Talk Smack about Mario more often..

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Koolaid Time, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

Maybe all the garbage printed in the "Comical" and smack ranted on Houston Sports Radio about Mario this week inspired him to Kick A and take names tonight.....

The guy has been playing great all night. I hope we will be seeing more of this in the future..

2. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Or he is on the left side, and he is better suited for that.

3. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

Maybw that as well.. But the radio says he is all over the place tonight.

4. Fox

Fox All Pro

He played well. He put pressure on the QB, stood up against the run, showed some speed of the edge... I liked his performance. I also saw him get pushed to the ground on occasion, but he's not going to look like a stud every play. Every player has some good plays and some bad plays, if you just nit pick on his bad plays you're going to develop a pretty bad and biased impression. What he needs is experience and good coaching to reduce the bad plays and make him more consistent.

I thought he looked real good as our LE as well, he's more natural there IMO.

quicksilver likes this.
  5. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

he should've had about 3 sacks this game. Showed good pressure and played with alot more effort today. I say we should keep him on the left and let Babin play on the right.

quicksilver likes this.
  6. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

than what with Weaver?

Inside with Okoye?

7. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Right now, that looks like the right mix. Mario seems much more comfortable on the left side and he seems to plays pretty darn well there.

8. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

My only knock is he needs to tackle better, he left about 3 sacks out on the field, and both he missed by just inches....eh at least the pressure and intensity was there, definitely looked like a different guy though and much improved.

9. HotRodsHair

HotRodsHair The Newbie

One thing Mario should be given credit for is his effort chasing plays. He is in on tons of tackles away from his side and is often one of the first guys to the ball five or ten yards beyond the line. One one play in particular during the last Dallas drive of the first half I watched him speed rush five yards behind Romo only to catch the receiver of a five yard pass at the point of the tackle moments later. He has incredible speed.

And am I mistaken, or did Okoye get a sack on the last play of the first half?

10. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

Okoye pressured Romo but he evaded him, Anderson finished Romo and got the credit.

I thought Mario should've got half a sack on the sack from Orr.

11. Busa_Bill

Busa_Bill Rookie

Mario = much improved. No question he was giving it 100% tonight.

Wish he would have taken a good shot at Romo when he fumbled instead of slinging him to the ground. I want to see him take somebody's head off!

12. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Got back from Reliant..............Mario looked much better with pressure, but was always going wide outside. He was playing both right and left end almost equally and as usual looked a little stronger against the run which came to that side or center. While on the left side he was using his hands like a cat pawing ultra fast at some hanging catnip. this almost slapping motion was performed against the left tackle's chest..............what's with that maneuver?.........All-in-all, there was some fire detectable.

13. HotRodsHair

HotRodsHair The Newbie

He, and the rest of the DL, looked very stout against the run. This could be a pretty impressive D. Stuffing the run is job 1 of any defense.

14. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Mario Williams is going to do nothing but get better . . . and better . . . and better.

Amobi Okoye is going to do nothing but get better . . . and better . . . and better.

I saw flashes tonight. As long as I continue to see those flashes, I'm happy. It's gonna be fun to watch.

15. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

just got back from the game...i am as optimistic as humanly possible right now:fans:

16. real

real Guest

Very impressed with Mario tonight...Saw some really good things from him out there...really good...

Especially on the left side...

Shaft75 likes this.
  17. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

They must have been listening to ya, xtru. ;)

18. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Player____________TKL SO AS FF FR
    M WILLIAMS________4__2__2__0_0

Turn about is fair play. Mario looked good tonight as did the rest of the team. They keep this up and I'm going to have to rethink my 8 - 8 prediction for this season.

Since Mario did so well on the left side and since Babin is having such a nice preseason, our front D-line may change to Mario, Maddox, Okoya, Babin.

19. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Travis Johnson had a heck of a game tonight, too, so you might want to find a spot in the front four for him as well.

20. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

TJ needs to stop losing his helmet though

Unless he's using it like those Xena chakram thingies