Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Terrell Suggs loves him some Houston

Did anyone else catch this on NFLN tonight?

In the "4 downs" segment on Total Access Suggs asked where his favorite city was of an opposing team. He chose Houston citing its good food and calling it a great city.

Front office, please call this guy's agent!

Ive always felt the only place that rivals our food is New York City, and ive been to alot of places....

I dont even order mexican food outside of Texas....

oh, and ya, of course id love to get suggs, I didnt even see the piece and the guy might now be my favorite active non Texan.....

Ive always felt the only place that rivals our food is New York City, and ive been to alot of places....

I've lived a LOT of places and while I love the food here, I can think of lots of places where I've had food at least as good as I've had here.

Roy's in Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii is simply amazing. This is now a chain and there's a great one in Dallas.

The Italian food in northeastern PA is amazing. There was a little family restaurant called Villa Rosa in Yardley that had the best Italian I'd ever had... until I actually went to Italy. There are restaurants in Venice, Florence, and Rome that can kill you because the food is so good. Far Niente in Glendale, CA, is another great Italian restaurant.

There was a great restaurant called Green Park Brasserie in Bath, England, that simply rawks.

The best Chinese I've had was the Slippery Shrimp at a little restuarant in Chinatown in LA... that I cannot remember the name of. The best Hot & Sour soup was a place called Shangri-La in Chandler, AZ.

New Orleans has some excellent restaurants.

The Key Lime Pie in the Florida Keys kills.

And you can find good Mexican food outside of Texas. Especially in some parts of Mexico. And after a lot of searching I did find some edible Mexican food in Arizona... and maybe ONE place in California. But it took a lot of searching and eating a lot of bad food.

The food does rock in Texas. I gain about 8 pounds every time I move back here.

*ahem*, In my best John McClain voice: "Suggs would never go to a 4-3 team because he is a 3-4 linebacker....mumble, grumble, *cough*, have you seen my latest movie role playing a washed up NFL beat writer"?

nice...

Suggs is an edge rusher. All you need to do is put him on the edge and let him get after the QB. You do that in any system....

Or if you want a 'professional' opinion I also do impersonations....

*ahem*, In my best John McClain voice: "Suggs would never go to a 4-3 team because he is a 3-4 linebacker....mumble, grumble, *cough*, have you seen my latest movie role playing a washed up NFL beat writer"?

You need to add in some wheezing and heavy breathing.

Everytime I hear McClain, it sounds to me like the guy just got done running a marathon.

oh, and ya, of course id love to get suggs, I didnt even see the piece and the guy might now be my favorite active non Texan.....

I wouldn't put any city up there with Houston as far as food goes. Our restaurants in my opinion are 2nd to none. WOuldn't trade them for another city's assortment ever.

I wouldn't put any city up there with Houston as far as food goes. Our restaurants in my opinion are 2nd to none. WOuldn't trade them for another city's assortment ever.

I have family that loves coming here and trying new restaurants. BTW, Benjy's was off the hook this weekend. They have great food.

I have family that loves coming here and trying new restaurants. BTW, Benjy's was off the hook this weekend. They have great food.

What is Benji's?

Has anyone been to Del Frisco's Steak house at the Galleria? Best steak house in town in my opinion. I like it even better than the Strip house.

What is Benji's?

Has anyone been to Del Frisco's Steak house at the Galleria? Best steak house in town in my opinion. I like it even better than the Strip house.

Del Frisco's is great. I went to the one in Fort Worth before we even had one in Houston.

Benjy's is in Rice Village and I think they just opened up a place in the Heights off of Washington Ave. The have like an American/Texan/Asian fusion artsy thing going on. Their food is really good though. Trendy kind of place too.

There are tons of good places to eat out here though. Pesce, Shade, Backstreet Cafe, Dolce Vita, Ra Sushi, Hobbit Cafe, Mark's fine dining, too many to name!!!!!!

I took my wife to eat at McCormick and Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in the Houston Pavilions for Valentine's Day. Everything we tried tasted great, and the service was excellent.

Del Frisco's is great. I went to the one in Fort Worth before we even had one in Houston.

Benjy's is in Rice Village and I think they just opened up a place in the Heights off of Washington Ave. The have like an American/Texan/Asian fusion artsy thing going on. Their food is really good though. Trendy kind of place too.

There are tons of good places to eat out here though. Pesce, Shade, Backstreet Cafe, Dolce Vita, Ra Sushi, Hobbit Cafe, Mark's fine dining, too many to name!!!!!!

I just had Benjys for my birthday this past Friday the 13th!Great place..in Rice Village. Although the one on Washington is larger and looks like it has more room. Great food.

Houston has more restaurants per capita than almost all cities in the US and we have some great ones! Backstreet used to be my date place before heading for wine at La Carafe:)

As far as Steak places....Pappas Steakhouse is by far the best. I've had friends who used to argue Vic and Anthonys, Strip House, etc, etc and they all have come around that the best steak in town is Pappas. In fact that used to be my Birthday place. The New York Strip is tops there...no filet.

Franchise tag..no good!

So this is pretty much going to make Bart Scott available huh?

I'm very hesitant about Scott. He has played very well for the Ravens, but so did Adalius Thomas. I believe it has more to do with the system than the player. Not saying he isn't good, but if we threw down the checkbook for him we might come away disappointed.

Scott and Lewis could be tied up if they so wish. They had $19 mil in cap room before McCallister was released and before they tagged Suggs, but Suggs number won't be extremely high.

EDIT: nevermind Suggs number will be around $10 mil this year, but point is they have space to fill.

I just had Benjys for my birthday this past Friday the 13th!Great place..in Rice Village. Although the one on Washington is larger and looks like it has more room. Great food.

Houston has more restaurants per capita than almost all cities in the US and we have some great ones! Backstreet used to be my date place before heading for wine at La Carafe:)

As far as Steak places....Pappas Steakhouse is by far the best. I've had friends who used to argue Vic and Anthonys, Strip House, etc, etc and they all have come around that the best steak in town is Pappas. In fact that used to be my Birthday place. The New York Strip is tops there...no filet.

Franchise tag..no good!

Try out Shade in the Heights, they have some great food and it was pretty reasonable.

And guys, Mark's American Cuisine is hands down the best place to take a date. It's a little expensive, but the menu and atmosphere are one of a kind. Or you can just go with McDonald's like TB!:spit:

Last edited:
Try out Shade in the Heights, they have some great food and it was pretty reasonable.

And guys, Mark's American Cuisine is hands down the best place to take a date. It's a little expensive, but the menu and atmosphere are one of a kind. Or you can just go with McDonald's like TB!:spit:

I've been to Shade multiple times. In fact when I moved outside the Heights in 2005, I discovered it for many friends. Great place and great little bar too. Just be careful with your car. My sister in law had her car busted into on the street while they are there.

I've been to Shade multiple times. In fact when I moved outside the Heights in 2005, I discovered it for many friends. Great place and great little bar too. Just be careful with your car. My sister in law had her car busted into on the street while they are there.

BTW, my sister and a couple of friends just opened up a bar near Washington Ave., on TC Jester called The Usual. They have a lot of beers that you won't find in many pubs and always have drink specials. It is a cool little hang out and has done well for it's first month. They alse have tv's for the games and karaoke on Saturday night. Cool little place.

Whatever works man!

"I'll throw a burger down her throat, 'cause it doesn't mean anything, spin her around the dance floor and then treat the princess like a plastic **** doll"

BTW, my sister and a couple of friends just opened up a bar near Washington Ave., on TC Jester called The Usual. They have a lot of beers that you won't find in many pubs and always have drink specials. It is a cool little hang out and has done well for it's first month. They alse have tv's for the games and karaoke on Saturday night. Cool little place.

Thanks for the update. I'm off of Ella and 43rd area so the whole Heights ( 19th and 11th/Washington/TC Jester) is where we eat dinner alot. Of course with a wife, child and one on the way most of our family outs are Mexican like Tonys on Ella, El Tiempo, Collinas on 19th, Berryhill on 11th, Raia's Italian Market(new off of Washington).....and nicer places we find for date nights including maybe a drink at Max's Wine Dive(great grub), it is nice to know of new places too where maybe I can get out for drinks. I still meet my buds for Friday happy hour or wings and beer but it is usually midtown. I'll have to check it out. Thanks again.:toast2:

Thanks for the update. I'm off of Ella and 43rd area so the whole Heights ( 19th and 11th/Washington/TC Jester) is where we eat dinner alot. Of course with a wife, child and one on the way most of our family outs are Mexican like Tonys on Ella, El Tiempo, Collinas on 19th, Berryhill on 11th, Raia's Italian Market(new off of Washington).....and nicer places we find for date nights including maybe a drink at Max's Wine Dive(great grub), it is nice to know of new places too where maybe I can get out for drinks. I still meet my buds for Friday happy hour or wings and beer but it is usually midtown. I'll have to check it out. Thanks again.:toast2:

No prob. They have done a great job over there. I suggest that everyone go there and try a beer that they have probably never heard of before.

Do they have outside seating and if so do they allow dogs? Big weekend consideration for us.

Do they have outside seating and if so do they allow dogs? Big weekend consideration for us.

Here is the website and I can't tell...unless I'm missing something....but here is some pub for Shaft's sister's place. I like the beer list. I've just started recently trying some new stuff besides the regular stuff out there and my fave Mexican beers. I drink alot more wine than beer lately but besides downing many domestics with my wings I am like to have just a couple of something different here and there.

Friend of mine confirmed that he has been there and the patio for Spring and Summer is almost complete.

http://www.theusualpub.com/

Last edited:

They do have an outside area. Right now it's like 6 or so picnic tables and some gravel. They will be building a deck after awhile. I don't know about animals though.

Here is the website and I can't tell...unless I'm missing something....but here is some pub for Shaft's sister's place. I like the beer list. I've just started recently trying some new stuff besides the regular stuff out there and my fave Mexican beers. I drink alot more wine than beer lately but besides downing many domestics with my wings I am like to have just a couple of something different here and there.

Friend of mine confirmed that he has been there and the patio for Spring and Summer is almost complete.

http://www.theusualpub.com/

Thanks frog. Let me know if and when you try it out. I didn't even know that they built a website.

Back