Terrell Owens blames media for portrayal

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by axman40, Jul 17, 2006.

1. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

Terrell Owens blames the media for portraying him as a selfish player, although he admits a tendency of saying things about others that he wouldn't want said about himself.

In an interview with Bryant Gumbel airing Tuesday night on HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel," Owens acknowledges dishing out more criticism than he's willing to take.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060718...MpI2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

:baby:

2. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

What a punk!

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I admit it, I was a selfish, locker-room killing, scumbag, BUT THEY PROTRAYED ME!!! :tease:

4. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

what a punk i wish this topic would just die but TO is trying to promote his book, i saw him on kimmel tonight.

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Anybody that buys a book written by Terrell Owens is an idiot. :rolleyes:

6. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Hey, shutup!!!....lol, just kidding. I doubt that book sells many copies compared to other athletes...all though all this controversy could stir up the purchases.

7. Hutch13

Hutch13 List of demands

Well i was listening to 790 kbme espn radio and they said that it is doing horrible, theres a poker book that sold more than TO's book.

8. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

I saw a huge stack of the things at Sams. Didn't look like there was any kind of dent in the pile.

9. bigtex77

bigtex77 Veteran

You guys have no idea how bad I would like to see Dunta light TO's ***** up when we play them. He is truly a piece of crap. :ok:

10. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I agree, that jackass doesn't even deserve his name to be on this MB, much less anywhere else. Gawd, now I'm pissed that I even read his name.:crying:

11. Stampede

Stampede Veteran

Ha Ha, T.O. isnt worth the energy it takes to get mad. Why bother? Last time I checked he wasnt putting any food on my table.

12. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

For those who still think that TO has changed.[The Eureka Reporter]:

He is the most selfish athlete to ever walk the face of the earth, and remember this is an earth that houses some clown called Ryan Leaf.

He has ditched his teammates everywhere he has gone, as well as alienating coaches and players who publicly supported him, and he has acted as a cancer on good teams that go downhill after he joins them and always are worse off after his stay than they were at the start.

Way to go Cowboys!

And are you guys really stupid enough to believe he’s not going to be a distraction at some point this year (he arguably already is), and that he will cost a Super Bowl-contending team a shot at a championship?

Well, I suppose Cowboy fans have been living in denial for the past decade, so what’s another year?

And this week was just another sign of what they can expect with T.O. on board.

He joined the team saying everything was going to be different and that all his problems were behind him, and how the Cowboys were great and wonderful and they were all going to live happily ever after.

And then we heard how Bill Parcells would keep him in line, and how T.O. would benefit from having an experienced, pass-happy quarterback like Drew Bledsoe.

Yeah, right.

This week was the first indication that nothing has changed with T.O. and that nothing will be different this time around.

Why? Because T.O. is the most self-centered athlete on the planet, and that will never change, and because of that, he will continue to be a distraction on any sideline.

Seriously, how do you think T.O. is going to react when an inconsistent Bledsoe has his inevitable inconsistent streak next season?

And how do you think T.O. will react when the Cowboys inevitably lose a game or five in the toughest division in all of pro sports right now?

And how do you think T.O. will react when he inevitably realizes he will not be the centerpiece of a Bill Parcells run-first-at-all-costs mentality no matter what childish tantrums he throws on the sideline of an important game?

And how do you think Bill Parcells will eventually react?

He’ll cut him quicker than the Thanksgiving turkey they won’t get to share together, and when all is said and done, T.O. wouldn’t have it any other way.

After all, that would put him squarely back in the spotlight once again, where all the media will be eyeing his every move.

I just hope those mean people don’t portray him as being selfish, the poor guy.

For the rest of the article: a must read

13. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro

Owens is going to be nice to the team but just wait til the middle of the season when he turns into "me, me, me"

14. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Men from the boys...... that's what T.O. does.. he seperates men from boys. punks don't play football, and primadonnas shoudn't for very long either.

As my first witness, I'd like to call San Francisco to the bench.......

Does anyone believe the '49ers were on the way to the SuperBowl when T.O. was Terrell?? when he was barely a thought on that team with Jerry Rice.
    How good were they doing when they moved into the Jeff Garcia..... Steve Mariucci years??
    The Mooch is the most overated coach ever........... ever. & it was Terrell who tried to tell him to do something about his QB...... what did Mooch do?? he ignored him... took the QBs side.... what was poor T.O. to do??

Then...... there's philly........ McNabb....... I'm telling you the problem is McNabb. As long as they keep thinking T.O. was the problem, they are going to spin into oblivion for years to come....... just like SanFrancisco is still trying to figure out what their problem is, after they've ended up letting Mooch and Garcia go....... both who've gone on to ruin other teams......

They could've got rid of them two years ago, and still have one of the top three recievers in the game.

Philly........ I'm telling you it's like this. Either Andy Reid gets mad, at Donavon, and put him in his place, or the Eagles will be looking up at the Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants for years to come.

15. Steersnqueers

Steersnqueers Rookie

hes a moron.. I hope he finally grows up and gives the team he's with a legit shot without the added drama.. Just play TO.. just play!

16. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

How many crayons come with T.O.'s book??

17. flylikeaneagle

flylikeaneagle Veteran

a person who misquotes himself in his own book. LOL! The guy is a tool.

18. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

jealous?

19. flylikeaneagle

flylikeaneagle Veteran

Jealous that I do not have my own book? Hell yeah.

powerfuldragon likes this.
  20. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I don't know, man....four consecutive NFC Championship games and a Superbowl appearance...I wouldn't mind having those stats with our QB.

The problems you mentioned with TO's previous teams might very well have merit. But, there is a mature way to deal with these situations, and TO has never taken the high road to accomplish his agendas.

We shall see how he reacts in Dallas.