Talking Heads Grade Texans Draft

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, May 1, 2012.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Texans get Bs, Cs in 2012 draft gradesPosted by Nick Scurfield on April 30, 2012

2. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

Cause salary cap. Even if we don't sign Myers, we couldn't afford to offer more than 7-8 million this year. Would have had to give Foster the RFA tender, and hope he doesn't get signed elsewhere. Then offer all that extra money to Mario this year and more down the road. I'm sure the Texans would love to have Mario back, but he wasn't worth the cost. Foster+Myers > Mario

3. Quick II Draw

Quick II Draw Veteran

You can go ahead and discount all credibility when the guy says, "why didn't they just re-sign mario?"

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Cole must think this is Madden .....

5. DownByContact

DownByContact Homer

Well if we actually did re-sign Mario, we would need to use our first on a center or RB, since we could have lost foster and/or myers. So his logic of freeing up the first round pick for another need becomes pointless.

6. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

These are the grades you want.

If you're not in the top 3 picks & you're getting A's from the likes of Kiper et al, you didn't do your own work and you drafted some busts.

Drafting is one thing, but coaching them up & putting them in position to succeed counts for a lot. You just hope you got guys who will put in the constant work necessary, putting that over everything else.

7. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

Same as it ever was.

8. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

Yahoo Sports proves once again that they should not be taken seriously.

9. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

CBS Sports (Rob Rang): C
    Analysis: “With a talented group of linebackers already in the fold, it was a surprise to some that the Texans elected to add another pass rusher in Illinois’ Whitney Mercilus in the first round but considering his production and upside, he may have been simply too good to ignore at No. 26. Some veteran talent evaluators thought he was limited to remaining as a 4-3 defensive end. Frankly, this wasn’t Houston’s only head-scratcher. There were better receivers still on the board for the Texans when they instead selected Devier Posey and Keshawn Martin in the second and fourth rounds, respectively. On the other hand, the Texans may wind up with steals in guard Brandon Brooks in the third and versatile, high-effort defensive lineman Jared Crick in the fourth.”

Seriously Rang? Draft just happened last week and can't recall where we drafted Posey? Did Rang graded Posey as second round pick or third round pick? I really don't care how these guys think but just get the story right since they get pay to write these crap.

In Wade We Trust!!!

Go Texans!!!

10. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    Question...

Every "draft grader", as well as the knowledgeable draft followers here are saying what a great pick Brandon Brooks in the third was. I'm probably wrong but I don't recall having seen his name mentioned in all the pre-draft threads here, or really anywhere for that matter.

My question being since he's being lauded as such a great pick, and apparently that's the consensus, why wasn't he even invited to the combine.

Inquiring minds and all that...

11. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

How do these people have jobs?

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Hell if I know .... Many of us who post here have better writing skills and are much more accurate.

Im still tryin to figure out why the Crapical keeps McLaim around. His sources moved to Hillbilly Holler .... and they only keep Anna Megan around for her looks , definately not anything of substance , what has she contributed to the Crapical in the last year ?!

Feigen is at least decent in his coverage of the Rockets , even if its not very comprehensive.

Why is Solomon still on their payroll ?

Houston has to be the worst major city in America when it comes to sports coverage.

13. drunkcookie

drunkcookie 2 drunk 2 cook

I'm really not trying to be a smartass here, but: because we read it...

I myself haven't read much of the draft grade stuff, but a lot of people like to read what these guys are saying about their team... These guys really don't need to put forth that much effort... Just give a grade, make sure their facts are straight, then collect a check...

14. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

No one understand why he wasn't invited to the Combine. One of the guys here on TT mocked him to us.

CBS Draft Scout had him ranked as a 2nd round talent and the 4th best guard in the draft. WalterFootball had him as the 6th best guard (but they had Cordy Glenn as a guard instead of a tackle) and they had him going in the 2-4th round.

He was not an unknown quantity. He was a known, quality guy.

15. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

#fact

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

That would be Yaky. Hell of a call that deep in the draft.

17. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Yaky called Mondek, the 6th rounder. I believe a couple guys were on the Brooks train, but the name coming to my mind the quickest is steelb.

18. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

I don't read it. If it wasn't posted here I would never bother seeking their opinion out.

19. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I don't know. I gave the Texans a B myself, can I get paid for that now? :lol:

20. sbalderrama

sbalderrama Rookie

you'd think these guys would do a modicum of homework and at least vaguely understand a teams cap and free agent issues before commenting on why they draft like they did.