Texans’ Review, Assessment, And Projections: 2006-2007

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://mvn.com/nfl-texans/2007/08/04/texans-review-assessment-and-projections-2006-2007/

2. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Who needs offense if we hold them to 3 points? :d:

3. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

This is probably a realistic assessment. While the fan in me obviously wants to see our first winning season (or at least non-losing), the fact is that we've got a lot of new players and we don't know how they will mesh. Our schedule is not an easy one, either.

4. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Easier than last year, that's for damn sure. If we can get off to a good start (beat the Chefs then knock off either the Panthers away or the Colts at home), then we could very well wind up with at least 8-8.

5. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Here's my positive outlook on the team. Every year since 1995 a team that's gone 6-10 or worse has made it to the playoffs. Including the Texans there were 9 teams that were 6-10 or worse last season. The other 8 are Cleveland, Miami, Oakland, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Washington and Arizona. Which of those, in your opinion, do you think has improved more than the Texans have?

6. jdog

jdog All Pro

Well, I bet you that most of the media machine would say Detroit at this point, but I think we beat any of those teams.

7. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

I think it is one of the more realistic reviews I have seen this offseason, I just can not for the life of me think that the titans will have anything but a losing record.

The front of the schedule is steup for them pretty good, but the second half is brutal.

Now granted I am biased and think the Texans will be 9-7 so I could be completely clueless.

8. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

well I try harder than anyone to throw as much water as I can on the hearts on their sleeves guys in the off season.

But.....the recent developements in Indi over the last couple of weeks reads to me that their is more than a kink in thier armour. They ain't got no armour. Unless they come up with a miracle the next couple of weeks, their defense will be a doughnut. AFC South just might be up for grabs this year. Now whether or not our guys can capture the moment is anyones guess. There's going to be a new sherrif in the division after the dust has settled. Correct nine wins just might get it done. First off, they gotta go 2-1. That's the first hurdle. And I ain't holding my breath untill it happens. Our OLT position is being held together with spit, bailing wire and a prayer.