take a QB in the draft???

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by johndoe, Dec 25, 2006.

?

which round will a QB be taken???

1. wont draft a QB

20 vote(s)
    29.0%
  2. 1st

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. 2nd

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. 3rd

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  5. 4th

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  6. 6th

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. 7th

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. johndoe

johndoe Veteran

if we were to take a QBin the upcoming draft which round do yall think it will be???

dont think we will pick a qb
    1st
    2nd
    3rd
    4th
    6th
    7th

2. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

don't think we pick qb either unless t. smith miraculously falls to us in the 2nd. after that maybe kolb in third but we should probably pick fs, cb,lb,dt,ol all before qb unless someone great falls so us in a later round.

3. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

After watching that secondary get burned so much throughout the season, I'm hoping at least two of our first four picks are in the secondary. As much as I want a new QB, it would be a waste to draft one since Kubiak only carries two QBs on the roster.

4. GNTLEWOLF

GNTLEWOLF All Pro

I think we need O-line, D-backs, and RB( in that order) more than a QB. We saw Sunday that Carr is serviceable with a good o-line and running game. I just can't see drafting a QB. That position is not our greatest need.

threetoedpete likes this.
  5. Aztequila

Aztequila Rookie

No QBs, just O-line and a Running Back.

6. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

While Carr had a nice day with good protection, the horrible secondary showed that no matter the QB play, the team won't be consistent unless there are some changes at DB.

I also don't think RB is a need, not when Ron Dayne has been averaging 100 yards in the past few weeks. I saw some flashes in Taylor...he's a keeper.

7. TSgt.Texan

TSgt.Texan Rookie

Diddo except don't just give Carr the job make him earn it in training camp or bring in a Vet. i.e Garcia or Plumer.

8. J-Storm

J-Storm Veteran

As much of a Carr fan as I am, I would like to see a QB on the roster that we can groom for the near future (I took the Rd 3 option in the poll). I don't know if bringing in an old hack is the way to go, it all depends on who we could get in here before the draft I suppose. If we couldn't get a servicable (sp?) back up veteran that can push Carr, then keeping Sage on the roster to push him and bringing in someone to learn the system is my preferred option...JMO!

9. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Carr looks nice when things go according to plan. The problem is that I don't see him capable of carrying the team if the defense and rushing attack are absent for a game. Many other QB's can win shoot outs, but Carr doesn't seem one of them.

10. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I chose not to vote. I would MUCH rather see the Texans draft some DB's, OL and DL. RB in the later rounds. Has anyone heard any more about Spencer's injury? Last I heard, it MAY be career threatening due to the location of the break. I mentioned DL cuz I doubt if Payne will make it back from this latest stint on IR. When the man gets injured, he gets injured in a bad way.

11. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

I am not sure that Garcia will be an option for any team to pick up, as far as plummer i think he's a good QB but i don't see him being much better than what we got. he made the same mistakes that davey made, only difference is he had someone who could take his spot, now had Rosenfels been there for a year or two and wasn't hurt. Carr would have been out of job or became the second string.

12. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

I agree with the toast of a secondary we have we need to improve our secondary and LB spots (Except MLB). As much as I think we may need to get a new QB, we may need to look at FA this year for one. Next year look at Colt Brennan from Univ. of Hawaii.

13. TNTitan

TNTitan Veteran

just not in the first round. that wouldnt look good at all

14. MIGHTYTEX

MIGHTYTEX Veteran

I agree with this statement. As for the RB position I think if we keep Dayne we'll be set with Davis, Dayne, Lundy, Taylor if Davis comes back 100%

15. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Why? His mechanics suck and there will be more questions about them than when Carr was coming out. He is undersized as it is, and seems reluctant to stand erect in the pocket. He lacks a good arm, and seems to bend his knee's similiar to Carr when in the pocket. Carr was a MUCH better prospect coming out, but Brennan shares the same faults as Carr but is much LESS of a prospect than Carr. I'll pass.

16. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

mechanics are such a non-issue with scouts.

17. YoungTexanFan

To a point. But then you have to factor it in with other oddities such as size, conference, current offense, and other various physical abilities where he comes up short. I wouldn't take him before the 3rd this year, and I would not draft him period if I were Rick Smith. I would dangle the pick and move back.

18. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

the only real pressing concern that scouts have with him is his size, and most think he can bulk up a bit more anyway.

the conference is a non-factor, and teams have shown before that the offense a QB plays in doesn't seem to bother them much.

19. YoungTexanFan

I think you're being overly optimistic with him. He is short, undersized, has almost a side arm release, can't hit a deep out, doesn't have a great arm, and has not proven to be able to run anything other than the run and gun.

20. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I doubt he is able to look down the field in the pocket (NFL) & question his arm strength because he throws falling back & off balance alot (the ball floats too much) :shades: