Team Boycott - Who's With?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by ALIVE287, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALIVE287

ALIVE287 Rookie

Since the team has alledgley said according to ESPN.com that it will take Bush anyway instead of Houston born Vince Young, I say we all begin a petition, boycott, or some kind of Fire Casserly March (much like the Millen Man March of Detroit) on Reliant Park to let our voices heard.....This is not a UT thing, its a Houston thing. We're the HOUSTON TEXANS for crying out loud people! The franchise was on a 4 year plan. It hasn't worked from the start. From the Boselli decision to Capers to the Buchanan decision to Babin to Carr. Nobody has lived up to their part of the bargain. I say we keep Dunta, Dre, Norris, Mathis, DD, and Morency and start completely new. Casserly must go and someone needs to get McNair a clue cause this team has been a laughing stock. Vince is the next coming of Hakeem, Nolan, the Rocket, Earl, and other Houston greats. It's a sin pure and simple if we don't take one of our own after the greatest college performance ever and one of the most dominating college seasons ever (and yes, he deserved the Heisman, all the Reggie supporters WERE WRONG). Reggie can't run in between the tackles and he'll be exposed in the NFL. Let's take this team back before McNair sets us back another 4 years. Who's with? Vince Young or Bust. Cause if we don't take him then we really are the Houston Texans only in name.

bigcarlos likes this.
  2. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Shouldnt this be on the UT board :P

Im a Texans fan.. I root for the hometown TEAM..not the hometown player.

3. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

march on Reliant stadium with pitchforks and torches ....

4. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Agreed, lets only draft and sign players from Houston. After all, if we don't, we would be lying to people about our name. I mean who are the Colts and the Jaguars fooling? They have a bunch of humans on their team, not Colts and Jaguars.

swtbound07 likes this.
  5. BradK10

BradK10 Hall of Fame

God someone shoot me please

6. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I am not even going to read this post, but if you really want to boycott have fun, see you on the bandwagon in the future. These posts are to the point of being funny, it's going to be a looooooooooooooong offseason...

7. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

Hakeem isn't a hometown boy. He is from Africa.

Houston fell in love with him in College because he was a winner. Just like Houston will fall in love with who ever makes us winners.

On an emotional level I want Vince Young. But I am not sold it is the logical decision.

8. ALIVE287

ALIVE287 Rookie

Besides drafting Dre and Dunta, name any good decisions this franchise has made. Casserly should not have a job.

9. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer All Pro

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Did someone actually say something ;)

Jerek, I like your avatar.

10. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Domanick Davis :)

Firing the coaching staff

Hiring Kubiak (I hope)

Jerome Mathis

there are others but i gotta take the trash out :)

11. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

I will be absolutely heartbroken if the Texans don't take Young, but I'm not going to boycott them.

I do have a threshold, though. I left the Oilers when they traded Moon - the last straw when I already wasn't happy with them. So I'm not loyal to the end.

But for now, if we draft Bush, I will be sad, but I'll still be back in my nosebleed section next year. But I'm really starting to wonder if Casserly has something against Longhorns.

12. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

to name them would be to validate your post ..... that in itself would be a bad decision

13. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

oops..hehe

14. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

fantastic post

15. Texanfan4ever

Texanfan4ever All Pro

Hey Jerek, I'll sign YOUR petition. Are these people serious!!!! Give it a rest! There is light at the end of the tunnel with all the interviews, etc.etc.... and it feels good right now that it can be fixed. And to all the Carr haters, he will be here and doing great long after you all have gone on to some other team. You know what they say about the door........All fair weathers know where it is......

16. ALIVE287

ALIVE287 Rookie

All of you have no answers. It's the blind leading the blind. The status quo is not working. We're gonna take Reggie. Still have no line. Carr will still suck. And it will be another 4 losing seasons. Thanks for coming out.

17. LCOOL

LCOOL Rookie

CC is a joke period, and I felt that way before all the talk about RB and Vy, CC is going to probably spend all this energy on RB, and forgot about the rest of the draft, CC should have fired along with Capers!

18. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

Thread backfire at its best.

19. Cheap_Sunglasses

Cheap_Sunglasses Rookie

I could make a comment about the Browns, but I'll take the high road.

Like most people in the area, after the Rose Bowl, I was convinced that VY could be this franchise's savior. I was ready to send Carr on a bus to Dallas, and pre-order a #10 jersey.

But, as the hysteria fades away, and I think about it more, Bush really does seem to be the most logical choice for the franchise at this point.

Have I been disappointed in Carr's performance so far? Absolutely, he gets a lot of verbal abuse at my place on Sundays. But, I would LOVE to see him become the great QB analysts always claim he can be.

While it will suck to see Vince in a Titans jersey, I think the team's chances at success are much better with a Carr-Johnson-Bush-Davis offense. Led by Kubuiak. :D

20. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

You knew the cottboys would come calling. No boycott coming from this Texan. You will see senseless drivel, long dialogue, emotional diatribes concocted with facts, myths, prejudices, wants, needs and outright stupidity. But we are united by a common bond and that is our desire to have a playoff team. I hope I am wrong in every which way in how I think we need to amend our current situation if we begin to win. And I am sure most feel the same way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.