Terrel Owens ?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by LongBignasty1, Mar 16, 2006.

1. LongBignasty1

LongBignasty1 Veteran

Would you try to go after T.O. or would you be content to let him go to Dallas and watch Dallas become the Texas superpower?

I want T.O., even if he is a timebomb( you can alway's cut him), and i think he was only acting childish due to his contract situation.

2. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

I'll take him but only with a boatload of "conduct detremental to the team" language in the contract ...

3. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

No way, he is poison to any team. It is very sad given his talent level is so freakin' unbelievable.

4. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Ixnay on the drama queenay !!!

5. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I WANT Dallas take him!

The quicker they take TO, the quicker they suffer a team meltdown. And watching the Cowboys flounder is one of my favorite pasttimes! :D

Dude is a cancer wherever he goes. He proved it in San Fran, and confirmed it in Philly. In his mind, he is bigger than the team. And in football, that is a recipe for disaster, no matter how much talent a player possesses.

6. humbleone

humbleone Veteran

Just say "NO" to "TO". No room for selfish individualist in the ultimate "team" sport. :brickwall

7. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

Sounds like a PSA:

Just say "NO" to [​IMG]

8. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

Why in the world would anyone consider this nut case? He destroys everything around him.

Why not go after Keyshawn Johnson instead?:redtowel:

9. LongBignasty1

LongBignasty1 Veteran

Go after Grandpa johnson? get real!

10. David's Busted Carr

David's Busted Carr Veteran

Please keep TO and MeShawn away from our team. They are both cancer. And neither of them would come here anyway. They both are sore losers and wouldn't come to a losing team.

11. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

I hate to say it but I would take him.

His contact would be about a mile long with all the incentives both "behavioral" and "performanced" based. I think TO is childish but I think even he understands how important this next season is to his career and to his life. He is going to be an angel next year. After next year who knows.

QB - Carr
    RB - Bush & Davis
    WR - TO, AJ, Mathis, Armstrong
    New TE or maybe even Bennie.
    Revamped O-Line
    New coaching staff

That would have me VERY excited for the new season. I think adding TO and Bush would lead to AJ having a MONSTER year for us.

But alas this is only a pipe dream. No way Kubiak in his first year of being a head coach takes this on. Wait.....unless they make TO, Mike Sherrman's personal responsibility....hmmm I think that might work.

BTW: Injuries were by far the #1 reason for the Meltdown in Philly. TO didn't help either.

WAKE UP FOLKS. GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE. ---------------> we went 2-14 last year. Drastic times call for drastic measures.

GO TEXANS!!

12. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

Obviously, the pressure of four losing seasons in a row is just too much for some folks. It's obvious you've gone mad, and need to seek a psychological counseling!

Please step away from the keyboard.

:crazy:

13. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

I beleive our staff already said they would never take T.O. because of what happened in philadelphia.

14. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

I think at this point in time Terrell Owens would be a great and VERY needed addition to our team. Is it a risk? Sure. But what the hell do we have to risk? We were 2-14!! We have a horrible receiving corps at the moment. And here is the MOST IMPORTANT part of the equation. If we do not improve our WR corps, if Carr continues to suck next year, we will have to hear 'Wah Wah, David didnt have enough receivers. He needs a chance to succeed'.

Do we really want to hear that? So far we have heard every excuse in the book and if we go into the season with our current WR corps it will be the worst our recievers have been since Year One.

Owens is a smart move. He brings buzz and excitement and drama to the team. We have yet to make a splash in this league, and for some reason I think adding Bush and Owens would change all of that.

Monday Night Football 2006 - Texans v. Eagles (I bet TO would get 4 TDs in that game) oh and if you Cowboys haters really want to punk the Cowboys, get on board with signing this guy because if he goes to the Cowboys expect the Cowboys to win by 40 points in a blowout in Texas Stadium next year. You sign TO and we win and punk Jones again. TO blows up againstthe Cowboys and that is a fact.

If we were close to the Super Bowl I dont think you make the deal, but what the hell do we have to lose? really?

Call me crazy but with TO at WR and the addition of Bush at RB i think 10-6 AND playoffs is a possibility. Without TO at WR i think 2-14 is a distinct possibility.

doug from the woodlands

15. El Amigo Invisible

El Amigo Invisible All Pro

Could Kubes control TO (I mean Princess)??

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

T.O. Wants to play football, and he wants to win. He never had a problem with Steve Young.........

His problems started When Bill Walsh, Carmen Policy, and Steve Mariuchi started their little power struggle, Which led to Jeff Garcia...... who wasn't a problem with T.O. when they were winning. Talent level around T.O. started divebombing, Jeff showed he was a one year wonder, Policy was fighting with the 49ers, then it was Mooch and Walsh...... no one was interested in winning........ no one but T.O. he was frustrated, and dealt with the situation by opening his mouth, one thing led to another, badda bing, badda boom, Carmon Policy, Mooch, and Jeff Garcia go on to cause more Havok than T.O. has, but he gets the blame.

He Goes to Philly, their winning, he found his soul mate, one year and a blown superbowl later, he realizes what the problem is.... the QB/Coach relationship. Donovan is a really good QB. When he's on, he is on. But being the QB, when he screws up, it really, really hurts the team. But nobody tells him he screwed up. Nobody tries to correct his problems. They pat him on the back, and say, "We'll get them next year Tiger"

It's the same thing that's happening in Houston, so T.O. won't be a good fit here. It's the same thing with Dante in Minnesota, with Tice. Instead of Tice doing his job, he let Chris Carter & Randy Moss chew Donovan out on the sidelines. It's the same thing with Aaron Brooks......."Well, you did your best" The QB is the leader on the field, the Coach has to have the QB in check...

That crap in Indy, with Peyton sending the kicking team off the field......... You watch, Indy's going to struggle, and nobody will be able to figure out why.

17. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

With Keyshawn you get the primadonna mentality and attitude WITHOUT the otherworldy talent and off the field dedication that Owens has exhibited his whole career. I dont have a problem with prima donna's (jordan was one, clemens is one, ARod is one) but you have to have the game to justify dealing with a prima donna. Owens has more game and ability than Keyshawn could ever dream of.

Owens would also bring some credibility to the team in that we are trying to win and not just field a team of choirboys and 'yes men'.

Doug from The Woodlands

18. jgite

jgite Rookie

I say we bring him in. Whats the worst that can happen? Will he make DC cry? You can't complain about playmakers and offensive weapons if he is lining up opposite of AJ. I don't even think AJ would complain. He would probably go back to his pro-bowl numbers with T.O. We were 2-14, ain't no where to go but up.;)

19. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

I think the key here is that "A.J. won't complain". I know A.J. is mild mannered, polite, etc... but how long can he be underutilized until he gets super pissed.

Bringing in T.O. is a risk, but let's face it, he is the top WR on the market, period. He isn't Moss, who takes plays off. I sincerely believes that T.O. wants to win... if we gave him the contract that he wants, would he be happy financially, Yes. Will he likely find something else to gripe about? Yes.
    Would Carr throw for 25 TDs? Likely.

At least the guy shows passion on the field... give the guy credit for being a competitor... Did you see footage of the bench last year... looked like someone shot Toro.

20. LongBignasty1

LongBignasty1 Veteran

Exactly my point about T.O. David Carr, who i believe is overated, would have no excuse as to his playing ability and for that matter neither would all the Carr supporter's. A.J. and T.O. on opposite side's of the field? David Carr, Reggie Bush and D.D. in the backfield? Would you want you're team to play Houston with that talent? Hell no, because you would have to outscore us to beat us. Period. Next year solidify the D through free agency and draft and see where we can take this franchise. just my thought's