Talent Evaluation

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by HoustonFrog, Feb 3, 2006.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Ronnie Lott is on Rome right now. That guy fires me up. He was talking about Polamalu and Tatupu and guys who have that heart. He said speed isn't what matters, it is the mindset. Some guys hate losing and refuse to put it in their mindset. They don't take plays off and get complacent. He said the difference in players is the motor and who just wants to make plays. I know this is talked about but I just don't think enough is said about how much it should affect talent evaluation. That is why I think an A.J. Hawk will be a stud in the NFL no matter what knocks are on him. Guys like Zach Thomas had it. Even if this next year is rough with the changes I just want to see a team that is putting it all out there.

2. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

I agree, the intangibles are what make the greats great. Heart, Fire, Desire, Leadership, Refusing to lose, Refusing to quit, that stuff goes a long way.

3. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Yup, that is what I want to see the most with all of our picks. Guys who want to be here. I hope Kubiak brings that culture where losing is not acceptable or even a given in some games and that guys are putting it on the line. I think that was apparent in the first three years on this team..lose but still putting up the fight and the last year where guys seemed to be waiting for the inevitable.

4. travfrancis

travfrancis Veteran

i agree 100% which is why i want us to draft vince so bad

5. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Agreed, guys like Orr showed that this year, IMO. D-Rob had it.

6. CenTexNative

CenTexNative Veteran

I have to agree there. As long as a team has heart they can overcome many other things.