Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Stupid Question on Tailgating

So my wife and I are going to make it to only our second Texans game ever for her birthday which happens to be the same day as the Bengals game. I know, it's sad that this is only my second game to go to but we have three kids in day care so that pretty much wipes out a lot of discretionary income!

Anyways, the first time we went to a game a few years back we walked around the tailgate spots and didn't really know if it was OK to just walk in and join one or whatever. We wouldn't be drinking anyone's beer or anything but were seeing what we would need to do just to get some food, do I just offer cash to someone to join their tailgate? Sorry for the dumb question!

So my wife and I are going to make it to only our second Texans game ever for her birthday which happens to be the same day as the Bengals game. I know, it's sad that this is only my second game to go to but we have three kids in day care so that pretty much wipes out a lot of discretionary income!

Anyways, the first time we went to a game a few years back we walked around the tailgate spots and didn't really know if it was OK to just walk in and join one or whatever. We wouldn't be drinking anyone's beer or anything but were seeing what we would need to do just to get some food, do I just offer cash to someone to join their tailgate? Sorry for the dumb question!

Good question actually. Generally the large tailgating are very open to "drop-ins". I would approach one that looks good and ask if you can join them (better than 90% chance of "yes" but some are just for their people (maybe they have an exact count on steaks)). If "yes" ask "Can I pitch in some $ ?". Some will have a set price (maybe a higher price for drinkers), others will be "OK, whatever you think", some will refuse any money and insist you just have fun.

I always like to carry a small cooler with my drinks (alcoholic or not - even water and sodas). Usually they will offer you their drinks, but I still like to roll up with my cooler and offer to pitch in $. Most importantly - have fun!

Feel free to drop by the "Blue Crew". We're located in the N/W corner of the Platinum lot.

So I can just drop in, no problem?

Yes, the Blue Crew is very accommodating. Walk up to someone and introduce yourself and add your screenname in. Lots there not on here but lots are. You'll get directed to someone from here and welcomed. Good folks.

Yes, the Blue Crew is very accommodating. Walk up to someone and introduce yourself and add your screenname in. Lots there not on here but lots are. You'll get directed to someone from here and welcomed. Good folks.

Cool, we'll definitely drop by the Blue Crew then. Appreciate the offer!

I can vouch for that. I visited the Blue Crew a couple of years back and it was as if I was a bonafide Blue Crew member from the start.

The minute they heard me say I was Showtime they told me to get rid of the broad with the Niner's shirt and have a beer. :D Kidding, of course. My Niner wife was treated with great friendship as well even though she was the enemy. :barman:

Awesome people, Duke. I highly recommend visiting the BC.

Meeting the guys/gals from TT really was one of the real highlights of my son & I's experience at the game a few years back.

Despite the fact that I've aggravated almost ALL of the people from TT at some point in time or another...they were absolutely amazing to meet and talk to.

Heck, even Bill was sober...before the game.

You will not go wrong hanging out with the Blue Crew folks. They are a lot of fun and will greet you with open arms. That's where I go when I manage to get back for a game. Plus I've met up with them at road games.

Enjoy!!

Meeting the guys/gals from TT really was one of the real highlights of my son & I's experience at the game a few years back.

Despite the fact that I've aggravated almost ALL of the people from TT at some point in time or another...they were absolutely amazing to meet and talk to.

Heck, even Bill was sober...before the game.

You must have got there Real early

:swatter:

While the jokes of my drunken debauchery are WELL over blown (*ahem* WAY over blown), the Blue Crew is very family friendly, including the piñata for the kids...

Please Duke, come on by. You will eat, drink and your kids will have a good time!!

While the jokes of my drunken debauchery are WELL over blown (*ahem* WAY over blown), the Blue Crew is very family friendly, including the piñata for the kids...

Please Duke, come on by. You will eat, drink and your kids will have a good time!!

Thanks man, it'll just be me and the wife. Definitely looking forward to it.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get to a game since the Titans game last year. I'm going to try to get to one later this year (I know I'm running out of time) but I can tell you that the BC is a fun group to hang out with. It is cool to see these guys and put faces to screen names.

Mike

pssh.... no apologies necessary, we do what we can.

:fans:

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get to a game since the Titans game last year. I'm going to try to get to one later this year (I know I'm running out of time) but I can tell you that the BC is a fun group to hang out with. It is cool to see these guys and put faces to screen names.
Mike

The hell you say!!! :texanbill:

Back