Tailgaters are encouraged to get in there seats for Kickoff

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by No More 8-8's, Aug 27, 2010.

1. No More 8-8's

No More 8-8's Veteran

2. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

people are gonna do what they are gonna do, I just wished everybody would realize what a benefit it is for our boys to have the fans in their seats and cheering them on from the opening bell.

3. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

Well we do have the #1 tailgating in the NFL what do you expect!

4. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

we go through this every year & people do the same crap so....at this point..

5. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Problem is if you don't head in at 11 you don't make kickoff and people don't realize that.

6. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

Understand that it takes time to get everything set up and out there... By the time that is done, and you are in full tailgating mode, it is close to 11 then and people don't want to start putting things up that soon..That's why we roll about 11:15 and we make it with aobut 5-10 minutes to spare.

7. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I kinda look at it as foreplay! A good time to get all worked up for the big bang!!;)

Truthfully, it's as much a part of the WHOLE gameday experience as the game itself. My adrenalin starts pumping overtime as soon as I enter the gates of Reliant! That first blast of COLD air is pure heaven!! By the time I grab up my $6 coke and make my way to my seat, I am like the energizer bunny, ready to GOOOOO!!! Having a few minutes to visit with fellow seat mates I have known for 8 yrs, seeing our boys down on that field in last minute warmups, watching the smiles on faces of fellow Texan fans, having a little good natured fun teasing opposing teams fans, is all part of the FUN of football!! NO WAY IN HELL will I miss seeing our boys run onto that field and calling out their names!! It's just all part of my day of football, and I will not miss it!!

BE THERE!! It really is as much fun as tailgating!!!!:wherewill:shetexan:

8. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Veteran

I like the horn idea...hopefully it'll get people IN to Reliant!
    We pack up and ehad in 35-40 minutes before kick-off, plenty of time to buy a round of cold Buds and hit the restroom, be in our seats for player intros and the great Texans Video!

It worked over here for Mac Brown so I'll use it too.

COME EARLY.
    WEAR BLUE or Red or WHITE.
    BE LOUD.
    STAY LATE!

9. False Start

False Start On # 69

They could play the sound of a cow mooing, but that might attract too many Titans fans thinking its their wives calling them.

BIG TORO and RTP2110 like this.
  10. JWarren14

JWarren14 Beer Me

Sometimes we get carried away at the Tailgate, but that is part of the Game Day experience.

They should open the gates to the lots the day before, guaranteed people will camp out and be ready for a noon kickoff. Then again most of us would probably oversleep.

I do my best to get there at kickoff, love the intro, but sometimes that cold beer on the hot asphalt makes time go by too fast and before you know it you have to walk a mile to get to your seats.

The horn should help a little. Just can't wait for tomorrow.

11. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

I guess we are lucky. We have several people who stay at our bus and watch the game so we only have to pack up some of the stuff. We usually start at 11:15 and are in by 11:45

12. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

[rant in E minor]

I hate to break it to the franchise and RJ*, but only great teams feed off of the energy created by the fans. The key is great team first, then fan energy providing additional boost second. Great fans cannot make a bad or mediocre team better. Trust me, we've tried and left too many 3rd and longs converted by the opposing teams on the field. My peeps and I have lost our voices too many times to count at Reliant in losing games. And by "peeps", I mean tens of thousands of fellow Texans fans.

I completely understand what the franchise wants, but my take is that the fan paid for the ticket, it's their decision to get there when they feel like it. Give the fan a product that you want to be in your seat for kickoff and never leave and the fan will respond accordingly.

I was always there for every kickoff and never left before 0:00. But, that's just me. I don't lead or follow examples.

What??? Does this dude even understand the concept of tailgating? Who is going to eat that mass-produced crap over great tailgating food? Besides, getting heartburn and acid indigestion in the third quarter doesn't enhance anyone's enjoyment of NFL football. You know what does enhance it? WINNING.

Don't flame me for speaking the truth. :howdy: "truth" being a relative term, of course

*actually I don't hate it...funny that he brings up fish sticks, too! He's a gay fish...

[/rant in E minor]

JB likes this.
  13. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Great post DB!

14. False Start

False Start On # 69

I read that crap, apparently, we all sit around and ***** about Obama? Why the hell did he even have to include that? I guess its his inner "OOOH LOOK AT ME" coming out. :slap:

Gay Fish

15. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

It might help getting fans in earlier if they'd cut out the lame ass pat down they do. That thing is a total waste of time.

They don't do it anywhere else. The Astros have 81 home games and they don't pat anyone down. Yeah, you still gotta check bags, but there is no pat down. I don't get why the Texans waste their time and ours doing this.

16. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

We got a semi-pat down in NOLA

17. False Start

False Start On # 69

Of course you did, it was New Orleans. [​IMG]

18. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

That's just it. If it was an actually pat down, I might understand, but it's more of them just waving their arms around you, barely even touching you, and it's useless. Does nothing but cause a huge traffic jam at the gate.

19. Texas T

Texas T Hall of Fame

I think that it has something to do with the NFL.
    They do the lame pat downs at the Eagles games too.

20. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Bravo on this entire post! :kingkong: