Tebowmania takes Broncos into First Place

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by MojoMan, Dec 4, 2011.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

Tebow and the Broncos win again, climbing into first place in the AFC West in the process.

The Broncos are now 6-1 with Tebow as the starting quarterback.

Sooner or later, the doubters are going to learn their lesson.

2. Doppelganger

Doppelganger None

Tebow has a LONG way to go. He is having a great season, but he has to do this over multiple seasons before we know how succesful he can be.

Remember Mr. Wunderlic's first year? He was running all over the place passing poorly and the line his fans used was "he just wins." Fast forward a couple of years and suddenly Mr. Wunderlic was not nearly as good as people thought.

Broncos are 6-1 now, let's see how he does after a couple of years.

3. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Next case....Vince Young.

4. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

I like Tebow and I hope he succeeds and does well. I will definitely be rooting for him (unless he faces the Texans). However, I think he will struggle against the elite teams in the NFL. I think Detroit showed some of that, and I would have predicted a blow-out loss for them next week if the Chicago offense wasn't in such disarray. It will still be a tough game for Tebow next week against that Chicago defense.

5. ziggy29

ziggy29 Hall of Fame

True. but anyone who thinks the Texans have a QB problem haven't seen something called "Caleb Hanie" playing QB for Da Bears in the last two weeks. And Forte is hurt. The Broncos could win that game with 10 points.

6. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

Which is why I made the comment about the Chicago offense being in disarray.

7. ziggy29

ziggy29 Hall of Fame

Agreed -- I'd just add that in this case, "in disarray" is an understatement...

JCTexan likes this.
  8. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

9. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Funny ... no one in this country outside of SE Texas knows the Texans are 9-3 because of the Tebowmania. [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Tebow is trolling the NFL. I freakin love it!

kwayshauntay likes this.
  11. kwayshauntay

kwayshauntay Veteran

By all indications, Tebow has character, humility, and work ethic, three things that give him a good chance to keep improving and shore up his weaknesses over time.

Can you say the same about Vince? I'm honestly asking, as I don't keep up with Vince.

12. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

13. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

I really like watching Tebow, he's so unpredictable and just finds ways to win. Would love to see the Texans get a first round bye and host the Broncos at home for the playoffs.

14. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

And then crush him.

15. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Why is nobody talking about Willis McGahee finding the fountain of youth and running for multiple 100 yard games? That has just as much to do with Tebowmania as Tebow does.

16. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

:lol:

17. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Hall of Fame

It's the Tebow-power raising McGahee from the dead and infusing him with new life. It's the Tebow-power rallying the defense. It's the Tebow power getting the special teams to be more special.

He's a leader. It's what he does. He makes everyone around him better. Including the coaches.

He just wins.

18. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

I hate to potentially derail the thread, but I had a thought Sunday while watching his post game interview and wanted to share it.

His first statement went something like, "I just want to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ..........."

this is where he loses me, it seems to me a misuse of religion to credit Jesus for a win in football. Now I can see praying for no injuries, but the concept that Jesus cares about football is beyond me.

The Pencil Neck likes this.
  19. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

Tebow is thanking God for granting him extraordinary favor and blessing, not only in terms of his God-given talent, but also in terms of the beneficial results, which certainly cannot be attributed solely to Tim Tebow by any means.

And it is only through Jesus Christ, who was God in the flesh, that Tim Tebow has access to God and a personal relationship with God at all. That is why he is thanking Jesus specifically here.

If you reject those beliefs, I am not here to dispute any of this with you. But this is where Tim Tebow is coming from here.

20. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

Unless there is more to the quote, I think he is just thanking God, Jesus or whoever, for his abilities, not winnning a specific game, something tons of athletes not named Tebow do. I think this gets confused a lot and leads to a lot of the anti-Tebow sentiment.

:twocents:

I will say that while I think he has a lot to improve on, it is ridiculous how he gets criticized AND praised. That Defense is playing awesome as well us McGahee. But I can't deny the kid is just friggin winning and he should be given his due.

I wonder how bad Merril Hodge beat his kids for Tebow winning another game :thinking:

Hodge is turning himself into someone I can't even take seriously the way he just vehemently hates Tebow. You can almost see the spittle on his mouth and his hands shaking he is so pissed lol.