Texan fans are idiots too!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by dalemurphy, Oct 8, 2007.

1. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I was at the game yesterday and was very disappointed with the fans- as usual. First of all, they are yelling and cheering everytime the team goes for it on 4th down.

Mostly, though, I can't stand the booing. I booed and heckled in 2005 because it was a ridiculous and embarrassing display. However, that's not what is happening this season. The first booing event was on the shovel pass we tried on 3rd and 15. The second, and loudest booing, was with less than 2 minutes left in the game after we've come back twice to tie and just had a big defensive stop. On 1st down, we ran the ball from our own 3. Any fans that don't understand why the team would run there, I can't understand why they'd sit in the stands, spend their money, and watch this game-which is clearly foreign to them. I don't spend $65 per seat to go watch a soccer match, that's for sure!

Corrosion likes this.
  2. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

It's just the playcalling police. Too lazy to try to understand the complexity of the game. It's the same people who want them to "go long" every single down.

3. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I told someone to please be quiet on one of our fourth downs, got glared at, then I pointed to the video screen that had "QUIET - OFFENSE AT WORK" on it. :whistle:

I am amazed at how much football knowledge and understanding was lost during the NFL's absence from Houston. I always took it for granted as an Oilers fan.

4. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

It could have been worse, you could have had the beer spilling, every play they leapt to their feet to kick you in the back of the head, dropping the F-bomb with every breath, totally incoherant buffoons I had sitting behind me :) All these plus the gripes you guys are making....luckily the friends that dropped the tickets on me had additional seating I could relocate too, otherwise I'd be in jail this morning ;)

5. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Sadly, they don't understand why they should be quiet the ENTIRE down, not just 5 second before the ball snaps.

6. thegr8fan

thegr8fan All Pro

actually I didn't agree with the 4th-1 call either. Unlike yourself though, even in 2005, I have never 'boo-ed' inside the stadium at the Texans. Guess I am an ***** for never booing, huh.

If we had showed to have even an mediocre running game at any time during the game, I would have completely agreed with THAT call. Showing that we couldn't get 2 yds in 3 tries from the 2 yd line for a TD, early in the game, was a direct reflection of our LACK of a running game. Hence that call, with intent of getting some distance out of the endzone, was a wasted call to me. And obviously gaining ONE WHOLE YD during the play, showed it was a wasted call. The very next play, from our 4 yd line, only netted 19 yds.

We ran very poorly yesterday and passed very well. Call the plays that are working for you. Not the ones that football logic says is a high percentage call. IMIO (in my idiotic opinion)

note to self: on this board you can in fact use the word ID-IO-T in the heading of the message. You can not however use it in the text of the message. hmmm

7. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

This isn't a big deal but does anyone have a problem when the Texans get a first down and the Reliant Stadium Anouncer hollers that's good for a Houston Texans ..... then the crowd hollers First Down? Seems like Schaub has a hard time getting the call in from Kubes when that happens.

The only time I boo is at a bad officiating call or the opposing team.

8. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

WTF Texan fans?!!? Section 120, there was a Texan on Texan brawl.... :gun:

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

That was always fun during the 2-14 season...ok, not so much really.

I thought it was funny during our hurry up offense and we got a first down. The announcer said it really fast, almost like he was one of those auction guys.

10. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

Try this middle school age girl who has season tickets behind us for each game. She has this scream that has dogs barking for miles. She absolutely loves Kris Brown, so she had plenty of times to cut loose Sunday. I've never heard anyone hit the notes she hits. My ears are ringing. Then, she talks incessintly when not screaming. Ignorant comments in the loud, shrill voice. I looked back once and her father was not there and she still was talking.

I tried to get the car keys from my husband at one point, because I was afraid he was going to get arrested and I wanted to be able to get home. She jumped down to the empty seat beside him and was jumping up and down screaming in his ear.

My husband got invited to the Titan's game by another company, so we are looking for an enforcer to come with us as our guest to the game. Maybe a teammate from my son's HS football team.

We are loud in the right places and I don't mind noise, but I will be looking to trade my tickets to another location next year.

11. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

I sat down in my parents seats this time and across the aisle theres this giant troll of a lady that screeches nonstop for the entire game. KUBIAAAAAC (but with smokers lung sound.)

No wonder my dad was so quick to volunteer to sit in the end zone...

12. Texan_Bill

I laughed at that too.....

13. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Chitown Frog

The guys deserved it..lol..:bat:

kidding..was at home with child celebrating our anniversary by watching football

Texan Asylum likes this.
  14. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I don't totally disagree with your take, but remember that the Fins still had Timeouts. If we throw on 1st down, and it's incomplete, the Dolphins may have called a TO, and tried to get the ball back. OTOH, when they ran and Miami did not call for the TO, then I would have liked a little more urgency to get the play off unless they truly did intend to run the clock down and go for the OT period. All in all, I was glad Kubes decided to grow a pair and go for it, but you are right in that clock management still seems to be a bugaboo.

15. imatexan

imatexan Hall of Fame

Stop complaining about the Fans!!! Every other NFL team has the same problems. I have heard this soo many times, we are not idiots its just how it goes. It really is not that bad, get over it!

16. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

Perhaps we need to do a "buddy" program. Pair up one off-the-street Texans fan with one Colts fan.

You guys sound like a bunch of hardcore music fans pooping on the scourge that is commercial rock. I LOVE IT!

Hopefully a couple years of success will make for a more stable and intelligent fan base, turning the bandwagoners into "true" fans...as true as you can get in a fair-weather sports town like Houston. We need to bring the Football Fan back to Houston.

17. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Then all those fans are idiots too

18. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The purpose of the deleted word in the posts is to cut down on personal attacks...once I deleted that word people generally cut way back on mindlessly calling each other an i d i o t. This word isn't worth banning otherwise. Also, I didn't ban the word idiots....you can type it with a S at the end. People don't generally run around calling a person an idiots.

19. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

Also folks...consider this sad thought:

Maybe some of these new fans are ex-Cowboy fans. And we all know how these folks are barely able to leave the house without a helmet, let alone know how to act during a football game. Please be kind...take them under your wing and train them properly.

:heart: :texflag: :heart:

20. Texan_Bill

Probably, but not as much as the full three rows of Finz fans sitting at the top of my section.. Of course, I got penalized 15 yards for 'taunting'.

BY the way, congrats on your anniversary!!