Super Bowl pick. (poll)

So... who's going to AZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

powerfuldragon

Enchilada Aficionado.
AFC Title Game : SD v. NE
NFC Title Game : GB v. NYG

who do you think's going to Arizona? State who you think'll win the SB and defend your choice. go on the record, etc.

my pick- NE v. GB -- pats are a lock (IMO), yeah Rivers and LT 'got hurt' this past weekend, but i think they were just sitting out to keep healthy... regardless, i can't see a team led by phillip rivers beating the pats... And GB... i just don't think the Giants can stop The Brett Favre... if the Giants D steps up in a big way they might win, but IMO this is Eli's game to lose... it'll be one of, if not, The defining moment of the younger manning's career..

the pats will start the game off by winning the coin toss and they'll ride that wave of victory throughout the game. 45-21 pats win this one handily, picking off favre two or three times. if my prediction is a little off, and it's close in the final bits of the 4th Q, look for a flea-flicker from Maroney to Brady to Moss/Welker/Stallworth (or maybe Gaffney) for the easy td.

I have been saying it since week five.... Pats go undefeated

Packers vs. Patriots

(I will gladly eat crow if they lose, but they won't)

NE vs GB - would be my worst nightmare. I despise Favre, shut up and retire, almost as much as I despise the Pats, shut up and lose.

NE vs GB would be my first choice in the Super Bowl I want to see (of the remaining teams) because you have the Patriots who are just an outstanding team playing so far above everybody else that it's just sick to the point of being historic playing to run the table and standing in their way is Green Bay. The Packers are one of the most storied franchises in NFL history and you have Brett Favre, the old man going for that last championship before he calls it quits. He's got a big underdog factor thing going on.

On the Patriots side I'd love to see Junior Seau get a ring. He's played the game like it should be played his entire career and it's always good to see those guys get theirs. I wouldn't be upset if Green Bay won that one but I'd kind of prefer to see the Patriots wrap it all up and finish perfect.

It's not like we're not going to be hearing about this season until we're sick to death of it anyway. Look at it this way PapaL, if the Patriots win then at least it's over and if Green Bay wins then maybe Brett will retire finally.

That's the game I'd like to see.

Now if either one of those teams falters I hope they both do because my second choice would be Eli "I won't play for you" Manning (Jughead Deuce) and his Giants against the Charger team he refused to play for and Philip Rivers.

That game would have some good angles in it and of course I'd want to see the Chargers beat the snot out of the Giants.

NE vs GB - would be my worst nightmare. I despise Favre, shut up and retire, almost as much as I despise the Pats, shut up and lose.

Its hard to knock Favre when he's lead that young team to a 13-3 record and the NFC Champoinship game . But If you woulda asked me before the season if he should have hung it up I woulda said yes ...... Now I expect him back next season (he's playing too well & looks like he's having a lot of fun) Unless GB wins the Super Bowl then he goes out on top .

I don't think Favre leaves the game until the game makes him leave. He's just that kind of player.

Favre should retire whenever he feels like, doubt he'll make a decision that'll affect the rest of his life because someone on a message board wants him gone.

NE v GB. It would be a tearjerker across the board if the Packers could find a way to win. It would be the ultimate thrill of victory-agony of defeat moment. Total drama. Favre deserves to win because of how much love and joy he has brought to the game and for that little kid wonder that he brings to the field. Him throwing snowballs during a playoff game and getting the crowd revved up was a sight to behold. I have never been a Packers fan but how can you root against this guy unless your a Patriots fan.

First, lets see Favre and the Pack coming strong v. the Giants. We can not have a NY v Boston superbowl.....it simply can not happen. please.

i hope he's smart enough to leave before his bones turn to glass.

Or his brain turns to mush. He's taken some hits in his 270+ starts. Amazing stat, which is why I think it'll be the game itself deciding when he leaves. I just don't see 'quit' in his DNA.

I actually have a feeling that the G-men are going to upset the Packers. Only to go on and lose by 30+ points to the Pats in the Super Bowl.

I desperately want the Pats to lose very soon for only one reason.

Can you imagine Rodney Harrison being on tv every year because he wants to offer his opinion on the next possible team that could go 19-0? Yeah, I'd want to kill myself too.

Voted NE vs GB because it's most likely.

SD vs GB, or NYG is what I want though. Screw you Rodney Harrison, for making me root for Phillip Rivers ugh.... :barf:

Edit: THat's not an emoticon? Well it should be.

i want eli manning to win against green bay, and then knock off the patriots. Think about it....Eli gets a ring faster then Peyton did, AND ends the greatest season run in history, bests brady in a super bowl, and beats Favre at Lambeau. THAT my friends, is the ultimate middle finger to the colts.

Herv - You make some very good points; however No, No, No...:francis:

A good friend of mine is a HUGE Favre fan. I would never hear the end of it. This what he would look like: :chicken:

All the dang Pats fans acting like this for all eternity: :monkey:

Either way I end up like this: :shots: :drunk: :blah:

Maybe if I don't see it, it won't happen.

I meant to pick NE-GB, but chose NE-NY by mistake...oh well.

I think both teams are pretty much a lock to win. The weather is supposed to be nasty in Green Bay again this weekend, and Eli is terrible in bad weather. And I think the Pats are just too much for the Chargers.

Back