Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Super Bowl LIII

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Mollywhopper, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

Congrats to the Pats - you gotta hand it to Belichek.
    The way he coached that team and controlled that game was just masterful.
    A super physical game and to keep the Rams to just 3 points was just phenomenal defense.
    The only way to stop them is to take out Brady and even Rams front could not do that.
    On to the Draft!

Mr teX likes this.
  2. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

Valid points.....but I'll find myself following and watching the Texans and NFL football. Man, I've been an avid fan for 50 years.

I'm 100% in agreement that the refs have too much power in this game....especially in this game which should've had the Saints playing instead of the Rams. It's like, yes everyone saw the refs screw the Saints, yes the NFL acknowledged the screwing.....but hey, we're the NFL and you'll just have to get over the fact that the wrong NFC made the SB. Dang, was the Saints that big of a threat to the Patriots?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  3. OptimisticTexan

OptimisticTexan Hall of Fame

Almost like he knew every play they were going to call......

4. Texansphan

Texansphan Hall of Fame

Whelp, the way I see it, when you have Belichek and Brady, two GOATs, plus an all time great oline coach and you win the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball, you have a recipe that is going to be hard to beat.
    If nothing changes, its going to be more of the same next year.

OptimisticTexan likes this.
  5. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

I second that and they are clearly the greatest NFL franchise of contemporary times, of this century and nobody else is even close. And Belichek is without doubt the GOAT of NFL HCs.
    And Brady is the GOAT in terms of accomplishments especially in championship & P/O NFL football but certainly not in terms of sheer talent as several others including the likes of Marino and Elway were more talented QBs. And last night was a rather pedestrian effort by Bradys standards.
    BTW the LA QB Goff was clearly in over his head, and I sure like our guy better.

JB likes this.
  6. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Yeah Wade kept up with Belichek on the defensive side, but Goff/ McVea were clearly outmatched by Brady

Double Barrel likes this.
  7. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

FIFY...

8. banned1976

banned1976 American

Ok, fine, Super Bowl 53 was good defense, Brady and Beli are the GOAT QB and NFL HC. Not an entertaining game, no great plays anywhere.

9. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Basically the team you wanted to win didn't win so the entire NFL is ruined, no longer exciting, and just a big lackluster sport just loke that huh? Lol!

Sports snowflakes. Pats just put on a clinic of defense on a historic offense and we saw a very competitive SB. This is what defense looks like.

JB and Mollywhopper like this.
  10. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Are you in here to kneel and kiss the rings? They've won 3 out of 4 SB's since you said they'd never win one again. Come on give it to me one more time and tell me how bullshit this SB win was? I know that you are dying to make Max Kellerman or Rob Barker proud. Whatcha got? :thisbig:

Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

11. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I'd say the INT by the Pats when the Rams were attempting to drive to match the Pats TD was a great play. I'd say the defense on both sides played great damn near every snap. It won't get talked about much, but holding the Pats to 13 points in today's NFL is an effort worth talking about. But the Rams offense was stymied through a combination of the Pats D and Gurley's apparent injury.

12. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Out of 267 football games, you're going to have 13-3 clunkers. Just so happens this one was the biggest game of all. Shit happens.

JB, Double Barrel and Mollywhopper like this.
  13. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

14. banned1976

banned1976 American

Agreed.

SB 53 was slightly intriguing (I strongly believed the Patriots would win the SB weeks before the game was played) but not exciting; to me anyway.

15. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

16. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

i would kiss the rings.............but i can't get close enough to Brady to do so...not with you, Skip Bayless & Boomer Esiason hovered around..... and underneath him just begging him to T-bag ya.

LMAO...Dude you're acting more like Kellerman, and Parker than I am seeking me out in a thread to talk about something i posted & forgot about 3-4 years ago...I mean that's the definition of :loser.

Your troll game is weak old fella, step it up. Here let me help you: I still hold at least 2-3 other qbs and HC's above Brady & Belichick....Now go on, tell us why you mad son :mad:?

Funny thing is...i don't seem to remember you eager to post patriot gloat posts to me after last year's SB........I wonder why...:hmmm:

17. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

That and the fact there's just 9 fans in LA who give a flip.

18. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

They're going to solve this problem in part with the Raiders moving to Las Vegas. Californians like football but they're into college ball. 4 NFL teams is too much.

JB likes this.
  19. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

It'll take time to build a base though. They were without a team for over 20 years. Most of their home games are going to have a high percentage of opposing fans until they start getting a new generation in. Then there's the fact they have to decide between 2 teams who to give their loyalty to. Its probably gonna take a minute.

20. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Horrible decision to move the Chargers to LA. Should be one team each in San Diego, LA & San Fran.

Oakland kind of worked only because it was Oakland, the dark side of the bay (in a gritty way), the men in black. Doesn't work in LA.

Speedy likes this.