Super Bowl XLII: New England Patriots vs. New York Giants

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by GuerillaBlack, Jan 20, 2008.

1. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

From Glendale, Arizona.

[​IMG]

I really wanted it to be Packers-Patriots, but this doesn't look to be a very bad Super Bowl. I have the Patriots winning in a possible blowout, so this Super Bowl will be like what the Giants faced way back in 2001 against the Ravens.

My prediction: Patriots 31 - Giants 17

2. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

go Patriots!

3. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

hope the Giants win.

4. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

It was a good game when they played last time about a month ago. It's not like the Pats are blowing everybody away in the playoffs.

5. WesmanTexanfan

WesmanTexanfan SeNior Smack

go Giants!!!!

6. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

Congrats to the G-Men. Good luck in the Super Bowl

7. GuerillaBlack

If the Giants win, would it be the first time in NFL history, that two brothers (that are NFL QB starters), won a Super Bowl back to back?

8. toronto

toronto Hall of Fame

As I said on another board, I truly believe in karma. The Giants decided that playing hard in week 17 and stopping history was important, and ended up giving the best team in football a really tough game.

Now look at 'em. They deserve it, even if Coughlin is one of the most miserable human beings I've ever seen coach a football team. He did an awesome job throwing his own kicker under a bus by berating him for having the audacity to miss a FG, then expect him under even more pressure to shrug it off.

9. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Don't forget about the other coach in the Super Bowl. I think he wins that contest.

10. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Now for the next two weeks we are going to be up to our necks in Boston vs New York playoff/championship BS from all sports. YESPN will make sure of it.

Bill Bucknor, get your hardhat on, you are going to need it.

11. GuerillaBlack

What's YESPN?

12. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Man, that game just about caused me a nervous breakdown. I was at a bar in Austin surrounded by a bunch of Packer fans and disgruntled Cowboys fans rooting against the Giants. When Tynes missed that 30 something yarder I thought it was over. I am still in shock that the Giants are in the Super Bowl. 5 weeks ago when they lost to the Skins and Shockey went down I thought the season was over. All I wanted was a rematch with Dallas and a chance to take them out of the playoffs. I was not expecting a trip to the Bowl. They may get killed against the Pats however they have shown some serious nads in this postseason. Hate on Eli all you want but he has been money on the road and hasn't let the pressure or the crowd noise affect him.

DiapHer likes this.
  13. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

It's my name for ESPN. The YES Network stands for Yankees Exclusive Sports or something to that effect. Since ESPN doe's care for the rest of the country, that's my little name for them.

14. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

I'll take;

Patriots 19
    Giants 0

sakebomb likes this.
  15. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Manning is coming into his own. He posted decent numbers in 2005 and 2006, but they were all int he first half, and as he faded down the stretch, his team did. Now, he's playing solidly when it's needed most. I find myself pulling for him, despite the fact that he's a Manning.

I like the matchup. I said after the Pats-Giants game in the final week that the Giants could beat anyone, and they almost have. Time for the final round against NE.

16. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Eli is maturing right before our eyes. It all really started in the last week of the season vs NE.

Gotta pull for the underdog all the way; Go Giants!

I think NYG have already shown that they can hang with NE. They were a little banged up going into that last game so hopefully their secondary gets healed up in the next two weeks and Plaxico (who totally owned GB) gets closer to 100%.

17. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

All you Packers & Cowboys fans need to understand one thing: the Giants are
    the best team in their conference right now and are the most deserving representative from the NFC to play in the SB in 2 weeks. They won on your fields in the most stressful and most challenging of circumstances.
    Now for this season your teams are just as irrelavant as all the other 28 teams in the NFL not going to the SB and the next season is concerned: your 2007 season is over and you are 0-0 in the standings for your current season. Good luck to all in 2008 !

18. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Go Giants!!!!!!

19. toronto

toronto Hall of Fame

Wow, I completely forgot that the G-men have done this without Shockey. That makes me respect their accomplishment even more.

20. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Predictions

New England romps. They have gone to the running game and haven't been as formiddable in the cold. But when they played in pass happy weather the beginning of the year it was ugly. Warm weather Super Bowl equals alot of passing.

Eli has a bunch of stinkers next season and people start asking what happened after the end of this year. Guarantee it. Mark it down.

Great run by the G-Men though. Props to going on the road and doing what they did