Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Tailgate traditions/Activities?

dskillz

Waterboy
With the season approaching soon, I was wondering what does everyone else do at their tailgates. Of course in the Yellow Lot we have the Shotgun30 boys who put on a hell of a party every week. Especially when Miller was giving away that truck with the awesome sound system. I see people playing pouch toss, and playing such. But what does everyone else do? Anything out of the ordinary?

Well, once I get to the lot and get unloaded......

Sometimes I grab a screwdriver before starting my 12oz curls.

:shots:

Our only traditions are try to get there early and eat a lot. :D

Any new Texans flags on the market? I try to get a new one for the collection every year (which made last year's season ticket gifts really nice).

We tried to start a shot tradition. Making a specific shot at the tailgate and everyone at the tailgate take it before we go into the stadium. That didn't last too long as so many people only drink beer or are scared of shots.

I think that this season our group needs to establish some kind of tradition. Maybe streaking before every game. :shades:

We tried to start a shot tradition. Making a specific shot at the tailgate and everyone at the tailgate take it before we go into the stadium. That didn't last too long as so many people only drink beer or are scared of shots.

Try Jello shots. I find they are easier on the stomack.

Please, just leave out the streaking....
Thanks!!

Signed,
All Texans fans not in your tailgate group...

:spy:

Shots...jello or otherwise...are hell on you when you do all the shot guns. I personally stay away from anything other than beer at the tailgates. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten home from the games only to struggle to remember all the details about the game.

I have slowed my consumption allot. Its rare now that I do all the shotguns...and I'm the guy that calls the Shotgun to order!

Have your group start doing the Haka at 11:15 just before the last Shotgun. Do a Shotgun and walk in!

Haka Trojan Style

Sounds like a plan to me. Go for it! :doot:

Shots...jello or otherwise...are hell on you when you do all the shot guns. I personally stay away from anything other than beer at the tailgates. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten home from the games only to struggle to remember all the details about the game.

I have slowed my consumption allot. Its rare now that I do all the shotguns...and I'm the guy that calls the Shotgun to order!

I remember my first tailgate and I came across the shotgun30. I was young and stupid then and did every single one except the first one. I felt so bad as I was downing rum and cokes between shotguns. I might do one shotgun a week now. I am more of a liquor man nowadays. But I try to atleast come by to check out the scene in Mojo-ville every half hour.

Back