Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

still not happy

michaelm

vox nihili
I was frustrated by this too, but I saw why - our D was red hot and absolutely stifling the Bengals. Pinning them down in their territory with a punt is much smarter than giving them a short field, especially with the way the D was killing it out there.
The best unit on the field today was the Texans defense. No shame in punting the ball and trusting the D to do what they have been doing all day, which is putting the Bengals offense on lockdown.

GP

Go Texans!
They did not try that. They couldn't even try it because their mistakes put them down by 21 in the blink of an eye.

Foster had 15 carries, (hardly grinding it out) ran it one time for a great gain on a holding call then the Texans decided they wanted to start passing.

I don't see why it couldn't change. Why even play the game then? I mean really?
Why do you put words in my mouth? "Why even play the game then?"

All I am saying, and others are too, is that we can't take this Bengals game and say "Holy moly! We got our momentum back! Whew!"

OK, yes, technically any given Sunday any team has a shot. But really, come on now, do you expect us to win next Sunday? I mean, in your bones you feel this is a win RIGHT NOW???

What's the harm in saying that we need the Patriots to stumble and we need our A+ game? Is that evil? Is that being a bad fan? Or is it just telling it like it is?

Lining up these two teams, in 10 games, you expect us to beat the Patriots how many times? Tell the truth.

Nobody wants to be butt honest, though. No. We beat the Bengals, so...nobody say for one second that we're up against it in this next game.

We're up against it.

We had a chance to get them to come to us. We had two chances. I liked our chances at home. Not in THEIR house.

I'm talking real talk here, btw. I'm talking straight up football and what this all comes down to: Odds. Bookies and wagerers live and die by it, and most times the odds-makers are right, and they get it wrong sometimes...but most times they get it right. For a purpose. They don't get sentimental. They look at cold hard facts.

Like I said, many times over: I'm glad for the fans on this Bengals game. And glad for the Texans players, too. The last home game and we won it. That's a good thing. But doesn't change the upcoming odds that the Patriots will go about normal business next weekend.

michaelm

vox nihili
Meh, maybe a head coach doesn't settle for as many field goals against NE, because he knows he needs more to beat them, but FG are not too bad against Cinci, because our defense was shutting them down for the most part.
The way the Texans approached this game might be entirely different than the way they approach NE.

I'll trust the actual head coach over a couple of guys who seem to want nothing more than to prove themselves right, and act like complete *********s to other people.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Doesn't make it true, and doesn't make it right.

And you know that.

You're saying whatever you think will win this argument.
I'm saying nothing that you haven't heard from many others before. Out of respect I never went there with you. But today, you bash our team after a playoff win and then bash myself and others for being excited about a victory. You have put yourself on display all by yourself.

fiasco west

All Pro
Why do you put words in my mouth? "Why even play the game then?"

All I am saying, and others are too, is that we can't take this Bengals game and say "Holy moly! We got our momentum back! Whew!"

OK, yes, technically any given Sunday any team has a shot. But really, come on now, do you expect us to win next Sunday? I mean, in your bones you feel this is a win RIGHT NOW???

What's the harm in saying that we need the Patriots to stumble and we need our A+ game? Is that evil? Is that being a bad fan? Or is it just telling it like it is?

Lining up these two teams, in 10 games, you expect us to beat the Patriots how many times? Tell the truth.

Nobody wants to be butt honest, though. No. We beat the Bengals, so...nobody say for one second that we're up against it in this next game.

We're up against it.

We had a chance to get them to come to us. We had two chances. I liked our chances at home. Not in THEIR house.

I'm talking real talk here, btw. I'm talking straight up football and what this all comes down to: Odds. Bookies and wagerers live and die by it, and most times the odds-makers are right, and they get it wrong sometimes...but most times they get it right. For a purpose. They don't get sentimental. They look at cold hard facts.

Like I said, many times over: I'm glad for the fans on this Bengals game. And glad for the Texans players, too. The last home game and we won it. That's a good thing. But doesn't change the upcoming odds that the Patriots will go about normal business next weekend.
Well I didn't really put words in your mouth, you just called it a "Miracle" that the team would turn it around.

I'm talking real talk here too. Have provided SEVERAL hard cold numbers.

That top teams in the NFL playoffs go down on a annual basis. That Foster and Watt take it to another level in the playoffs.

It's no secret how you beat a guy like Brady or any QB. You run the ball and keep it out of their hands. You think the Texans Don't have the weaponry to do that? They do.

OBVIOUSLY we are up against a great team. No one that thinks the Texans can win thinks they are going to go in there and roll over anyone. We think if the Texans play their game they have a shot at it.

This is the playoffs, it only gets harder with every win you get. But yeah the Bengals win does help because for the first time in weeks they ran the ball well...their secondary and Oline played well...that was something they did not do the past 4 weeks.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame

This may all be true, but that doesn't mean we can't win. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't be excited for the opportunity to play in this game. Stating that we can't do what the Jets did two years ago is silly. It was just TWO YEARS AGO and the Pats had a 14-2 season that year where Brady threw for 36 TD's and only 4 INT's. I'd rather be playing the Pats in the playoffs even if we lose, then to sit here and be mad that we're in the playoffs like you seem to be.

utahmark

markbeth
No way 19 points beats the Pats........but I won't bet my life on it.:)
different game against a different team. Just because we scored 19 points against a really good defense does'nt mean we will score 19 against an average defense. We played better than we have been. I'm pumped!

different game against a different team. Just because we scored 19 points against a really good defense does'nt mean we will score 19 against an average defense. We played better than we have been. I'm pumped!
They scored 7 against the same average defense they have already played once...

just saying...

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame

just saying...
Dude, that game is over. When are you going to realize that? We get it, we lost! We lost bad and got embarrassed. That was over a month ago. None of that matters today and it damn sure doesn't matter next week. It's all about who wants it more and who executes more next week. Playoffs are a whole different season. It's who is better on "that day."

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I think it's pathetic that we've got people here that are upset because we didn't beat the Patriots today.

No matter how well the Texans played, they were never going to beat the Patriots.

The team that was unlucky enough to line up against us today got their a$$es spanked. They didn't lose, they didn't get beat, they got dominated offensively & defensively........ dominated.

We could have hung 100 points on them & we still wouldn't have beat the Patriots.

I'm a Texans fan & I'm feeling good right now after my team beat the team that was in front of them. I feel sorry for you Texans fans that can't enjoy this. I really do. If you're lucky, maybe I can join you in your misery next week. But right now, nope, not going to do it.

Freak'n Cowboy fans are more excited about our win than you.

fiasco west

All Pro
In all fairness though Green Bay did beat a guy who probably should be playing Wide Receiver and not QB.
Yeah true, but he has had some good games as a backup. They got spanked and Peterson didn't do anything though.

But his original point just doesn't stand when you look at the playoffs every year.

Rey

I've spewed plenty of venom on this board about this team.

If you aren't happy with the win today and excited about the game next week then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm pumped.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
The hell with this still not happy doom and gloom. The Texans won a playoff game today!

I saw that in the game and I wondered to myself "Is that a confident Matt Schaub? Is he going to get his mojo back for next game?" I hope so because he is going to have to be on his A+++ game to win.

He looks like a little kid that is having fun and realizing he can do it.

TexanExile

A New Hope
I think it's pathetic that we've got people here that are upset because we didn't beat the Patriots today.

No matter how well the Texans played, they were never going to beat the Patriots.

The team that was unlucky enough to line up against us today got their a$$es spanked. They didn't lose, they didn't get beat, they got dominated offensively & defensively........ dominated.

We could have hung 100 points on them & we still wouldn't have beat the Patriots.

I'm a Texans fan & I'm feeling good right now after my team beat the team that was in front of them. I feel sorry for you Texans fans that can't enjoy this. I really do. If you're lucky, maybe I can join you in your misery next week. But right now, nope, not going to do it.

Freak'n Cowboy fans are more excited about our win than you.

Can I get an amen?!

Good grief. I came back to the board to celebrate with fellow Texans fans even though I'm fully aware of the problems here. Instead I see one guy posting the same damn "Schaub sucks" post he's been sticking up for weeks now, in as many threads as possible, and a bunch of other negative nellies who can't, just can't, for a few hours enjoy the fact that we just won a playoff game.

The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 22 years. 22 YEARS. We have back-to-back division titles and 2 playoff wins after half that. Will I be happy, or even surprised, if there's a loss next week in New England? Of course not. I always want us to win and I bought in back in September that this was the best Texans team yet. After all those seasons that didn't matter, this is a time to enjoy being a Texan fan, even though things aren't as rosy as they were several weeks ago.

I see the flaws. I get the odds. What I'm fed up with is all the bitching and whining about the same things. Can we just stop the howling until Monday at least? You'll all have the entire offseason to whine. I promise.

This is not a homer post. This is not a rah-rah post. This is a man-up, stop crying and enjoy a playoff win post. We're in the 2nd round again. That is a cool thing. Take a moment and enjoy it.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Can I get an amen?!

Good grief. I came back to the board to celebrate with fellow Texans fans even though I'm fully aware of the problems here. Instead I see one guy posting the same damn "Schaub sucks" post he's been sticking up for weeks now, in as many threads as possible, and a bunch of other negative nellies who can't, just can't, for a few hours enjoy the fact that we just won a playoff game.

The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 22 years. 22 YEARS. We have back-to-back division titles and 2 playoff wins after half that. Will I be happy, or even surprised, if there's a loss next week in New England? Of course not. I always want us to win and I bought in back in September that this was the best Texans team yet. After all those seasons that didn't matter, this is a time to enjoy being a Texan fan, even though things aren't as rosy as they were several weeks ago.

I see the flaws. I get the odds. What I'm fed up with is all the bitching and whining about the same things. Can we just stop the howling until Monday at least? You'll all have the entire offseason to whine. I promise.

This is not a homer post. This is not a rah-rah post. This is a man-up, stop crying and enjoy a playoff win post. We're in the 2nd round again. That is a cool thing. Take a moment and enjoy it.
You can get an Amen from me!! :texanbill:

Texn4life

All Pro
Can I get an amen?!

:goodpost: Rep to you!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Can I get an amen?!

I was at the game today. I shook my head at all those guys yelling for Kubiak to go for it instead of kicking the field goal (except that 48 yarder, I didn't know about that one) but I was thinking, that's how you lose this game. Don't take the points.

There was one guy behind me, kept saying, "you wn't beat the Patriots like this, you won't beat the Patriots like this." I finally turned around & told him we won't be playing the Patriots if we don't get those points.

I had another guy in my section, blaming Kubiak for everything. Matt throws the ball to Arian behind the LOS, with three Bengals in front of him.. Kubiak's fault (that wasn't a screen). Matt overthrows Andre to the right, Peko knocks Myers on his ass. Andre doesn't catch that pass in the endzone.... Kubiak's fault.

That same as$hat wouldn't get up & make some noise. I finally told him, "Look, if you're going to b!ch about Kubiak not doing his job, you've got to do yours... get up & make some noise."

utahmark

markbeth

just saying...
I have already stated that scoring 19 against cinn and moving the ball the way we did while controlling the clock makes me feel like we are playing better than we were during the month of december. just saying...

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
That's all I've been trying to say.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I have already stated that scoring 19 against cinn and moving the ball the way we did while controlling the clock makes me feel like we are playing better than we were during the month of december. just saying...
Playing better? Yes.

Playing well enough to beat the Pats? Hell no.

But what people don't understand is that we played better today. We played with more passion and heart. The D really came out to play today. They made a few mistakes where other teams will capitalize (Especially Brady), but we really dominated them for the most part and had we connected in the RZ the score would be a lot different. We can play even better next week though. We have the opportunity to at least. That's what the playoffs is all about. We can gain the momentum we had early in the season. Will we gain enough? Probably not, but I like our chances to because we won 12 games and we're same 11 win team from last season. Everyone expects us to lose including me. So what do we have to lose?? Nothing. All we have to do is play with heart and desire and anything can happen at this point. That's the beauty of the playoffs and exactly why I hate the BcS.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Agreed and repped. That is the one thing that we lost the last few games: long offensive drives that last 6-8 minutes a quarter. I remember those. That is what we are going to have to do to win. Keep Brady off the field.

We need to get up early, like SanFran and run the clock out, unlike SanFran and not give Brady a chance unlike SanFran did.

utahmark

markbeth
If you guys can only get happy with a superbowl season then prepared to be miserable most years, no matter what team you root for. After 10 years of losing(not to mention all those years cheering for the Oilers) I'm enjoying being one of the top 8 teams in the league with the chance to get to the afc championship game next week. If we lose next week then I will be glad to debate what this team needs to do to be better. Right now I'm just happy to get to root for my team again next week.

utahmark

markbeth
Playing better? Yes.

Playing well enough to beat the Pats? Hell no.

But what people don't understand is that we played better today. We played with more passion and heart. The D really came out to play today. They made a few mistakes where other teams will capitalize (Especially Brady), but we really dominated them for the most part and had we connected in the RZ the score would be a lot different. We can play even better next week though. We have the opportunity to at least. That's what the playoffs is all about. We can gain the momentum we had early in the season. Will we gain enough? Probably not, but I like our chances to because we won 12 games and we're same 11 win team from last season. Everyone expects us to lose including me. So what do we have to lose?? Nothing. All we have to do is play with heart and desire and anything can happen at this point. That's the beauty of the playoffs and exactly why I hate the BcS.
That's all I'm saying.

legacy_gt

Rookie
bengals were one of the hottest teams coming in (beating steelers, ravens, &giants). dalton was coming back to his home town. and the texans were looking their worst ever this whole season.

i'm happy with the win. if they lose next week, so be it. i just want some heart in their game taking it personal for getting their a$$ handed last time.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
If you guys can only get happy with a superbowl season then prepared to be miserable most years, no matter what team you root for. After 10 years of losing(not to mention all those years cheering for the Oilers) I'm enjoying being one of the top 8 teams in the league with the chance to get to the afc championship game next week. If we lose next week then I will be glad to debate what this team needs to do to be better. Right now I'm just happy to get to root for my team again next week.
My feelings as well. I just love watching my team in the playoffs. Haven't had that feeling since the Oilers lost to the Bills with a 32 point lead.

Will a first round win be good enough forever?? Hell no. However, this season I never felt like we were the best team completely but we did seem very similar to the 49ers with how we won games. Our defense withered though, and that's what started the slump. Then our offense went to trash. But right now it's all about being better on game day and moving forward. We probably won't beat the Patriots, but man I'm excited to at least watch our team give it a try in the 2nd round. It's a lot better then not being in the playoffs. I've gone 20 years without being able to compete with the exception to last year. I love this!!

Texanmike02

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Texanmike Presents: Real Men of Genius
(Real men of Genius)
Today we salute you. Mr. fake fan of a football team
(Mr. fake fan of a football team)
Posting nothing but overplayed bitching and nonsense, you're living the real American dream
Coming up with new complaints for a team you love... to hate
(Love-hate relationship!)
Sure there's other teams, sports and hobbies... but you need a reason to be mad... when everyone else is having fun
(OUR QB SUCKS NOW!)
Your keen instincts tells you to stick to rooting against a team while wearing their jersey with fake complaints... but who wouldn't... when everybody else in the stadium is upset... you can yell "I was right sukkas!"
(I told you so!)
So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, Nutty Boy. 'Cause we all know, the the going gets tough, the tough fake fandom.

You guys were begging for it. Yes its a rehash but it could not be more appropriate.

Mike

MEGA SWATT

All Pro
You talked a lot of **** to me in the weeks leading up to our last two games.

And you were wrong both times. And you never once came back and said "Yeah, all those things you said were going to happen...they happened."

I personally dislike you. You come on here and you say such hateful things to people. HATEFUL.

You accuse people of not being real fans. And Tex is doing the same thing. And neither of you think what you're doing is wrong. But it is.

"Fans like you PRAY for losses..."

Seriously? Wow. It sounds like you just don't like being wrong and knowing you were too drunk with Kool Aid to have seen what was coming. Sober up sometime and just listen to others. People have been around here a long time.

I was here when this board first started 10 years ago. Were you? I've talked a lot of football, year round, with people on here. The good, the bad, the indifferent. Rain. Shine. 12 people, total, on here. And now with its hundreds of posters.

I'm seriously pissed off right now.
Whatever bro. I'm not being hateful. I speak my mind as you do. If I begin to name call like "negative nancy" I pre-apologize for it. I wasn't even talking about you. But whatever, I don't mind that you dislike me. Put me on your ignore list.:scarygirl: Btw, you act like I just joined this board yesterday, way to pull the "I joined b4 you card" Oh and I dislike your sig pic in the worst way. It's awful.

MEGA SWATT

All Pro
Dude, all u do is pump out conspiracy theories about what u think is going on or happened & simultaneously play both sides of the fence..you are the worst kind of fan b/c whether we win or lose, you've always got something to say that "proves" you were "right".

So, im not surprised that you're in here with your "yeah we won, but...." Garbage. Its par for the course with you and a few others in here.
:toropalm:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
My feelings as well. I just love watching my team in the playoffs.
Watching your favorite team play in January is aiight..... but what I really enjoy is watching my friends root for my team, because their team ain't....

This year, that includes Cowboy fans, Steeler fans, Saints fans, & Giants fans.

Grams

Veteran
On any given Sunday . . . . . . .

I just want to see this team prepared and mentally ready to play the Pats next Sunday.

If we lose - to go down fighting.

Modest

Practice Squad
Texanmike Presents: Real Men of Genius
(Real men of Genius)
Today we salute you. Mr. fake fan of a football team
Posting nothing but overplayed bitching and nonsense, you're living the real American dream
Coming up with new complaints for a team you love... to hate
(Love-hate relationship!)
Sure there's other teams, sports and hobbies... but you need a reason to be mad... when everyone else is having fun
(OUR QB SUCKS NOW!)
Your keen instincts tells you to stick to rooting against a team while wearing their jersey with fake complaints... but who wouldn't... when everybody else in the stadium is upset... you can yell "I was right sukkas!"
(I told you so!)
So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, Nutty Boy. 'Cause we all know, the the going gets tough, the tough fake fandom.

You guys were begging for it. Yes its a rehash but it could not be more appropriate.

Mike
This is awesome.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
My feelings as well. I just love watching my team in the playoffs.
I do, too. It was a lot of fun yesterday (though that bomb that overshot Green could have been a real bummer). We should give some praise to what (Watt?) went right against the Bengals.

1) The defense controlled the game from the outset.
2) The offense move the ball between the 10's against a top 10 defense.
3) No new major injuries.

The Pats probably aren't staying up late worrying about the Texans. If you can be over confident going against a 13-4 team, New England likely is. Which is a good thing. I think this defense will play much better than they did in week 14. I think Arian Foster can run against this Patriot defense. And it's possible that Schaub can get out of this funk and have a game similar to week 3 against Denver.

Foster, Johnson, Watt. The Texans have players that can make game changing plays, just as the Patriots do. I doubt the Texans are going to travel all the way to Foxboro with the intent to lose. Maybe I'm not as happy as I would be with the Texans getting the #1 seed (as they should have). But, I'm happier than I was going into Saturday's game. I'm looking forward to a good football game next Sunday.

Rey

I do, too. It was a lot of fun yesterday (though that bomb that overshot Green could have been a real bummer). We should give some praise to what (Watt?) went right against the Bengals.

1) The defense controlled the game from the outset.
2) The offense move the ball between the 10's against a top 10 defense.
3) No new major injuries.

The Pats probably aren't staying up late worrying about the Texans. If you can be over confident going against a 13-4 team, New England likely is. Which is a good thing. I think this defense will play much better than they did in week 14. I think Arian Foster can run against this Patriot defense. And it's possible that Schaub can get out of this funk and have a game similar to week 3 against Denver.

Foster, Johnson, Watt. The Texans have players that can make game changing plays, just as the Patriots do. I doubt the Texans are going to travel all the way to Foxboro with the intent to lose. Maybe I'm not as happy as I would be with the Texans getting the #1 seed (as they should have). But, I'm happier than I was going into Saturday's game. I'm looking forward to a good football game next Sunday.
I think this mirrors my thoughts the closest.

gafftop

All Pro
The Texans are still in the playoffs. The Bengals looked like a mirror of the Texans in QB and coaching. Dalton looks like a young Schaub. Play calling very familiar, throwing short for first downs etc.

It could be a lot worse. I feel so much better that the Texans won than I would have if the Bengals had completed one of those passes to Green in the 2nd half and the texans lost by 1 after complete domination.

The defense looked a lot better today but hard to tell if it was just inferior competition or did they really play better. We will know more next week.

Next week we have Brady not Dalton. Do the Texans have a chance?

Without a doubt they have a chance.
Get out to a fast start.

No TOs by offense, multiple TOs by our defense. We need all the breaks and calls.
Execute in red zone. Need tds not fgs.
No penalties or at least none in red zone.
No penalties that keep the Pats on the field. What the hell was that Daniel Manning offsides? Brady will make you pay.
Schaub needs to make the big plays and make good decisions and stay composed. He just seems to always in a big rush even when he has time.
Both line need to win or at least play even.

Not happy that we don't have home field advantage because I think it would help but at least we are still in the game.

Remember when we beat GB with almost no offense, it can happen.

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
I'm happy about the win but I noticed yesterday that while I was pumped at the bar, leading chants on chairs as normal and whatnot, it still just didn't FEEL the same as last year. I find that today while yes I am happy about the win, I don't think I'll be squirting with excitement until I see this team win against an elite team, which they won't have the chance to do until next week.

A win next week and truly IMO we will all be one happy family again. Otherwise, it will be more the same with the people on the satisfied with staying pat crowd and possibly still an expansion franchise mentality and those who actually have higher expectations and see what has happened with open eyes.

Until then, you'll see no bitching from me, GO TEXANS!

:htown2atx: :fans:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The Pats probably aren't staying up late worrying about the Texans. If you can be over confident going against a 13-4 team, New England likely is.
I so hope that thought never enters our locker room. After the way the 49ers spanked them... I don't think they're taking anything or anyone lightly.

They know, more than anyone, how much work it takes to get back to the Super Bowl & there are no guarantees of winning it. & they know where their window is. 3/4s shut.