Talented Texans continue to wallow in perpetual mediocrity

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Vinny, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Damning but sadly accurate. Article from NFL.com

Second Honeymoon and Wolf like this.
  2. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Man i rdy for the jags game im tired of talking about old stuff :texans:

i think the texans fans need to go to a few more road games be a better travel team

and thoes Jags tickets are cheap 2 ....

3. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

sad but good article that shows where we are

4. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Well, we will see if the mediocrity starts from the top depending on how, McNair handles Kubiak and the off-season. if a meaningless run to 8-8, hell even 9-7 is enough for the owner, then we may know what we are dealing with long term.

5. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Getting in a New HC and new coaches isnt going to help us win any quicker IMO

6. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

MSN sports said the Texans fold up like a beach chair...ouch!

Got to play 60 minutes guys.

7. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Yeah but didn't you hear? Dunta's having a career year. That was his highlight hit of the game (He's good for one every week).

The guy's right though. The Texans are focused on all the wrong things and that's true on an organizational level as well as on the field, on the sideline, and in the stands even. The perfect game day experience at "Texans World" is the goal, not winning football. It's never been about winning football. That was always just assumed to come following the correct choice in team colors, cheerleader outfits, and enough sold PSL's.

This team is all wrong where it counts. I can't even say "that's on Gary" because he's just the result of a process that starts with Bob McNair.

I'm sorry to say it but Bob's a stooge of an owner. He's a heck of a nice guy but he's just totally worthless as an NFL owner. He's an anchor around the franchises neck. By the time this guy figures it all out he'll be dead of old age and soccer will be the most popular sport in America.

8. The Cush

The Cush All Pro

The Colts have a LEADER who KNOWS how to win in Peyton, the Patriots have that in Brady and Hoodie. This team is young and doesn't really have that, and if we don't have that in our players I feel that we need to posses that in our coach. I like Kubes sometimes but he's still inexperienced, bringing in a guy like Cowher (im not saying thats going to happen) will provide us with that Leader who knows how to win

9. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

calling out bob mcnair wow BOB has nothing 2 do with the results on the field he keeps his fingers out of the decesion making he will tell u himself hes not to savy on football knowledge

if your going to blame someone blame RIck smith and Kubes

10. ArlingtonTexan

All but the worst franchises in the NFL make the playoffs much less finish over .500 every 4 years. Teams go from awful to the playoffs in a single season regularly. The texans are on the mode of being a C minus 8-8 in 2007 to C 8-8 in 2008 to C plus in 2009, which is still a C and 8-8 for three years in league where teams go from suckitude to the playoffs every year.

11. ArlingtonTexan

At what point is the person who hires the mediocore responsible for the mediocrity?

12. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

To me, the difference is coaching. I don't think Indy is that much more talented then we are. I don't think Tennessee is that much more talented than we are. I don't think Jacksonville is more talented than we are at all. But gee, guess who's in last place in the AFC South.

There's two main parts of a team. the players on the field, and the coaches coordinating them. I don't see the Texans as a team lacking talent. The difference is coaching.

13. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Damn, I didn't know what was going on during that play.

But seeing it now...

This is embarrassing. Our players were celebrating a hit and we got burned.

I have no words.

14. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Peyton is a really SMART QB...

15. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I must admit that I was guilty of marveling at the replay of the big hit, and the next thing out of my mouth was "what in the heck happened". That was a smooth, perhaps slick quick count and delivery by Manning on that next play. I totally missed it.

16. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

well u got to hire Gm's and mcanir has a team of guys on the decison its not jut him

14 teams out of the 32 have been struggling PLayoffs 1 and done or not it is what it is

-Bills
    -Jets
    -Bengals
    -Browns
    -Texans
    -KC
    -Oakland
    Redskins
    Bears
    Lions
    tampa bay
    St louis
    San fran
    Seahawks

all have had multiple coach changes with no succuess we are in the same boat has them

17. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

He is a freaking GENIUS.

18. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

About Thursday there will be many predictions that it is practically in the bag that the Texans will finish the season 5-0. That's embracing perfection.

19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

but you just said a coaching change wouldn't change anything???

:headhurts:

The problem is there is nobody on this team that can show this team "the way".

Andre......nope, he's never been there

Schaub....nope, he hasn't even started a full season before. He's probably hitting the wall because his body doesn't even know what it's like to take all these snaps

Dunta....HELL NO!

DeMeco & Mario....nope

Hell even Mr. Texan himself Chester Pitts has never been on a winning team before.

Kubes has helped coach on winning teams, but he's never been "The guy", hell he had to run all his plays through Shanahan.

What this team needs is instant credibility. They need a guy who can walk in that locker room tomorrow and have instant credibility with every player in that locker room. A coach like Bill Cowher would provide that and if not him then someone like Holmgren. This team needs someone who can teach them what it takes to be a winner and has all the experience to show them how. If Bob McNair wants to save this team from becoming a further perennial laughing stock he needs to blow Cowher's socks off as soon as the season is over.

The saddest thing about this whole mess is you can really tell to a man, that this team desperately WANTS TO WIN......they just don't know how the **** to do it (which is the most frustrating thing about this whole entire situation), sadly Kubiak also falls into that group, which is why he needs to go and be a understudy somewhere again.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
    RTP2110 likes this.
  20. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

but you just said a coaching change wouldn't change anything???

It wont not in the short term at least