Tedy Bruschi Retires

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by HOU-TEX, Aug 31, 2009.

1. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. It kinda makes me think he was informed he was eventually going to be cut so he elected to retire instead.

I've never been a fan of the Pats, but Bruschi always seemed to be a nice guy. Nice story coming back from his mild stroke.

Good luck

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=149452

2. indiantexan

indiantexan Veteran

IIRC, during Spygate, I read an interview of an ex-Patriots employee who said that Brady and Vrabel were the most approachable/friendly guys on the team and Bruschi was the biggest dick

3. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Allrightythen.

4. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

2nd hand internet info from an unnamed source. Why even post it. True or not I'm glad he's getting out with his health.

drewmar74 likes this.
  5. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Most players are "dicks" in their own way. ALL OF THEM!!! Let me give you an example. I drove to Kansas City to see our TEXANS play in a meaningless preseason game, sat through a monsoon, endured nasty stares and comments from KC fans as I was DETERMINED to make my way to the corner where our boys would be exiting the field, which I accomplished. I didn't want an autograph, a pic, NOTHING other than maybe a little smile or hand wave from at least ONE of our team members. I wanted them to know that I cared enough about my team to do what I did. What I got was NOTHING! Not a nod, a smile, a wave, nada, nada, nada!! A complete kiss off by my entire team, managers, coaches, even the water boy I guess! I would have been happy with ONE little old eye to eye contact, but, what I got was a F-U attitude!

I do want to say this though. Kris Brown and Matt Schaub made the weekend worth it, as far as meeting players go. Kris made it possible for my family to see the team as they were getting ready to depart for the airport. He was WONDERFUL, and I'll never forget his gracious effort to help my family. He also got Matt Schaub to come over so I could get a pic of him with my grandson's. My thanks to both!! The rest of the team didn't even look our way.

Just venting a little! I understand why players put up a shield and stay distanced from fans. BUT, for the price we pay to see them play football, they don't need to be such "dicks!!" JMO!!

6. indiantexan

indiantexan Veteran

OK I was wrong about Vrabel. Looks like he is an asshole too. Here is the source.

http://pregame.com/forums/blogs/tom...t-day-as-a-new-england-patriot.aspx?gn=376875

Some choice quotes

7. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I have thought for a long time that Bruschi has been an overrated player but I definitely respect him for his attitude on the field and the intensity in which he approached the game.

The guy was a warrior.

8. indiantexan

indiantexan Veteran

9. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

All cool. I'm no Bruschi fan except to say I've always enjoyed watching him play. Other than that I really have no opinion of him. As far as the article goes I have no reason to believe this guy just because he said this. My opinion of the integrity sports journalism is very low these days so all I was saying was 'so what.' I will say I've never heard this before, but that isn't really a shocker either. Could be true, might not be, I really don't care.

10. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

I'm not buying that. That is one source and like many people say, you can find out that someone is an A Hole from someone out there. Everyone isn't going to be liked by everyone. Bruschi always seemed to be loved and respected by his team mates. The guy played his ass off and always seemed like a leader to me.