Terrell Owens of the Dallas Cowboys to Jessica Simpson: Back off our quarterback

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Hagar, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Awesome! Dallas is about to implode.

3. SA Texan

SA Texan Veteran

Goooo Jessica!

4. adam

adam Guero

Back off my man!

That's only slightly homoerotic.

5. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

Sounded like a joke to me. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Romo hasn't taken a lot of ribbing about his performance when his girlfriend was in attendance. Now of course the ultra sensitive would be offended. Hopefully a football player has thicker skin. Personally, I hope that he was putting too much pressure on himself to impress his woman, than having a Kurt Warner type of injury. I didn't feel offended when a friend told me to back away from the roulette table because he seemed to have bad luck when I showed up. No problem, I would never want to be the one to slow his roll.

6. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

Hey, lets start a fund to buy tickets for Jessica for the rest of the Cowgirls games. Dread, are you in?

7. StarStruck

Romo only has one free pass. From this point forward, he better scramble, pass and act more like Mario Williams is behind him than Jessica in the stadium.

8. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

I know I have homeristic tendecies but you take it above and beyond the cal of duty.

Ribbing in the locker room is one thing, but to say that on the air and say the entire clubhouse is no fan of hers at this point is just being an ASS.

9. StarStruck

If one chooses to be offended, then so be it. I expect more Texans fans to see this in a negative light than Romo. Look for reasons to hate long enough and you will find some, served TO style.

T.O.'s advice to Romo
    6:46 PM Wed, Dec 19, 2007 | Permalink
    Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
    For those folks tired of girly gossip, breathe easy. This post has nothing to do with Jessica Simpson.

T.O. said this morning that he'd advise Tony Romo to sit out Saturday if his bruised right thumb needs the rest.

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ahon/stories/121707dnspomacmahon.2bab5c1.html

"Be smart and realize that with the guys we have in this locker room, I feel like we can go into Carolina with Brad [Johnson] and win," T.O. said. "If it takes him to sit out a week to rest that thing, then I would really encourage that."

10. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

11. StarStruck

lol

12. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

Look for reasons to be a fan long enough.........j/k.

13. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Wasn't Romo supposed to be a mess this year because of the fumbled snap?That's what I thought.:cowboy1: I doubt this causes any problems.

14. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

Normally I would be...but I think she gets in free.

15. StarStruck

16. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

Dare I dream that T.O.'s Dallas Honeymoon is over? Did the REAL T.O Finally show up? Somehow I knew he would. The only other receiver in the NFL whom I find more entertaining than this muff-hugga is Chad Johnson...but then "Ocho-Cinco" is just plain entertaining. :user:

17. StarStruck

That opinion would change if Ocho-Cinco were to wear the Star.:)

18. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

Maybe Jessica could wear a lovely pink #81 to the next Cowboys game. :woot2

19. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

(ahem) Despite my IMMEASURABLE (and in my opinion JUSTIFIED) rancor of the Dallas Cowboy organization. I would never imply that I didn't respect them OR some of the fine individuals who play for them. I respect any team that could win 4 superbowls. I know you're about to correct me and remind the that they won five, but that last one where Neil O'Donnel dedicated the 4th quarter of the MOST important game of his career to throwing to guys in white jerseys was a GIFT. O'Donnel knows it, Larry Brown knows it, Emmit, Troy, Michael and even the caretaker coach SWITZER knows it.
    I think Landry was one of the greatest coaches in the history of football. Bob Lilly, Randy White, Roger "The Dodger" Staubach, Tony Dorsette, Ed "Too tall" Jones, Emmerson Walls, Golden Richards and Danny White have my eternal respect. But that doesn't mean that I LIKE the muff-huggas!
    I think most receivers are a type of vermin just below sewer rats and divorce attorneys. They are loudmouthed braggarts who GENERALLY deserve the vicious collisions they get when going across the middle...BUT as receivers go I respect T.O. He's far from overrated. He IS as good as many say he is and will make it into the hall of fame without question. I still find the man as entertaining as he ever was, but I kind of wish that were playing for another team AND would stop shooting himself in the foot before he runs out of toes.
    I respect T.O. a thousand times more than I would EVER respect Michael Irvin because:

1. T.O. has never been arrested.
    2. He's yet to violate the NFL's substance abuse policy
    3. unlike Irvin's b-yatch @ss he earns his receptions by burning DBs rather than using Irvin's pattented "push off." It's easy to be one of the top receivers when you're constantly committing offensive pass interference and getting away with it.

Yes I would respect Chad Johnson if he were a Cowboy, I just wouldn't like him. T.O.'s only fault is that he doesn't know when to zip it. I hope I didn't offend you with my opinion, but bear in mind it is simpy my opinion.:user:

20. StarStruck

I like Mike! Even prayed for him back in the day when he was acting a plum fool, but even then could see the diamond in the rough. I recall when Emmitt and Dione began appearing on TBN, along with a few other Cowboys, and I thought if only they could get to Michael. In due time he appeared on Christian broadcasting as one of the most humble and repentent individuals that I have seen.

It's unfortunate the Mike caused a lot of pain to himself, family and team before maturing, yet he doesn't shy away from acknowledging his past and the price paid (look up, stand up, and never give up).

Many people talk about how great things were when Tom Landry was coach, a man that most hold fond memories as a gentleman above most. However, he had his share of characters too, so the Johnson/Switzer days were not the beginning of interesting people within the organization. I also remember reading about a couple of parties that Dorsett hosted that had some interesting results.

Neal O'Donnell is special, our honorary MVP. He will always have a special place in Boys fans heart. Switzer will also always be special as well, but it goes back to the days when he coached at OU. Dante Jones mom told an intersting story about his sense of humor while still coaching at OU. Oh, whatever happened to Larry Brown, as well as Alvin Harper? Oh, but New England wouldn't have won their 1st superbowl without the benefit of the tuck rule.

I do think that some of the challenges that TO has had going back to the days of the 49ers and Eagles probably clouded the fact that TO is a comedian, and much of what he says and does is pure comedy. Aside from that though, he has a work ethic that is second to none.