Tebow Wins Heisman

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by kastofsna, Dec 9, 2007.

1. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

congrats to him. well-deserved.

2. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

seems too clean, too perfect to be true :shades:

3. SA Texan

SA Texan Veteran

Not saying that he didn't deserve it, but I was kind of shocked since he's only a sophmore. Does anyone think he can win two?

4. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

yeah all of the guys who got jobed the last fifty years.... got punked by a systems guy. Too rich. More of indictment of the qulity of the sports reporting industry than it is an endorement of little Timmy. What was the line in Bull Durham ? A pale comprison from all of the those old pros in the past. Ranks right up there with Spureir.

Goldensilence likes this.
  5. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Seriously, this award has turned into which QB has the most impressive stats.

Even Tuberville said "If everytime you get inside the 5 you get the ball, you are probably going to score 20 rushing touchdowns."

They should just give the trophy to Urban Meyer.

6. Sideline

Sideline Hall of Fame

Well deserved, Personally wanted Colt Brennan to win it, but he was never really in the race with the slightly less demanding schedule they have at Hawaii.

7. SA Texan

SA Texan Veteran

I was pulling for him too, but like you said their schedule, plus the voters not getting the chance to watch him play as much, pretty much doomed his chances.

8. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

This year has sucked. OSU in the title game and Tebow winning the Heisman. While the year as great the ending has left me with such a bitter taste in my mouth.Might have been statistically the most impressive but IMO not the BEST player in College football.

9. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Anyone think he could possibly win three? He shouldnt leave early, and he isnt gonna get worse.

10. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

he definitely will be favored the next three years, and UF is only going to get better. MUCH better. i have them favored to win the next two title games, so i can certainly see him winning a few more Heismans, why not?

of course the voters won't just give him multiple Heismans for nothing. he'll have to get better, and that's a pretty tall order to say the least

11. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

As the talent around Tebow grows he will be asked to do less.

He will get better as a player, but I dont think we will see 50 TDs from him again.

The voters will not give it to him again unless Florida is in the NC game and Tebow has far & away the best stats in the country.

12. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

The guy can get pumped as much the media wants but he'll have to earn it. I just still get the feeling here while statistically it's impressive what he did this year the voters honestly were looking for someone to run away with the award all season. No one did so by default they had to give it to him IMO. Statistically the most impressive but I still believe the BEST player in college football this year was between Chase Daniel and Reesing.

As for favored to win the next two titled games...I'd say they're going to be in the mix but they're going to have to grind it out in the SEC. LSU isn't going anywhere and Georgia is going to be a year older and better.

13. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

If Stafford continues to grow then he & Moreno will be a powerful duo.

14. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Georgia has some top notch freshman coming in this year as well. Some guys who could be instant impact guys. They have a WR in particular that should help Stafford look like a much better QB.

15. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

I was rooting for McFadden i thought he was the more valuable guy to his team, but i can't say that Tebow didn't deserve either.

16. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I'm with you. I felt bad for him after being second last year.

Here are some Tim Tebow Chuck Norris quotes from ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colu...9274&sportCat=nfl&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

When Google can't find something, it asks Tebow for help ...

What color is Tebow's blood? Trick question. Tebow does not bleed ...

Tebow ordered a Big Mac at Burger King -- and got one.

When it rains in the Swamp, Tim Tebow doesn't get wet. The rain gets Tim Tebow'd