Tacks Plan to Take Schaub Out..........

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CloakNNNdagger, Dec 10, 2008.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

...........physically or psychologically, per Haynesworth.

[AP]
    We better be prepared to protect Schaub. Meyers better be able to hold his own. Brown better be assisted if need be. Leach may need to be considered for standing back with Schaub when needed as an "enforcer." Schaub needs to be aware of where Haynesworth is at all times, yet remain calm. Appropriate plays should be planned away from Haynesworth. The cut block needs to be effectively utilized. Enough running plays need to be called to prevent all out bull rushing Schaub.................and if Schaub is unnecessarily manhandled, let one of the OL's Bull's horn see red and impail the SOB.

2. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

All I will say is if they cheap shot Schaub, I hope someone takes Collins down and puts him on IR. Let VY lead them through the playoffs.

Drew_Smoke likes this.
  3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Nope. Collins isn't "the key" there. At this point VY could probably go in and hand off the ball to "Lard and 'Tard" without much trouble. If retaliation is necessary you want to take Fat Albert out for the season and maybe most of 2009 by running him through the cut-block-express.

Wolf and CloakNNNdagger like this.
  4. infantrycak

infantrycak Lead Moderator Staff Member

IF there is a game plan on this kind of thing, it is a Longest Yard scenario and Leach is the guy least likely to get tossed. Honest screen pass call with Leach catching Fat Boy as Pitts lets him inside next to Meyers.

I am not normally into anything to do with hurting another player, but I am tired of Fat Boy's mouth. He has earned whatever he gets.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  5. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

Hey I never said you couldn't do both.

6. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

[​IMG]

lmao "lard and tard" :spit:

7. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I say we attempt to cut Haynesworth every single play, if possible. Have the center tell him he's specifically going to try and engage him so leach can take out his knees. Lets get in his head a little, and let him see how it feels

8. headsplint

headsplint All Pro

I agree man. I am never an advocate for a player getting injured regardless of the team, but enough is enough with this lard ass. If he takes a shot to the knee and it ends his career I would jump for joy. I hope Matt torches them and we find a way to protect him.

9. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

10. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

There is good news here, however.

And....
    With any luck, they will "save" these guys for the playoffs. I think, should Haynesworth play, we go for the knee. :bat:

Link

11. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

HOLY SH*T!!!! I just spit Wild Turkey all over my hotel room. I saw an interview with Chris Johnson and 'tard was the 1st thing that came to mind. RUN, FORREST, RUN!!!! The guy can't get out two ledgible words in a row. I don't take kindly to cheapshots, but if they target one of our own, turnabout's fair play. But please get a RB or DL.

12. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I may be in the minority (and not singling you out).. but I prefer them (tiny-ones) to be full strength.

what I hate is every year (and it will happen) is fans debate about our record (Texans) and the "hollow wins" of another team resting their starters against us

And understandably so,if I team is already in the playoffs I understand them resting the starters so they can get ready for the 2nd season

with that said, Titans (if I recall) are still fighting for home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

13. infantrycak

infantrycak Lead Moderator Staff Member

Off topic, but to reinforce a point made in another thread--size isn't everything. Maurice Jones Drew is a great short yardage guy despite size and someone like him would be better as a compliment to SS than being locked into a "big" back and ending up with another ballerina like Jonathon Wells.

14. toronto

toronto Hall of Fame

That's our game plan," he said. "Hit the quarterback as many times as we possibly can. He'll start cringing before you even get there ... we want the quarterback to think about us and not think about throwing the ball down the field."

Wow, what 'dirty' threats! Great idea to respond to a legitimate gameplan to chop his knees out etc.

As they say on ESPN - CMONNNNNN MAN!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  15. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Never believe any injury report. If it's the opponent talking then unless the guy is placed on IR he'll probably play and could have a career day against us. If it's us talking then the guy who is probably for next week could go on IR any moment. Just assume the worst where injuries are concerned and then enjoy being pleasantly surprised if it doesn't happen.

16. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Coming from Fat Albert this is cause to take notice. It's not like we're talking about a guy who didn't stomp on another players head. Haynesworth is a turd and what might not get much notice coming from another players mouth comes across entirely differently when he says it. You'll note as well that I said "If retaliation is necessary" and you know what that means.

Hopefully it's not necessary and we have a clean, hard fought game Sunday. If it gets beyond that then Fat Al needs to expect a response this time. His history isn't going to let him sneak up on anybody. The Texans OL will be paying attention and the Titans should understand that the Texans missing Matt Schaub for the rest of this non-playoffs season is a lot easier to swallow than the Titans going into the playoffs with Hayneworth on the sidelines using crutches. Who has more to lose right now?

17. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

REALLY!!! WTF!!!
    "That's our game plan," he said. "Hit the quarterback as many times as we possibly can. He'll start cringing before you even get there ... we want the quarterback to think about us and not think about throwing the ball down the field."
    Hell Im jealous! I wish we had a gameplan like that. I think most here are as well they just dont want to admit it. If Mario said the exact same thing most here would be sayin Hell Yeah!!! Go get em Mario!! I cant wait for our D players to have that attitude.

18. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

It just came to me while I was glancing down a thread over at the Titans message board where they were all crying about Carolina "stealing" their "Smash and Dash" nickname. I thought "You could always go with Lard and Tard instead" and it stuck.

19. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Gameplan to take out Fat Albert: Pay a conditioning coach to place a carton of Twinkies near the Titans bench.

20. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Hey, we'll play clean as long as Hayneswworth does
    soon as he gets dirty - i.e., driving Matt's shoulder into the ground or hitting well after the ball is gone - which he's known to have done, its ON