Strength of Schedule - NFL - Defensive Lines

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://armchairgm.com/index.php?title=Strength_of_Schedule_-_NFL_-_Defensive_Lines

I have never seen someone rank this before because I would think there are many other factors to include on rushing the ball, but anyway

2. kravix

kravix Rookie

I dont remeber where I saw it, or what the criteria were, but an aritcle on NFL.com or ESPN talked about strength of scedule for each team. Ours was one of the easiest versus the run and one of the hardest versus the pass.. I believe they were based on cumlative overall run def and pass def of the opposing teams for the entire schedule. I will look for it again, but if someone else can link it that would be awesome.

3. real

real Guest

That seems about right...

Just another factor though...

And we all know factors don't matter...

4. ReliantTexan

ReliantTexan Veteran

It depends on what the factor is.

5. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Not this again!

:backsout:

6. real

real Guest

lol...

I won't go there this time...I'll just keep on steppin'...........:specnatz:

7. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

LoL, get em' RT

8. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I think that's beause of Manning over there... :wild:

9. kravix

kravix Rookie

The article I was refering to was compared to other teams Def, not their off. So Manning had nothing to do with the strenght of schedule in those regards.

10. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

My gut reaction was to tell you to go factor yourself... my gut's a real asshole, though, so I won't say it... :jk:

(go figure... I can type out the entire word asshole, but if I substitute an asterisk for each "s", I get this *********)

11. Matt

Matt Blogfather

According to ESPN, Manning <i>always</i> matters. He is very Now. Not as Now as Tiger or LeBron, but pretty Now.

12. ReliantTexan

ReliantTexan Veteran

No seriously. Do you think that Mario's plantar fasciitis did not factor into his production.I did read your posts about this on another thread and you've come up wih this theory that every team has a bunch f reasons why they didn't succeed and that they cancel each other out and I agree somewhat.But to say that factors don't matter is a little overboard. Do you not think that the colts losing peyton for the season would not matter or that it would outweigh nearly every other teams losses.

13. ReliantTexan

ReliantTexan Veteran

No seriously. Do you think that Mario's plantar fasciitis did not factor into his production?I did read your posts about this on another thread and you've come up wih this theory that every team has a bunch f reasons why they didn't succeed and that they cancel each other out and I agree somewhat.But to say that factors don't matter is a little overboard. Do you not think that the colts losing peyton for the season would not matter or that it would outweigh nearly every other teams losses?