Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tajh Boyd

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Bottom line both where record setting, athletic QB's for their respective schools. Wilson is just very efficient, smart & despite his lack of size the better athlete.
It also helped that he went to Seattle, he had the beast & a heck of a defense. He had to do more than Luck, but the point is I hope our rookie QB gets as much help.

TexansFTW

Veteran
It also helped that he went to Seattle, he had the beast & a heck of a defense. He had to do more than Luck, but the point is I hope our rookie QB gets as much help.
Is this a typo? I won't go into detail on this thread because this isn't the place if that's what you meant to say, but it will be better for me going forward gauging your posts if I see them.

"He had to do more than Luck"

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Really well-spoken, interesting young man, but...

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
Packers scout not alone in feeling Tajh Boyd/Clemson undraftable. Another league insider told me they would not use a draft pick on the QB.

Blake

MMQB
Tajh Boyd has been running Chad Morris' hurry up "spread offense" philosophy that he learned from Gus Malzahn.

While coming from a spread offense raises red flags, as well as his double digit interceptions each year, Boyd is a well rounded QB. I feel he does everything well. Nothing great and nothing poor.

I think if he can have time to acclimate himself to the NFL he can be our QB of the future. He will need to work on scanning the entire field and throwing open a receiver.

If you take Boyd, it is with the understanding that he needs time to learn. He is not going to be able to come in and play right away like Russell Wilson. So a QB plan B will be needed for the 2014 season.

I still think a 2nd or 3rd round pick would be well spent.

Blake

MMQB
With whispers of Boyd dropping in the draft (which I think is silly) I am really excited about drafting him. I mocked him to us in the 2nd. No way I wait further than 3rd to grab him. Let him sit for a season and learn thus allowing us to grab BPA round 1 and 2.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
With whispers of Boyd dropping in the draft (which I think is silly) I am really excited about drafting him. I mocked him to us in the 2nd. No way I wait further than 3rd to grab him. Let him sit for a season and learn thus allowing us to grab BPA round 1 and 2.
Well there is almost zero chance the Texans wait 'til rounds 3+ to address QB so you can kiss that goodbye.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Well there is almost zero chance the Texans wait 'til rounds 3+ to address QB so you can kiss that goodbye.
I thought it was a good idea for when the Redskins traded up to get RG3, then used a 4th (I think) to grab Cousins as a developmental "just in case"

If the Texans take a sure thing like Bridgewater 1-1, I doubt we'll do anything like that, but if they take a chance on a Manziel/Bortles guy, or a Mettenberger/Garoppolo in the 2nd, I can see them taking Boyd or Lynch in the later rounds.

bah007

Hall of Fame
I thought it was a good idea for when the Redskins traded up to get RG3, then used a 4th (I think) to grab Cousins as a developmental "just in case"

If the Texans take a sure thing like Bridgewater 1-1, I doubt we'll do anything like that, but if they take a chance on a Manziel/Bortles guy, or a Mettenberger/Garoppolo in the 2nd, I can see them taking Boyd or Lynch in the later rounds.
Bortles in the 1st and Murray in the 5th wouldn't be bad. It's not like Murray wouldn't immediately be the second best QB on the roster. He can battle Keenum and Yates is gone.

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Tajh Boyd Scouting Report: NFL Outlook for Clemson QB
Positives
Negatives
NFL Comparison: Jake Locker, QB, Tennessee Titans

Collegiate Statistics
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/480221/tajh-boyd

Personal Notes

Graduated December 2013 with a degree in sociology.
Second-Team All-ACC 2013.
Permanent team co-captain 2013.
ACC Player of the Year 2012.
First-Team All-ACC 2012.
First-Team All-ACC 2011.
ACC Academic Honor Roll 2011.
Redshirted 2009.

Overall

An experienced and highly decorated three-year starter, Boyd has been a visible figure in college football since his sophomore season. His combination of mobility, toughness and arm strength helped him to lead Clemson to a record of 32-8 over the past three years. While his production was prolific at the college level, erratic accuracy and trouble reading defenses could contribute to a rocky transition at the next level. He will require some development before he is thrust on the field in the NFL and projects as a backup in the short term.

Draft Projection: Fifth Round