (from NFL.com calendar) ... that meeting?
That's a long time to wait.

We are facing what looks like a tough crowd this next season. 8-8 would be an OUTSTANDING season for us given that group and where we are coming from. 6-10 is what I am expecting, but ya never know.

Bobo said:
The only hopes would be Cleveland, Tennessee, Buffalo, maybe Philly, maybe NYJ and Oakland. I count six wins at the very most, and that would be stretching it.

How dare you i don't see Dallas in here.:cool:

As long as we beat the cowgirls:stirpot: that's all that matters next year.:yahoo:
Here's hoping for a Thanksgiving day Texas Battle!

slyfox68 said:
Tougher is an understatement IMO

7 of the 13 teams we will play were .500 or better in 2005.
(IND, JAC, NE, NYG, WASH, DAL, MIA)
2 of the 7 we play twice. (IND, JAC)
3 of the 7 were division champs. (IND, NE, NYG)
5 of the 13 are playoff bound. (IND, NE, NYG, JAC, WASH)
ALL 13 had a better record than us.

I've got a feeling we're going to be seeing alot of this.............. in Carr's defense.

I'm thinking we could possibly land somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7. I know 9-7? It's a stretch but it is possible.I believe we should be able to beat Buffalo,Philly,Cleveland,N.Y.Jets,Oakland,and possibly Dallas,Split with Tenn.,and I think we will get our 1st win against Indy.A split with Jax is not out of the Question either.:redtowel:

SassyTexan said:
That May 21-24 -- NFL Spring Meeting, Denver (from NFL.com calendar) ... that meeting?

According to Texan office - the dates are set the first or second week in April.:ok:

SassyTexan said:

No.... this meeting -> March 26-30 -- NFL Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida.

I should have said annual meeting.

They agree on scheules then and release the info usually around April 10 plus or minus a few days. So we won't have that long to wait.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that the Texans will win their first game ever against the Colts. The loss of Edge is going to hurt them in the long run...
JM:twocents:

bigTEXan8 said:
I'm going out on a limb here and saying that the Texans will win their first game ever against the Colts. The loss of Edge is going to hurt them in the long run...
JM:twocents:
It's not Edge that has been beating us. It's the D of the Colts that keeps beating Carr, forcing him to make worse decisions than he's alraedy gonna make. You could almost say that Carr is the best player on the Colts team on those days.

But without Edge we only lose by 17, not 27. Progress. Yippee:twocents:

JMO, but I feel the NFC West has been pretty weak for the last couple of years (obviously not counting Seattle). Half our wins came from playing in this division. (Ok, lame state,) The NFC East is consistently tough, and I don't expect that to change. But I think these games will be easier, en toto, when compared to our AFC games. One thing I can guarantee is that the Skins, Boys, Eagles, and Giants are all looking at that Houston game and writing off "win." It will be fun to spoil it for them...

oso said:
JMO, but I feel the NFC West has been pretty weak for the last couple of years (obviously not counting Seattle). Half our wins came from playing in this division. (Ok, lame state,) The NFC East is consistently tough, and I don't expect that to change. But I think these games will be easier, en toto, when compared to our AFC games. One thing I can guarantee is that the Skins, Boys, Eagles, and Giants are all looking at that Houston game and writing off "win." It will be fun to spoil it for them...
I don't know if this how it works but.....
4 years ago we played the Skins and the Eagles @ their place and we played the Cowboys and Giants here (at least that is what I remember).

Does that mean that we will host the Skins and the Eagles while travelling the Dallas and NYG this time around?

we play nfc teams each once every 4 years. Every 8 years you have a home game against them. Every other game against them will be away. Say we played detroit 2 seasons ago. So in 2 season the Texans will be at home against the Lions. In 4 years after that they will be visting Detroit again...

How can y'all honestly judge the strenght of schedule this far out?

With parity in the NFL (see the rapid turn arounds of several teams, in both directions), the impact of coaching, the impact of rookies and the possibilities of injuries; the schedule could quickly become very easy or very hard.

I'll hold off woring about our schedule untill about week 3 of the preseason.

Back