switching from #8 to #10

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by freedoggy77, Mar 21, 2007.

1. freedoggy77

freedoggy77 Veteran

i have a bad feeling about this...i think atlanta will take landry and then miami will take quinn (unless he goes to detroit/cleveland) so now who do we get? nelson? a d-lineman?

2. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Keep an eye on Cleveland...IF they take Quinn...then the whole draft changes...just don't look into anything really until the Raiders start a convo with someone's agent to try and get the #1 pick signed.

3. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

Me too! I think we will take Amyopia, Nelson, Levi Brown to protect Schuab! Wonderfull! Now our chance to draft Landry Or AD just took a major NOSEDIVE! PLUS we gave the Falcons a 2nd RD next yr. I hope Schaub will be a steal. I think alot of people gittin' upset is understanable considering due to our past screw-ups of giving too much for crappy players or solid back-ups, ie. Babs, Pburnt, Hollins, ect. We need to start a thread of Texans reaches, goofs, & draft blunders! I really hope this not a desperate move by the front office! Damn, this organization tends to get taken advantage of often. Oh well we shall see next yr. SIGH! :confused: :wheel:

4. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I haven't been this happy about this team for years. I think our offense will finally turn the corner. Moving back 2 spots is no big deal as there are plenty of good players out there with only the top 9 gone. Schaub is the second pick so I'm good with that. No way we draft a starter at QB for next year at 2.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS likes this.
  5. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I like this move also...pretty much any legitimate move to put a new guy at QB works well for me.

#10 instead of #8...I dont think much changes other than the fact that we can't dream about Peterson and Quinn falling to us anymore...they will most def not be there at 10. I think it is a good spot to get LaRon...seems to be good selection all around (worth the value...good player...good person...need position).

6. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Why cant we dream about Peterson anymore? The 2 teams that just jumped ahead of us have more pressing needs than a runningback.

7. Janus3

Janus3 Veteran

wow, never seen so much cry babying. texans drop 2 spots. sure now it's guaranteed texans don't get AP or Landry, but heck, texans get still get solid OT levi brown or trade down and get reggie nelson.

8. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

I agree with Vinny. I think this is a big positive move for us. I think the team will most definitely o-line or defense now. I think the Texans will be looking hard at Levi Brown and Reggie Nelson. I think Landry will go to the Falcons. And I don't think either Adrian Peterson or Brady Quinn will be available. But we could also trade back.

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

thanks for putting things in perspective I was about to :gun:

no time for lagering :beer: not strong or quick enough :)

10. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

I'm still in SHOCK myself. I really thought this franchise (bob mcnair) would NEVER let go of david carr.

I'd like to see us trade down but if we STAY i wouldn't mind taking that young DT folks keep raving about or L. Brown.

11. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

i'd like to see us move down a few spots and pick up an extra pick...and we still might be able to pick up a guy we like like nelson, brown, revis, houston...etc.

if not...we still could get like okoye or something...i'm not worried about us moving down 1 bit.

12. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I hear you, but I am concernd about that second rounder next year. The way I see it, we gave up 2 potential starters for Schaub. I am a little concerned.

13. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

One of those starters wouldn't start for 2 seasons if you look at it like us taking stanton/kolb in the 2nd....lol I get your point though.

14. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

Very true Vinny, moving two spots back is not much, there will still be a good pick in there for us, only drawback for me was giving up next years second pick as well as this years

15. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

first of all, lemme say that i'm proud of you guys for getting a really good franchise QB in Schaub. also glad that there's one less tema to worry about with Brady Quinn. ;) good job.

i'm looking at Levi Brown now for houston.

16. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

Just curious, but are you being sarcastic?...

17. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Yea thanks. It's a pretty good day for alot of Texans fans I would think. We are behind yall now. All my boys are saying the same thing as you. They are all dolphins fans.

18. Luv Ya Blue 2007

Luv Ya Blue 2007 Rookie

You mean like " Tony Hollins and Jabar Gaffney" starters.

The D. Ryan steals don't happen every year. Besides look at Schaub as the steal in this years second round.

19. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

schaub will be very good. not a textbook prototype QB for kubiak's offense, but whatever. the fact is, he's very good. and he'll be good.

i have to change my mind though. from what i understand, atlanta is in love with levi brown, and they're going to take him at #8. this pretty much says to me that houston will go nelson or landry. or, believe it or not, joe staley is an option.

20. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

Stayley at #10??? oh no!! :brickwall