Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Super Bowl Dark Horse

Let's tap the breaks on that one a bit, but — as the Titans (crushers of the Pack at Lambeau just a week ago) learned on Sunday — the Texans can come into your joint and smack you around a bit if need be.

I don't care what our record is, I will never get tired of reading that.

I am curious as to how Chris Brown of the Titans will do after that big hit he got from Simmons. There are quite a bit of running backs in the past that have come off to a great start and then after they got smacked one good time they never ended up being the running back they used to be ie...Ickey Woods and Ronnie Lott.

I never really thought Brown was that good but that his Oline was very good. That still says alot for our dline this week because they played the run well against that oline.

very encouraging words kinda makes me feel good about what the media is asying FOR ONCE !!!! Now lets smack around jacksonville when they come to reliant and then see what they say about the SUPRISE team this year !!! Thinking playoffs for us already ??? Hope they dony jinx us !

Myself, I enjoyed this one:

"The Titans are now a fourth-place doormat, while the Texans are a third-place contender."

That quote alone was worth the price of admission in my book.

El Tejano said:
I am curious as to how Chris Brown of the Titans will do after that big hit he got from Simmons. There are quite a bit of running backs in the past that have come off to a great start and then after they got smacked one good time they never ended up being the running back they used to be ie...Ickey Woods and Ronnie Lott.

I never really thought Brown was that good but that his Oline was very good. That still says alot for our dline this week because they played the run well against that oline.

I watched RB Chris Brown a lot in college and I think he's the real deal. He does need to prove he can stay healthy but he's a stud when he is. He hits the hole a lot quicker than Eddie George did his final few years with the Titans and at 6-3 220 with sub 4.5 speed he's pretty impressive. Had you seen him score those six (6) td's against then Big 12 power-house Nebraska I'm sure your opinion of him would differ. If he has a problem, it's that at 6-3 he does ran tall which opens him up for hits not unlike the one he took Sunday against us.

JackDizzle said:
I don't care what our record is, I will never get tired of reading that.
Just a victory...I am sure that you feel Houston just won the SB or something. :woot :boxing:

Oh well...it is good that you feel so enthusiastic with that.

The best times are still to come, when Houston becomes a true play-off contender...because I doubt the Titans will stop being one.

Hervoyel said:
Myself, I enjoyed this one:

"The Titans are now a fourth-place doormat, while the Texans are a third-place contender."

That quote alone was worth the price of admission in my book.
As far as you can be enjoying Houston's win over our team.

Houston still has many things to prove.

And that one, is to prove that Houston isn't coursed, because until this time Houstonian teams haven't appeared on a Super Bowl or World Series. :hehe:

Titanico said:
And that one, is to prove that Houston isn't coursed, because until this time Houstonian teams haven't appeared on a Super Bowl or World Series.

And how many PROFESSIONAL championships does your city have in it's history? lol:

ummm...0!! <---zero

I'll take our two BACK-TO-BACK NBA Championships over your Superbowl appearance any day. So you had the number one loser in the NFL one year. So?! idonno:

You got our leftovers with the Oilers...errr...Titans (sorry, they still have smurf blue, you can change the outside, but we'll never forget they kept the 35-3 choke in the franchise's history books). Have fun with them!

:BananaWav

Meanwhile, we have a first class city that is host to three winning franchises, and the future looks bright!

Double Barrel said:
And how many PROFESSIONAL championships does your city have in it's history? lol:

ummm...0!! <---zero

I'll take our two BACK-TO-BACK NBA Championships over your Superbowl appearance any day. So you had the number one loser in the NFL one year. So?! idonno:

You got our leftovers with the Oilers...errr...Titans (sorry, they still have smurf blue, you can change the outside, but we'll never forget they kept the 35-3 choke in the franchise's history books). Have fun with them!

Meanwhile, we have a first class city that is host to three winning franchises, and the future looks bright!

How many championships we have?

At least 2 AFC South ones...and we have one AFC championship...remember we already went to a Super Bowl in the '99 season? We defeated Indy at Indy and the Jags at Jacksonville in those play-offs.

Meanwhile...Houston didn't wanted the Oilers to stay, since the City denied the chance to build a NEW stadium for them under request...so all my frustrations stopped there, since the Titans had won the division, as I already said...went to a SB already (because the Oilers never were able to do so). And you can add that we have been the winningest team in the past 5 seasons, our QB is a co-MVP...Chris Brown our RB now a days, is the second best in the NFL.

Houston is hosting three winning franchises? who they are, and what they had earned so far? Beacuse at the time, not even the Astros, Texans or Rockets have done something like that.

The Rockets did something when Barkley was playing there...but they never won on final series..or they did?

Meanwhile, the course that is for sure that tortures Houstonian teams...is still doing its work until the contrary happens. :boxing:

Dude, quit talking out of your assumptions.

The Houston Rockets were WORLD champions TWICE (back-to-back!!). (look it up...heh-heh-heh, Barkley was part of none of them, he cam after the second WORLD championship)

The Houston Oilers won many division titles. So?

The Houston Astros have SEVEN division titles in their history.

Division titles are NOT world championships. They are titles, dressed to look like "championships" (ooooh, neat, you were AFC South "Champions" over three other teams...whatever)

We didn't want BUD ADAMS. Unfortunately, the Oilers were part of the deal when he left (and broke his lease on the Astrodome, I might add). I don't hate Bud, but apparently, you know nothing of his long history with this city. He wanted what was best for BUD, not the city of Houston.

We ain't stupid, and we got a much better franchise in the deal!

But I'm talking WORLD CHAMPIONS, man. Not some chump division TITLES.

If you want, we can even compare state-to-state...nahhh, wouldn't be fair, because Texas has too many WORLD TITLES to count, IN PROFESSIONAL SPORTS (ie. NFL, NBA, NHL)

Tennessee has how many PROFESSIONAL sports CHAMPIONSHIPS? :hehe:

ps. I'm just joshing around with you, so you know that this won't turn into flames. Having fun! :woot

Houston has so many world championships??

ok...the Rockets were. And if you see clearly that's why I asked.

The Oilers history is also the Titans one..so what are you discussing in that matter?

When the heck Huston football teams had won a world championship..or even at baseball?

You can't lie to me in that matter...they had won NONE...ZERO...NADA!

Being at this forum is getting quite good!! :popcorn:

Titanico said:
When the heck Huston football teams had won a world championship..or even at baseball?

And I'll say it again: which Nashville teams won WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS in professional sports (not counting wrestling lol: )

I know, I know, not fair. You don't have a MLB team...and you don't have an NBA franchise...and you had to steal someone else's NFL franchise... :rofl:

so, let's keep score:

HOUSTON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: 2

NASHVILLE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: NONE...ZERO...NADA!

:boxing:

Well since Titanico is fond of using conference championships perhaps we should also count the Rockets Western Conference championship the year they played Bird and the Celtics in the Finals. Add the 2 World Championships from the 94 and 95 season, and you've got 3. Most the fans on the Titans board were classy, and accepted that the Texans played better than the Titans Sunday. Guess some can't stand losing to a 3rd year team. Or perhaps its the fact that a 3rd year expansion team is showing more promise, and they're forced to look up at us in the standings.

texasguy346 said:
Well since Titanico is fond of using conference championships perhaps we should also count the Rockets Western Conference championship the year they played Bird and the Celtics in the Finals. Add the 2 World Championships from the 94 and 95 season, and you've got 3. Most the fans on the Titans board were classy, and accepted that the Texans played better than the Titans Sunday. Guess some can't stand losing to a 3rd year team. Or perhaps its the fact that a 3rd year expansion team is showing more promise, and they're forced to look up at us in the standings.

Nah..nah..nah. I accept that the Texans played better and there was some day coming that the Texans could defeat us.

Your safety (?) Wong made a great interception with one hand, that was McNair's fourth interception in past game.

What I don't agree, is that many Texans fans think that they won the glory defeting us just once, so far. I could tell ahead of time when the Texans were added to the same division, that this was going to go wild, since I knew the Houstonians will always be somehow sore from the team moving out.

last game, the Texans defeated a weakened Titans team for all the injured players we have. No matter that, that was a close game, the final score is Houston 20- 10 Titans.

The Texans just took advantage of facing a weakened Titans team...things are going to be quite exciting when both teams play against each other with full strength..and for sure things between us, the fans..are going to get nastier. :woot

But at any point I am mesmerizing your victory...just put the things at a realistic level. The Titans aren't done yet..as the Texans have still lot of things to prove to themselves. :cool:

Titanico said:
Nah..nah..nah. I accept that the Texans played better and there was some day coming that the Texans could defeat us.

Your safety (?) Wong made a great interception with one hand, that was McNair's fourth interception in past game.

What I don't agree, is that many Texans fans think that they won the glory defeting us just once, so far. I could tell ahead of time when the Texans were added to the same division, that this was going to go wild, since I knew the Houstonians will always be somehow sore from the team moving out.

last game, the Texans defeated a weakened Titans team for all the injured players we have. No matter that, that was a close game, the final score is Houston 20- 10 Titans.

The Texans just took advantage of facing a weakened Titans team...things are going to be quite exciting when both teams play against each other with full strength..and for sure things between us, the fans..are going to get nastier. :woot

But at any point I am mesmerizing your victory...just put the things at a realistic level. The Titans aren't done yet..as the Texans have still lot of things to prove to themselves. :cool:

Well for one Wong is an OLB, and not a safety. That just makes his INT even more amazing considering LB's arent expected to have great hands. I belive the 4th INT came by Marcus Coleman (42) in the endzone when the Titans were going for it on 4th down. Both teams had injury problems (ie Davis, Bradford, Simmons, Brown, Hollings, Wade, etc.), and the fact of the matter was that Houston picked on Tennesse's secondary. Woolfolk was exposed, and that may be 'the norm' for a Tennesse game. Dyson was picked on as well, and AJ made Rolle look silly a few times. Although Rolle did a better job than most at covering AJ. The 20 to 10 score isn't as close as you seem to be making it out to be. It's not as if the Texans kicked a field goal to win it as time expired. The Titans were down 2 scores late in the game. Its tough for any team to comeback from that, but it was also not a blowout or a thrashing either. No one is saying that the Titans are done forever, but any playoff or SB aspirations for them are wishful thinking at best. They're at the bottom of a tough division that will most likely be won by the Colts, and are faced with a huge task of battling two young teams in Jacksonville and Houston. You've yet to beat any team in the AFC South this season, and you have 3 games left against AFC South opponents. I'm not saying you'll be swept by all three, but the Colts will likely sweep you. The game in Houston should be good, as I'd expect any divisional game to be. But it's in Houston, and it will be tough for the Titans to win. Jacksonville has shown they're capable of hanging in tough games, and pulling out a win. It will be equally tough for you then. Most fans I've seen on this board were respectful of the Titans, and took the win as a good game between two good teams. Most Titans fans I've talked to thought the same way. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

The Houston Oilers were in the first three AFL championships. They won it all against the LA Chargers two years in a row then they lost to the Dallas Texans who later became the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Texans just took advantage of facing a weakened Titans team...

Pardon me for calling BS, but excuses are just that. No one wanted to hear the Texans' sob story when we had SEVENTEEN players on IR last year, many of whom were key players, and no one wants to hear you whine now. Titans got beat, plain and simple. It's not the be-all, end-all, and there will be many more games. There will be one more here this year, in fact, and to be quite honest, your team had problems defeating us last year when we were decimated by injuries. The Texans have a good shot at defeating any team when playing at home. So don't be surprised by a season sweep.

Titanico , How bout you show a little class and go step in front of a freight train like your team did Sunday and save us your whinning . Ive grown quite tired of your posts especially the ones where you attempt to use the "QUOTE FEATURE" and the ones with simple words spelled incorrectly .

Thre Oilers are what they have always been , LOSERS :rofl:

Titanico said:
Just a victory...I am sure that you feel Houston just won the SB or something. :woot :boxing:

Oh well...it is good that you feel so enthusiastic with that.

The best times are still to come, when Houston becomes a true play-off contender...because I doubt the Titans will stop being one.

YEs we feel the same way yall did after you guys smaked around green bay but i do remember yall talking play offs after that game if i'm not mistaken !

Titanico said:
...last game, the Texans defeated a weakened Titans team for all the injured players we have ...T he Texans just took advantage of facing a weakened Titans team...
Isn't it great when the fans of a once mighty team feel they have to make excuses for losing to us!

The cool thing about being a fan in Houston as opposed to being a fan in Nashville:

Seeing you NFL team win and your MLB team inch closer to the World Series and your NBA team play on an international stage IN THE SAME WEEKEND.

swisher said:
The cool thing about being a fan in Houston as opposed to being a fan in Nashville:

Seeing you NFL team win and your MLB team inch closer to the World Series and your NBA team play on an international stage IN THE SAME WEEKEND.

Right on! Well said! :thumbup

The future is bright - GO ASTROS!!!

Mistril48 said:
Isn't it great when the fans of a once mighty team feel they have to make excuses for losing to us!
If you don't know how to recognize excuses from reasons, ok then.

What I am saying is that the texans didn't faced us at full throttle, if you are telling me that Houston's past sunday's victory tastes the same, as defeating a full strengthed team...then you are full of it.

Titanico said:
If you don't know how to recognize excuses from reasons, ok then.

What I am saying is that the texans didn't faced us at full throttle, if you are telling me that Houston's past sunday's victory tastes the same, as defeating a full strengthed team...then you are full of it.

Funny, you telling me that last year's victories over the Texans felt less sweet to you? Surree they did--we can really tell since you have mentioned them 50 times in the past few days.

Vinny said:
The Houston Oilers were in the first three AFL championships. They won it all against the LA Chargers two years in a row then they lost to the Dallas Texans who later became the Kansas City Chiefs.

Good point! I had temporarily forgot about the AFL Championships in Oilers history! :thumbup

Uhhmm. That tasted great.

What do u expect.... us to hang our heads due to your injuries?

Yes, as of today the Titans are a more accomplished NFL franchise. However, be honest & admit it, you must be impressed w/how our team is progressing. :cool:

Titanico: you have proceeded to show how ignorant some people can be. Yes, the Texans won. Accept it. Don't try bad mouthing Houston for one game. We have lost many games in many sports, but Houstonians keep going. We do have a great sports town and you have a little town with a football team. Get lost. I see the Texans smearing the Titans at Reliant. It will happen! lol:

The Texans can make the playoffs this year if they stay healthy and keep learing and getting better after every game. No way to make the SB without team playoff expierence. Lets get a playoff berth then start talking SB.

Titanico said:
What I am saying is that the texans didn't faced us at full throttle...
Wow! The Tack fans are really hurting ... and we've only existed for 38 games.

If we can intimidate Tack fans like this with our win, we've arrived.

Back