Supplemental Prospects?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by WILLIEG, May 11, 2006.

1. WILLIEG

WILLIEG Veteran

Can anyone please provide a link to all the canidates for the upcoming 2006 supplemental draft, or least throw some names and postions out there.

2. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Thats a cool idea.

3. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Ahmad Brooks, LB, is probably the biggest prospect going in the supplemental draft.

4. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

I am not positive but I do not think our track record in this area is very good. Wasn't Tony Hollings a supplemental? I think we had one more but don't remember who.

5. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Milford Brown

6. cap1

cap1 All Pro

Milford Brown, G From Florida State

7. titan hater

titan hater Veteran

Is this who you are talking about:

Ahmad Brooks LB Virginia 6’4 249 Soph

Ahmad Brooks was one of the elite recruits in the country three years ago, and he may have already exceeded expectations in just two seasons of playing time. Brooks is draft eligible because he spent a year after high school at Hargrave Military Academy. During his freshman season, Brooks set a UVa freshman record with 117 tackles with 10 of them for loss, 4 sacks and 6 pass breakups. This season, as a sophomore, he has had another fine season, being named one of three finalists for the Butkus award. Brooks’ father, Perry, played for the Washington Redskins.

Ahmad Brooks is a physical specimen. He’s got awesome size, he’s a great athlete, he’s fast, and he’s strong. You may not be able to create a better looking linebacker than Brooks. On the field, he can do it all. He can drop back into coverage, he can weed through traffic and stuff the run, and he can get up field after the passer. Brooks is very versatile on the field; having the ability to play inside or out, and possessing the size to be a 3rd down pass rusher on the line. He has even lined up as a kick returner, averaging 27.5 yards on 2 returns in 2004.

There aren’t many negatives with Brooks. The obvious one is experience, as he has only played two seasons at the college level. Even that may be overrated, as he played at Hargrave for a year, and he has started every game he’s played in during his two years at Virginia.

Ahmad Brooks is a great prospect, whenever he declares. He should be a Top 20 pick if he declares this year. With his size, athleticism, and versatility, it’s hard to not see Brian Urlacher. Brooks is that type of talent, and he’s going to be an excellent NFL linebacker.

8. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

That's too high, I that we might be able to give a third but if his bid is a second rounder by a different team then I don't see us getting him.

9. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

I would use a second. The Texans do not really have a true MLB.

10. B.Diddy

B.Diddy Veteran

Missouri City T.X./ Sam Houston State University
    I can't really fault the texans on that pick before he got hurt Tony Hollings was one of the best running back prospects in college

11. Scooter

Scooter Funky

hollings was a backup defensive back his first 2 years, and only played 4 games in college as a running back.

12. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

I agree. This kid would have been a top 15 pick next year. I would not mind giving up a second..

13. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I would probably not go any higher than a 3rd and that would be only if he interviewed real well with us. I've read numerous reports about this guy being a headcase. Remember before you start demanding we throw in a first round pick...he got kicked off his team for a reason.

There's no doubt that our defense would look AMAZING with him if he got his head on straight.

Williams-Johnson-Smith-Weaver

Greenwood-Brooks-Ryans

That's a nasty front 7 :drool:

14. 12Gage

12Gage Rookie

He sounds like he could be a great linebacker, but he was kicked of Virginia's team after testing positive for an illegal substance multiple times. Brooks and his people are saying it could have been second hand smoke, so it is obviously Mary Jane. He tested positive at least twice with Virginia officials within in the past few months and was booted off the team for an "off-field incident".
    He is a great player, that I still think we should look at. But we need to be careful.

15. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

That is the whole problem. I don't see us looking at someone with any attitude problems or a history of having them. I would like him on our team a lot as long as we don't give up a first round pick.

16. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

Is there a link on this? Being a headcase is allot different than being a wacky weed smoker. If he has a drug problem, then it going to affect his career in ways that allot of teams will not even look at him. If he is just a headcase, say like Vick, then oh my......:hunter:

17. WILLIEG

WILLIEG Veteran

What I was meaning is that I was hoping that someone could provide a link or wedsite that talked about all the canaidates that were coming into this years supplemental draft.

18. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I agree.. depends on the interview. I mean warren sapp was busted and straightened himself out , so to speak.. yet it IS a case by case scenario

if he interviews good..2nd round and I have no problem , because I don't think he'd be around if he came out next season ,when our 2nd round pick came up

19. powda

powda Hall of Fame

lets not forget kubiak was on the same team that wasted a 3rd round pick on maurice clarett. id say theres a slim chance of it happening but he is very talented by all accounts and it is a definite need for our team...

20. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Any idea what time the draft is tomorrow?