suprise!! A denver Assisstant being interviewed..

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by 2slik4u, Jan 10, 2010.

1. 2slik4u

2slik4u All Pro

Well its no shocker here. It seems we are in talks with the Denver OC. Im sure the talks are just a formality. He probably was the OC in waiting behind shanahan.

Not saying I dont want him here, I just think there are better OC's out there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4813403

2. D-Frank

D-Frank Veteran

i heard that guy was kubs best friend also, shefter said expect him here monday

3. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Actually it's no surprise really that he's going to be interviewed and likely the next OC here. At least in name, because I doubt Kubiak lets go of the reins of play calling.

What is a bit of a surprise is that Kubiak managed to get the interview first instead of Shannahan. If he does get the job I wonder what the chances are that Gibbs goes to D.C.

4. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Didn't know they're best friends. I guess that's kinda cool if they wind up coaching together

5. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I don't have a problem with it.

If Kubiak's gonna run his system, he may as well get his own guys to run it.

6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Dennison will be a good hire.

He understands Kubes system and is a ZBS OL coach.

Maddict5 likes this.
  7. hookinreds

hookinreds Hall of Fame

Exactly...he'll be the OC Monday. Now I wonder what kind of relationship he has with Marshall. I'm not saying I would give up a first rounder for him becuase WR is not a weekness/need, but how rediculous would it be to have AJ and Marshall for a defense to try and cover.

8. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

What other OCs are you thinking about? I think Rick Dennison is exactly who we need.

That would be awesome if he could help bring us Marshall. I would not give up a 1st round pick, but would a second (say, next year's second and Andre Davis?).

9. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I don't want Marshall yes, he is outstanding but does not know how to deal his problems and he's a headcase him and AJ might cause both lockeroom and coverage problems.

10. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

I would take Marshall way before TO. Its seems like there is a ton of people on here that would want TO, how would Marshall possibly be worse?

11. gary

gary Hall of Fame

I do not want TO either.

12. redwhiteANDblue

redwhiteANDblue Color of Texans

Marshall is worth more than a second rounder. I'm pretty sure we would have to give up 1st rounder.

13. CoastalTexan

CoastalTexan Veteran

Dennison also went to Colorado State... He's has both the required pedigrees!

14. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Don't forget that Denver HAS to get rid of him. They are not in a very strong position for this deal. It also hurts them that Marshall is considered a "head case" so not as many teams will be interested. There might not be many better deals out there then Davis and a 2nd..then again maybe there is.

15. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

He's not the Denver OC, he's their O-Line coach. Who else do you think is better out there that knows the offense and won't install a totally different system?

16. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

He's almost overqualified.

17. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

Hopefully it works out similar to the last assistant Kubiak wanted to hire but wasn't able to until a later date (Bush). Looking at his resume 2008 was very impressive.

"Featuring two tackles in their first-year as starters, Dennison's offensive line was one of the league's most productive units in 2008. Denver's 12 sacks allowed were a franchise record and tied for the NFL lead, and its 6,333 yards of offense ranked second in club history for a single season as well as in the league for the year. Despite being forced to place seven running backs on injured reserve, Dennison's group of linemen also helped the club rank third in the league in yards per rush (4.8)."

He was my 2nd choice behind Munchak when the list came out and hes probably a better fit. I won't be terribly disappointed if elder Gibbs decides to hang em up or depart to Washington now.

18. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Marshall if he passed the requisite interviews with all the Texans staff and they determined he wasn't the monster he looks like. I don't know if that would actually happen though because he just might be all the trouble he appears to be.

I hope the Broncos let go of Peyton Hillis.

19. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

A second and fourth and Davis then ;).

Denver has to get rid of Marshall anyway. I'm sure there is some team that would give up their first rounder though. I wouldn't, and that's because of Marshall's attitude. Still wouldn't mind him (or Terrell Owens) on the Texans (at the right price).

20. Bronco Texan

Bronco Texan Veteran

He was Kubes replacement at OC when Kubes left in '06. Then he was demoted back to Oline coach when McD came in becUase McD wanted to install his own system but retain the ZBS.

He is the best option for this team. If anyone says otherwise then they don't know what this team needs at the position.