Stretch Is Being Told the Big Screen TV Must Go...........

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Aug 22, 2009.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

....................UP!

Jerry Jones doesn't want to move video board

LINK

2. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I would just like to point out once again, for the record, that Jerry Jones is from Arkansas (or is it OK?). Either way, it ain't TX.

:D

3. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Jerry is right and everyone else is wrong.

4. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

From what my brother said at the McCartney concert and the game last night, the whole thing is being overblown and that in pregame they were trying to hit it. I personally think it should be raised just to make sure but we will see. It would be dumb to leave it with a chance. I've heard nothing but badass reviews of the place though. He gets 2 50 yarders for each home game and a pledge brother has a suite I'm supposed to go to....so I'm ready.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  5. Texaninlild

Texaninlild Hall of Fame

The league needs to force him to do so. You DO NOT change the game for a giant screen. It is a great screen(s), just raise the damn thing. If you saw folks vantage points they need the screens inside the stadium. I drive by this huge stadium all the time, it is impressive, but I am curious how the noise will be with this type of design. Reliant rocks when the crowd does. I am not sure if that will happen on board the Death Star?

6. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

It was deafening at the McCartney concert Wednesday night.

7. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

If some object exists in the stadium that physically effects the play of the game, then it needs to be moved.

The place looks really nice. Bet its gonna be 1/2 empty and you won't see many of the same people sitting in the same seats with what JJ wants for a PSL and ticket.

8. CloakNNNdagger

It's no secret that this should have been anticipated. In the 1976 Pro Bowl, after Guy hit the Superdome screen, the league had the 90 foot clearance increased to 200 feet. It is not for Jeruh to determined who should or shouldn't be able to hit his screen. For some kickers it could tactically change their intended trajectory to a more acute angle with resulting shorter kicks or blocked kicks. Even though there may not be many Guys out there, those that have a "kick ass foot" should not be limited by a TV screen and the arrogance of an egocentric owner.

eriadoc likes this.

9. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

I'm just watching the replay of the game on NFLN....its so damn funny.

So much money, and Jerry can't even figure out a good place to put a videoboard. Its hilarious, and it obviously has to be moved. Just wait for a playoff game to be decided by a poor punt, because the original first good punt hit Jerry's television. I can't believe hes even trying to say it should stay. How about we place a new concession stand on the 20 yard sideline, overlapping a yard into the field. Just play around it...

10. CloakNNNdagger

There maybe a simple reason that Jeruh is being belligerent concerning the thought of moving the screen. A friend of mine who is a commercial audeo-visual contractor related to me that the position of the large screen is positioned optimally for the expensive suite patrons. Even though the angle of view would not significantly be changed, it would be changed for just enough "inconvenience" to probably elicit complaints from his cash cows.

BTW, it is not as difficult to hit the undersurface of the video board as Jeruh would want us to believe...........since it gives a ridiculous 10,000 square foot rigging target...............a miniscule of what the two DiamondVision Superdome screens afforded Guy at a measly 29' x 36' dimension.

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

If I was sitting in the upper decks of that stadium, I would not want to be looking straight forward into an enormous big screen TV. If I wanted to watch the game on TV, I would just stay home.

12. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

The video board was at 90 feet last night which is within the NFL guidelines.

Perhaps that will be changed due to last night's game..I don't know.

They already had plans in place to move it for the upcoming U2 show..apparently they have a huge stage setup.

I imagine it will be moved up and down as needed.

13. CloakNNNdagger

Just had an idea if Jeruh wants to go a cheaper route...............lower the field by at least 50 feet. Then, at the end of the season, you can just cover Jeruh and the Girls with the left over dirt and give them a proper burial when again they miss the playoffs.:pirate:

disaacks3 likes this.
  14. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

I am curious as to what is the point of kicking a ball more than 90 feet high. Is it for hang time, or what? BTW, I like the screen just fine, and I like being there as well. Home entertainment systems just don't provide the same experience for me.

15. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

hang time.. if one can get close to a 5 second hang time then coverage has time to get there (I know it is obvious so just saying)

on a side note, i would love to see greg montgomery's kick again against the bronco's in preseason back in the day, I have never noticed a kick that high and that far since then...maybe it wasn't much but it seemed like it

16. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

The ploblem at hand it strange enough, but Jerry and the boy's reaction is even stranger. Just raise the effing thing!

17. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Heard it will be another 2 mil to do. Chump change for the cost but I'm sure it will get done. I think Jerry made some comments about it being a "condition" almost like it was Tal's hill with the flagpole.

18. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Link please. If he really said that he really has a hard........problem with Houston.

BTW, I don't defend Tal's Hill and if that is Jerry's defense he is really off.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  19. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

No, I compared it to Tal's Hill but his comment was that it was a "condition" like something that both teams have to deal with....to me it came across as that.

NitroGSXR likes this.
  20. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Ok, your camparing it to Tal's Hill and saying Jerry said it is a Tal's Hill in and of itself.

Come on Frog, it's a joke and you know it. It's a joke Cowboy fans are with Jerry on this.

Lame ass attempt at diverting attention. Stick to the subjest for God sake.