Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Strength and weakness?

done88

Waterboy
I think the Texans biggest strength next year is going to be the Defensive line. I know it is lacking depth but the front three are monstors. The Offensive line is a close second. With the additions of Wade and Bruner plus the maturity of Pitts, Wand, Washington, and Weary. Wiegert and Mckinney being the steady leaders they are. I believe the line could se as much improvement in the third year as they did in the second year, and that is saying a lot.

I think the Texans biggest weakness next year could be running back. Altough I don't believe it will be bad. Davis will perform well however he will need a break and I'm not sure Hollings is ready yet. The second biggest weakness on the Texans will be the OLB. After losing Posey Clemons did not perform well in his new role. Peek one track he needs to stick to pass rushing downs. This leaves Babin as the starter. Babin will be the next coming of Jeavon Kerse. However there will be a period of adjustment. Olinemen will take advantage of his over aggressiveness and run right at him at first. Once he starts to play under control things will start to fall into place for the whole defense.

WIth a little luck the Texans will have us watching the playoffs very soon.
Can't wait. :jumpbanan

our biggest strength i see will be our DB's this season...we're looking at a tandom of either

glenn coleman brown robinson
or
glenn coleman mccree robinson

that's as solid of backfield as you can get in the nfl

as for our weakness...it's gotta be lack of depth at all the line positions...but hopefully we won't have the injuries to show that

done88 said:
I think the Texans biggest strength next year is going to be the Defensive line. I know it is lacking depth but the front three are monstors. The Offensive line is a close second. With the additions of Wade and Bruner plus the maturity of Pitts, Wand, Washington, and Weary. Wiegert and Mckinney being the steady leaders they are. I believe the line could se as much improvement in the third year as they did in the second year, and that is saying a lot.
I think the Texans biggest weakness next year could be running back. Altough I don't believe it will be bab. Davis will perform well however he will need a break and I'm not sure Hollings is ready yet. The second biggest weakness on the Texans will be the OLB. After losing Posey Clemons did not perform well in his new role. Peek one track he needs to stick to pass rushing downs. This leaves Babin as the starter. Babin will be the next coming of Jeavon Kerse. However there will be a period of adjustment. Olinemen will take advantage of his over aggressiveness and run right at him at first. Once he starts to play under control things will start to fall into place for the whole defense.

WIth a little luck the Texans will have us watching the playoffs very soon.
Can't wait. :jumpbanan

I agree with the comments about the strength of the defensive and offensive line. I would only add that I think one reason to believe in significant improvement in the offensive line is the new coach. A new player (RT), maturation of the younger players and Coach Pendry. I'm excited.

With an improved offensive line and improved passing game (maturation of Carr, Gaffney and Johnson, plus a new option (Joppru or Brener)) the running game WILL improve.

OLB and new DB's are unproven and a potential concern, but again an improved line, this time defensive, will make everyone look better.

I think the playoffs are a possibility, if we don't have too many key injuries.

I tihnk the biggest strength is going to be running back. I hate hearing about this one year wonder stuff other people keep saying about Dom. We also have a very talented back in the backfield who goes by the name Tony Hollings.

Wekaness is going to have to be O-Line, if we get 1 maybe 2 injury's I think that hurts us in a big way, so If O-Line can stay healthy I think the texans are going to have a great year.

With the exception of Todd Wade, the entire unit will be back as starters! This is huge. In the era of free agency, players jump so fast, but with the Texans having a young team, an up and coming team, this unit has stayed together and will work numbers. Carr another year under center, receivers getting used to the system and the league, the running back is secure coming into camp, the o-line looks to be even stronger, and the playbook is known and understood! If the defense stays healthy, they should get better as the year progresses. Coleman will be learninga new position, and a new corner, getting tossed to the wolves! Yes, the offense will carry us early!

Our biggest strength will be the secondary. With the addition of Robinson, and possibly Earl and Duff. We'll be able to move Coleman to Safety, and have McCree and Earl as quality depth.

Our biggest weakness will be depth on the lines. If one or two players go down like last year, we are facing some of the same problems as last year.

Back