Take that people rooting for #1 pick!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, Dec 11, 2005.

1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Ok, so we lost. But Davis had his 2nd stellar game in a row. Ironic that the only player still trying and playing well is the one everyone wants to replace with the #1 pick in the draft.

2. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

Hell yeah take that oh i want Bush. but hell yeah i hope DD Keeps doing this it will only make us get a better draft pick ill settle for a 3rd rounder.

3. stevo3883

stevo3883 All Pro

no one wants to replace Davis!!!

argh :brickwall

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I dont think for a moment R.Bush could replace DD ...But I do think they would compliment each other very well ....:tomato:

5. NoBullTexan

NoBullTexan Veteran

Can't play Davis and Bush in the same backfield!:texflag:

6. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

yah they just want to draft someone who can take most of his carries.. thus preserving Davis and giving him a cushy job as "that other back" that takes carries when Bush isnt throwing TDs, Catching TDs, rushing for TDs, returning kicks for TDs, kicking fieldgoals, and maintaining the field in his spare time.

I personally want the #1 pick so that we can trade down and get a buttload of picks from someone who wants Bush for a good reason.

7. horn_omatic

horn_omatic Rookie

reggie bush is too light to be a 25 carry between the tackles back. he only weighs 198, for the people comparing him to LT, he weighs 225.

8. kevinjagsfan

kevinjagsfan Rookie

I agree with this. If the texans get the #1 pick, some team is going to be willing to pay a king's ransom in picks and players for it. I truly think that if this happens, the texans will be competing this time next year for a playoff spot.

9. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Signed,

Charley (Riverboat Gambler) Casserly

10. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Wow hey, you know you're right gtexan02! That's the second really kick butt game of the season for Domanick Davis! I'm impressed!

Oh wait this is week 13 and the season consists of 16 games. Scratch that.

11. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

With the brilliant cast of characters he has around him, ONE great game is amazing.

12. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I just had a brilliant idea. How about we keep Dominack Davis and draft Reggie Bush and have the best 1-2 running attack in the league. Everyone has been saying that we don't have an identity. Well with that tandem we would be one of the most dangerous running teams in the league and it would force safeties not to stay glued to Andre Johnson, which will allow him to get open and make David Carr's life a lot easier.

But I forgot. We only get 1 draft pick and there is no free agency so we have to draft a lineman, and we only are allowed 1 running back on the team so it is either Davis or Bush.

13. bigtex77

bigtex77 Veteran

As long as the Texans could work out the financial end of things, I wish we could keep DD and draft Bush. Think about it, Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson in KC, Curtis Martin and Lamont Jordan (before he was traded) in NY, and Marshall Faulk and Steven Jackson in St Louis all co-existed together. Plus I would love to see DD in the backfield and Reggie in the slot on a few plays, I think that could cause some major matchup problems for the defense.

14. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Well, we've tried Denver's blocking scheme, why not try their RB-by-committee approach as well?

It's not like our record could be much worse.

I will say this...if we get the #1 pick and DON'T trade down, then we da** well better pick Bush!

15. bigtex77

bigtex77 Veteran

I can't tell you why, but I have a really strong feeling that the Texans will really regret not drafting Bush if they don't.

16. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

Exactly..

Davis did the same thing last year: He was below average most of the season and then during the last few games he had some nice games to make the Texans think the position was okay.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

17. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

All we have to do now is add their offensive coordinator.

Kubiak + Bush = New Denver Broncos

18. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Conceivably they could but you don't use a #1 pick and $45 million to get a part-time RB. We have enough problems with some big contracts right now and could be in big cap problems in a couple years, and we don't need to tie up $70 million in two RB. If Gaffney leaves, which I couldn't especially blame him for doing, I wouldn't mind seeing Bush primarily at WR and then as 3rd down RB, but again you don't spend a #1 pick and $45 million to draft a WR, especially one that hasn't played WR before other than on a situational basis.

19. yaboycm

yaboycm Veteran

Don't want to replace him. Bush is SO versitle. Daivs good change of pace back. Bush is just someone amazing who comes along every so often you have to take him.

20. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

I know but let me guess....Brick will be able to add weight thanks to the NFL's strength program, right?

Will you guys still be hating Bush after he breaks DD's 40 into a 70 yard TD or will you still be saying how much he sucks!?