Stop booing our team....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by weskurtz81, Oct 21, 2007.

1. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Rookie

I was at the game, and just wanted to say I was disappointed that the fans were booing the team going into half time. They knew they were playing poorly and booing wasn't going to change anything. Show some class and stop booing like the mobs up north. I just felt like saying that to the fan base and GO TEXANS!!!!!:texflag:

Mr teX likes this.
  2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The team was awful...not shocked at the boos

3. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Did we hurt their feelings or did the Titans kicking their butts all over the field do it for them .

4. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Rookie

I know the team played horribly, but still doesn't warrant the boos. What does booing do? Make us all look like a bunch of clown IMO. I just disagree with booing a bunch of guys who are doing the best with what they have. Simple as that.

5. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Rookie

Has nothing to do with feelings, it has to do with class imo. What is the point of booing? What does it accomplish? It makes the fans look like a mob, like Boston fans, or Phillie fans. No point in booing the team even if they stink. If you don't support them good or bad, don't go to the game.

GlassHalfFull likes this.
  6. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

If you think that is bad, I was watching the Seahawk fans boo S. Alexander because they didn't like his stats - and their team was up by almost 20 points...

7. AnthonyE

AnthonyE Lurker

It makes me feel better, but I seldom boo.

It's very hard not to boo when its 3rd and 22 and we run. Or when its 35-7 and, while it's not true, it looks as though our offense isn't even trying.

8. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Rookie

houstonhurrican,

I know many other fans are much worse than Houston fans, I just haven't had many experiences with Houston fans booing players or the teams like I have had up north. I just think it's a pretty crappy thing to do. It just reminds me of the Phillie fans throwing D-Cells batt's at the Flyers, or booing the Eagles like clowns.

9. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

i don't boo.

I say f*ck you to the refs and opposing team players then cry out in disgust!

10. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

You invest time , money , and energy on a team and they know that this game means alot to the fans and for 3 quarters they flat out stink .... booooooooooooooo !!!!!

11. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I hate booing, but if it warrants the situation, do it.. Team stunk it up with what 24 yards at halftime? and most of that was on that 3rd and long draw play. I'd be suprised if McNair himself didn't boo the team after the first half..

I'd rather have us boo than for the fans to be quiet and have a brown bag over their head. At least booing shows we care, even if it was in a negative but well deserved way

12. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

I totally understand and agree. At that point, there was absolutely no need to remind the team how poorly they were playing.

On the bright side, the silent drill team at halftime was a spectacular performance (as usual)...

13. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Rookie

AnthonyE,

Trust me, I wasn't happy at all with the way the team was playing, I was kind of ticked, but I still didn't feel they should have been booed.

14. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

Boston fans, Philly fans, and NY fans boo their teams...and they all have better franchises than us. Its about time we start booing, it shows the players that we DO NOT accept their mentality and effort and look what happened...they got back in the game didn't they? Was that a product of our boos? Maybe not, but I know it probably was pretty embarrassing to be on the field while your at home and getting booed and people are leaving.

15. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

So, are you opposed to booing in general?

If not, just what threshold do you feel has to be met in order to warrant booing?

16. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Rookie

Yeah, the Marines did a good job. The Color Guard wasn't nearly as good as the Marines, they didn't represent the Air Force as well as I think they should have. They were out of step, they were talking before they marched out. They obviously haven't been practicing enough. No big deal though.... the silent drill was pretty cool though.

I definately understand what you guys were feeling, I just don't think it's good as a fan base to boo the team. Maybe I am just not as much of a fan as you guys are. I still wouldn't boo the Astros, and I am a BIG Astros fan. Like when Lidge gets booed all the time. I am not one of them.... just don't think it does anything good.

I will however sit and ***** and complain, I will tell the people I am at the game with that I am pissed and they are playing like crap, but I will not boo.

17. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Rookie

I am generally opposed to booing. I guess it just reminds me of my experiences up north with the REALLY obnoxious fans. I just don't like it when our fans remind me of those fans.

I just don't boo the teams really. I don't boo the players when I am unhappy mainly because it seems pointless. Rather than booing, I will just stop going to the games if I don't like the way they are performing. It seems to me the most effective way to get the teams attention would be to not support them with ticket sales. But, that's just me.

I guess if you guys want to boo go ahead and boo. It really isn't as bad as the fans up north, I just go annoyed at the game when they booed the Titans, and it kind of ticked me off when they booed going into half time.

18. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

I think I'm a classy guy. I live a honest decent life. That being said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for the tacky play in the first 3 quarters.

I'll boo my team if I think it's warranted. I do not boo very much but they deserved to be booed today. Our 4th quarter efforts? Maybe the booing had something to do with it. We're letting our team know that we're not happy with what they've done so far. When one hears 50,000 people booing as opposed to just going along with what a guy says (Sherman). Sherman is failing right now. We have a superstar in Ahman Green and he's not able to do a thing.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... tells the coach that 50,000 people see something different from what your employee (coach, analyst, review guy, who the heck ever) is telling you to do.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO to your request to cease the booing.

The Texans sucked for three quarters. It was embarrasing. The thing is... we've been sucking pretty bad since the Atlanta game. Maybe we won against the Dolphins but we still sucked in the game.
    Go Texans! :fans:

19. gjmac2

gjmac2 Veteran

I myself do not boo, but please do not tell people who pay at the minimum $50 a ticket, $5 for Cokes, $7 for Beer, etc. that they cannot voice their opinion regarding the teams performance.

Not to mention that Houston fans care a hell of a lot about our teams. So, to say that fans should not boo, sorry, gotta disagree with you.

Besides, they are big boys who make a lot of money, they can take it.

20. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

So cheering when your team is getting it's arse handed to them make you a classier fan?

Has nothing to do with the class of the people in the stands. It's all about the product on the field. No one pays to sit next to Joe Blow. They pay to watch a good product.