Team tells LenDale not to run so they can draft him

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by dhaNim, Apr 4, 2006.

1. dhaNim

dhaNim Rookie

Thats pretty crazy and a little funny after all the negative publicity he has been getting since his pro day.

2. 4th&inches

4th&inches Rookie

yeah i read this also...just want to know who it was that told him not to run

3. Frank_The_Tank

Frank_The_Tank Veteran

Sounds like a hog wash, the media will write anything to cause a dramma. The guy was probably just out of shape.

4. dhaNim

dhaNim Rookie

no i think the team or teams have told him not to run from now on, not to 'not run' at the pro day. i think this conversation between them took place after the pro day.

5. TreWardTxn

TreWardTxn Veteran

Why the hell would he want his draft stock to slip so he can get picked later, and be paid less. If anything, he would bust his ***, make the team reach to get him, and then take 'em to the cleaners before he ever even stepped on an NFL field.

Even if they did tell him not to run, I'm sure they didn't say, 'become a sloppy cow, who will barely be in football shape by the time camp starts,' I'm positive they didn't send out that back channel message

I can't believe I responded to this thread...

6. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

Some people like winning as opposed to a larger paycheck. Would you take (insert a large player's name contract) but have to live through not winning more then 3 games for the duration of the contract?

7. CoastalTexan

CoastalTexan Veteran

Most likely the steelers, didn't someone say that he was talking to them the whole time at his proday? They also have a late 1st round pick.

8. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

You can only assume that teams in the higher rounds will keep on winning, seeing as that's how they got that draft pick in the first place. With all the parity in the league, a team drafting in the mid 20s could probably fall within the top 10 just in one year.

9. Texan in Japan

Texan in Japan All Pro

Would this be considered some form of tampering?

10. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

so he can go to a better team.

11. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

That really ticks me off. :wacko: We should just take Lendale White with the first pick. That'll show 'em. :ok:

12. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

the conversation went something like this:

Unnamed NFL Team: OK Lendale, here's what you do. Refuse to run. Refuse to work out. Even refuse to take off your jumpsuit. We want you to appear unmotivated and out of shape so you'll be on the board when we pick.

Lendale: hmmmmm OK ... but won't that cost me a lot of money?

Unnamed NFL Team: Money? Don't you realize you'll be playing for an established team and have a better chance of making it to the post season?

Lendale: Ohhhhhh OK ..... sounds like a plan ..... Anyone for Chinese?

13. bad

bad Veteran

Yes, out of shape.

And also an idiot, for if there were ever a time to be in shape, it was last Sunday. Everyone else on his team seemed to get that memo.

Still, I imagine he'll be picked in the first round because he's a hoss.

14. Huge

Huge Hall of Fame

Winning's not guaranteed in this league. In 2003, the Raiders used the 31st pick on Nnamdi Asomugha after losing the Super Bowl to Tampa Bay. Asomugha probably thought he was going into a sweet deal. Oakland's gone 13-35 since then.

As the top overall pick, I'm sure Carson Palmer was dreading all the future losing seasons ahead of him. So why did he agree to such a large contract extension with the team? Because they were able to turn things around perhaps?

15. Keldar

Keldar Veteran

Ok, I can figure this one out.....

Hmmmm, let's see....who was voted the fattest city in America this year? Oh, that would be Chicago.

Got it!!

16. Tale Gator

Tale Gator ________

This kind of stuff happens all the time -- spreading false info about how someone looked, acted, etc [Lendale Whale needed a bra his boobs were so big] so they will slip down in the draft.

I mean a scout gets a blurb in KFFL and it sets off a wildfire of barbs here at the Texan's BBS -- funny stuff, but is it really fair....

17. Keldar

Keldar Veteran

I think by all tangible evidence, the guy show up looking like a weak Pillsbury doughboy. Reggie Bush smoked him in the bench press, and Reggie is supposed to be the quick and agile portion of the duo.

I dunno.....it just smacks of poor work ethic.

18. MikeMc

MikeMc All Pro

It was most likely the Panthers....they want him BAD. BTW, no way it was the Steelers, they know that the Panthers will select him if he is still there.

19. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Am I the only one wondering about steiroids right about now? :tomato:

20. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

This has made me question his character.....

then again it makes me question teh character of the teams telling him to sit out and make himself look like a lazy piker:challenge