Texan Defense is DAMN Good!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by dalemurphy, Nov 8, 2009.

1. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I'm incredibly frustrated with the result. I thought Schaub, the Oline, the playcalling were all bad. I thought the referees were ridiculous. All of that has been and will be talked about. However.........

Man, the defense was awesome!! You wouldn't know they were playing well listenning to Solomon Wilcox but they were excellent. Manning was frustrated. The WRs were sore. They had no running game. NObody can convert on these guys when it's short yardage. I just couldn't be happier with the play of the defense. By the way, Dallas Clark is a pansy! He slid down in the middle of the field to avoid contact at least 5 times... pretty embarrassing for a 250 lb TE!

RTP2110, Brando and MeLoveTexans like this.
  2. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Our defense was the only reason this wasn't one of those 42-10 beat downs from years past. They come to play (I exempt Dunta Robinson from any compliment I give this team. He's stealing 9 million dollars while trying not to get hurt out there and it's starting to show).

MeLoveTexans and Brando like this.
  3. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

People laughed at me a month ago when I said they were improving.

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

But but but.......they're the "same ole texans" :rolleyes:

Sorry, but a young defense will take you places....we're building a squad that's starting to have a nasty streak and a swagger and Cushing has ALOT to do with that (this kid better be DROY).

Lock up DeMeco, sign Pollard, and let these young corners (Quinn) grow.......however give Dunta his walking papers and tell him to take his broken ass game down the road. He is not a good starting corner anymore.

This team just needs a center and a power running game to compliment their clutch receiving weapons and then all these close losses will start going our way.

MeLoveTexans and Cjeremy635 like this.
  5. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I'm sorry.....:)

You were right and I'm sorry.

6. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Well, Thanks.....I'm wrong many times also... I was dead wrong about Matt getting hurt by midseason. Cross my fingers in the next half.....

7. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

it was a bend but don't break today

8. mariowillshine15

mariowillshine15 Hall of Fame

Antonio Smith is really starting to impress. He collapsed the pocket a few times and had a strip sack. The guy is making the plays to earn that big payday he got.

9. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

(While I don't agree it was just "bend, but don't break") against INDY, that's damn good defense... How many defenses do you see "manhandle" them? You hold them to 20 points and force timely T.O.'s (especially when your offense keeps you on the field the entire 1st half) and you did a hell of a job.

Wolf likes this.
  10. jppaul

jppaul Cut and Dry

It was very impressive once we got our bearings, those first couple drives they really had an element of surprise that had us back on our heels.

I have an absolute man crush on this defense, we just crunch people all over the field, it is spectacular.

Even Wilson was getting in the act, it was a penalty but whatever, and Pollard was just laying the wood all over the field.

I think I am going to change Pollard's name from bone crusher to captain crunch

11. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

At Indy is probably the toughest place in the NFL to play football because of their offense and the speed of the defense, especially those two DEs. I thought we'd have to win the turnover battle, dominate on special teams, and run the ball well to have a decent shot at the game. I didn't realize how good this defense has become. We lost the turnover battle, played poorly on special teams, were handcuffed by horrible officiating and some bad luck, and still should've been in OT.

The reality is that the organization has spent the past 3 seasons trying to upgrade the defensive talent and athleticism. Much fewer draft picks and dollars have been spent on offense. It's a good offense but is missing some pieces to be great. More energy will be put into upgrading the offense this off-season. Cheer up. No team in the NFL goes into Indy with a good chance to win. Since the defense got healthy and got on the same page, we've lost two heartbreakers at Arizona and at Indy... I think we'll take care of business versus Tennessee and I think they will steamroll Indy the week after.

12. buddyboy

buddyboy All Pro

Might not belong in here per se, but here's an interesting tidbit from the ESPN recap on the Indy-Houston game:

Don't we lead the league or something in forcing three-and-outs???

13. AnthonyE

AnthonyE Lurker

Maybe a rare three and out for indy.

14. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

For the first time in franchise history i'm confident this defense is a genuinely GOOD defense. We've still got our warts sure, but we can actually stop the run (who would've thought we could say this after the first 3 games?), we can pressure the QB, and every so often we can defend the pass AND force turnovers!!!

I cant wait for the day when I can say that "insert unit here" plays at a high level for the whole game much less our whole team. When we can say that, AJ will be lifting the Lombardi trophy over his head.

MeLoveTexans likes this.
  15. Fox

Fox All Pro

Loving the additions of A. Smith, Cushing, Quin, and particularly Pollard. Those guys don't mess around.

16. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

I was following the Colts board as the game was going on, and one guy
    said this is the most "PHYSICAL" Texans team he's ever seen. Our defense
    figures an offense out in 2 or 3 series, and our offense struggles for an
    entire half. The offense is the achilles heel of this team now, whereas last
    year, it was the Defense.

17. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

Dale, glad you are looking at positive side of the Texans while dealing difficult and frustrated time with the result. I too liked what I saw from our D. Without our D, we could easily blown out from the game.

I am very dispointed and frustrated like many of guys here. Since we are already frustrated from the game, I do not wish to bring too much of negative feeling to this board. So, I am glad to see a thread that is looking at positive side of the Texans. Thank you.

Go Texans!!!

18. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

Did you guys hear Demeco taunting Peyton at the line of scrimmage on
    the 3rd and a Million play? I like that from our defense. The Texans will
    be fine.

19. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

let check the archives and count the idiots who wanted to break out the pink soap avatars over Frank Bush.

I think double digits is a fair bet.

Brando likes this.
  20. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

Demeco was screamin before the snap on 3rd and a million:

"GET IT RIGHT, PEYTON!! GET IT RIGHT, PEYTON!!