Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

still not happy

GP

Go Texans!
You can't head to NE with a loss. With the way you're carrying on, it might as well be a loss.

Fans like you pray for losses because being right is more important than winning and looking like a dip sheat and getting proved wrong.
You talked a lot of **** to me in the weeks leading up to our last two games.

And you were wrong both times. And you never once came back and said "Yeah, all those things you said were going to happen...they happened."

I personally dislike you. You come on here and you say such hateful things to people. HATEFUL.

You accuse people of not being real fans. And Tex is doing the same thing. And neither of you think what you're doing is wrong. But it is.

"Fans like you PRAY for losses..."

Seriously? Wow. It sounds like you just don't like being wrong and knowing you were too drunk with Kool Aid to have seen what was coming. Sober up sometime and just listen to others. People have been around here a long time.

I was here when this board first started 10 years ago. Were you? I've talked a lot of football, year round, with people on here. The good, the bad, the indifferent. Rain. Shine. 12 people, total, on here. And now with its hundreds of posters.

I'm seriously pissed off right now.

toronto

Hall of Fame
dude its about improvement heading into NE, which i didnt see today. 10 pages in three hours is a good run lol
If that's what you need, look at it this way. You played much frigging better today than you did against the Pats a month ago.

Most important was you got back to smashmouth with Foster, which to me is the #1 key to beating NE next week. They can't score if they don't have the ball.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I guess you are the ultimate fan. Nothing bad happens in your sunshine world. You can dictate who is a fan and who isn't. :toropalm:
Next to you, anyone is the ultimate fan.

I don't claim to be anything. Hell, I've been told I wasn't a fan many times in here, but I was actually bitching because we were a bad team that couldn't even sniff the playoffs. I won't ***** when we're here and actually winning in the playoffs.

fiasco west

All Pro
90% of the time the top teams make it to the Super Bowl.

Anytime a % is brought up and it is a nice number like 90 you know it is wrong.

Out of the last 5 superbowls, 4 of them have consisted of one playoff team that played in the WC week.

If there is one thing to be sure about in the NFL it is that there are going to be upsets.

dude its about improvement heading into NE, which i didnt see today
Schaub was not sacked.

Defense held Cincy to 6 points

Run game was excellent.

You are telling me this is no different from the Colts or the Minny game? Or the Jags game when Henne lit us up?

GP

Go Texans!
I don't know GP you are pretty knee jerk during gameday threads
In the final weeks I wasn't knee jerk. I was commentating on the implosion of this team.

I don't have time for this crap. This is what happens when loud mouth accusers get to say whatever they want, label people however they want, and nobody actually thinks for themselves. No, just go ahead and believe the person with the bullhorn.

LOL.

fiasco west

All Pro
If that's what you need, look at it this way. You played much frigging better today than you did against the Pats a month ago.

Most important was you got back to smashmouth with Foster, which to me is the #1 key to beating NE next week. They can't score if they don't have the ball.
I've been saying this all month.

Just run the ball and if you are running the ball well, don't stop. Keep Brady off the field.

Foster and the Oline gave me hope today because they didn't do that against some trash defense.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame

Oline played great today. I've been one of the only ones bashing the Oline's play lately while everyone else blames Schaub for everything. Our running game was really good today, and people forget that is who we are. That is how we have won all season with running the ball to set up the play action. We had several wins this season just like we had today, and people were fine with it then, because our record looked great. Now it seems that these angry people want us to lose just so they can fly in here and say "I told you so" and ruin our excitement for the playoffs.

I don't give a rat's ass what happened in the last Patriots game. Get over it. That's in the past. All that matters is how we both match up next week. I don't care about who would have beaten the Texans last year out of the Packers or the Giants. The point is that hardly anyone expected the Giants to make that run last season or in their first SB run. NO ONE thought that Eli could make all the clutch plays he did in their first SB run. But guess what!? It happened. It's possible. I don't think we'll win either, but I damn sure won't call it a loss until the game is over. I watch almost every Patriots game and they've got weaknesses all over their defense and their wideout is not that good either. You take Welker out and defend their TE's well, and their offense struggles. Can we do that? Probably not, but it's possible.

And no, you weren't all over this site talking about what pretenders we were when we had one loss. I didn't see all the bashing of this team from you like I do right now. We could have lost 3 out of 4 at the beginning of the year, and would you be happy at this moment now?? I bet you would. But what if we lost in the first round after winning like 8 in a row looking like a hot team??
The fact you just said that Matt Schaub could do what Eli Manning could do show me you have absolutely lost cred.... When has Matt Schaub EVER shown he could do anything like Eli Manning...

Then you need to do your research, like I said, I have been all over this team for the last month and even before that when they were winning ugly...

GP

Go Texans!
Anytime a % is brought up and it is a nice number like 90 you know it is wrong.

Out of the last 5 superbowls, 4 of them have consisted of one playoff team that played in the WC week.

If there is one thing to be sure about in the NFL it is that there are going to be upsets.

Schaub was not sacked.

Defense held Cincy to 6 points

Run game was excellent.

You are telling me this is no different from the Colts or the Minny game? Or the Jags game when Henne lit us up?
I put the Bengals in the same tier as the Jags and Lions and Bears...all those teams are teams we will beat. SHOULD beat.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that a win vs. the Bengals means we have a good shot vs. the Pats.

To say so is just very homer'ish. I stopped being a homer the day David Carr went belly up here. I learned from that. But hey, I'm a bad fan. I forgot. I should leave.

Wolf

100% Texan
In the final weeks I wasn't knee jerk. I was commentating on the implosion of this team.

I don't have time for this crap. This is what happens when loud mouth accusers get to say whatever they want, label people however they want, and nobody actually thinks for themselves. No, just go ahead and believe the person with the bullhorn.

LOL.
Of course you weren't knee jerk in the last few games,the negativity was correct since the Texans lost ,but seriously seems I remember 1st quarter rants even when they won

fiasco west

All Pro
I put the Bengals in the same tier as the Jags and Lions and Bears...all those teams are teams we will beat. SHOULD beat.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that a win vs. the Bengals means we have a good shot vs. the Pats.

To say so is just very homer'ish. I stopped being a homer the day David Carr went belly up here. I learned from that. But hey, I'm a bad fan. I forgot. I should leave.
Seriously?

The Jags are one of the worst teams in the NFL (if not the worst) and the Bengals are in the same tier as them?

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame

LOL.
You have totally knee jerked on this team GP. You acted as if we were the team to beat going into the season, and the Texans did just that almost all season long. We end up having a few bad losses at the very end of the season, and you totally act like you have bailed on this team. I remember you getting upset when Rick Smith was criticized in the off season for some of his moves and getting this cap all messed up. Then you start all these threads whining because we couldn't get Manning when it was damn near impossible, but yet before the season you didn't want Rick Smith being criticized for his moves with this team's salary issues and his lack of moves to bring in a competent WR to compliment AJ. It was all about how great Martin would be even though he hadn't proved a thing. That was knee jerk as well. That is going from one extreme to the next with the drop of a hat.

GP

Go Texans!
The fact you just said that Matt Schaub could do what Eli Manning could do show me you have absolutely lost cred.... When has Matt Schaub EVER shown he could do anything like Eli Manning...

Then you need to do your research, like I said, I have been all over this team for the last month and even before that when they were winning ugly...
I think 2010 in Washington was the last time I saw Schaub do something clutch in the final seconds of a game. The TD pass to AJ in the back of the EZ.

I still have that game on DVR. And I still rewatch it. But even with that win, guess how it came about? Shanahan got away from what had worked in the first half...he stopped passing the ball and tried to do what all former Denver coaches do: do the opposite of what had been working. Kubiak does the same thing, turtles up in the 2nd half and here lately he's been doing that in the damn 1st quarter!

fiasco west

All Pro
Seriously?

The Jags are one of the worst teams in the NFL (if not the worst) and the Bengals are in the same tier as them?

Also obviously the Patriots are better than the Bengals...

But those three things I mentioned were all problems all during the previous mounth...even against so called teams we should have beat like the Colts and the Vikings.

Those games the Oline could not run block and was average at best at pass pro. Foster was not explosive at all, run game was pretty much stopped...and defense was shredded by some pretty bad QBs...

Hervoyel

BUENO!
No, I mean we didnt blow out the bengals and yeah we left a lot of points on the field, but bitching about it his quickly is not healthy. Madden games has ruined fans
Has nothing to do with Madden. I've never even played Madden and think Fantasy football is the most ridiculous **** in the world. It's about the season being a series of games, one week at a time and some people focusing on the ultimate goal and where the Texans are in relation to that goal. Others are happy to get this weeks win and it makes the general state of "the quest" right now all better for them. Others still know that the team has put themselves in a tough spot and they're likely to get blasted next week in New England. Both groups are clearly annoyed with each other and tired of all the stupid sunshine pumping and pointless negativity that the other is bringing.

If the Texans win next weekend in New England all will be back on "The Right Track (TM)". If they don't this will be over for this season and it's on to draft and FA talk.

cant we just enjoy the win for at least a day!!!!
havnt read the entire 101pages of this thread but if most people agree with the title....there is something wrong with you

GP

Go Texans!
Seriously?

What did the Bengals look like today? LOL.

The Jags were up on the Patriots for most of the first half before Patriots finally remembered they were the better team.

Look, I get it: You look at RECORDS and that's what you base teams on. That's why you and Tex think the Texans are not worthy being downed by Texans fans.

12-4, we're in the playoffs and we just beat the Bengals! So, 1+1+1=A real chance vs. the Patriots next week.

Seriously, I have the right to my opinion and you yours.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

Dude, all u do is pump out conspiracy theories about what u think is going on or happened & simultaneously play both sides of the fence..you are the worst kind of fan b/c whether we win or lose, you've always got something to say that "proves" you were "right".

So, im not surprised that you're in here with your "yeah we won, but...." Garbage. Its par for the course with you and a few others in here.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Packers fans HAVE BEEN to the Promised Land, Tex. Damn straight they think their guys can do it. Because they HAVE.

Our guys? They've earned the fickle nature of their fans. I haven't just started watching football in the past two years, Tex. Neither has BullNation. Neither has bckey. More than just YOU have seen what GREAT looks like and what less than great looks like.

The Giants are making people think that that's the rule...when it's just the exception. Fewer Cinderella teams like the Giants end up making it to the Super Bowl and then actually winning it. 90% of the time the top teams make it to the Super Bowl.

Every now and then your St. Louis Rams and your New York Giants take conventional wisdom and flip it on its head. Very few teams like those end up shocking the world.

Nobody is WISHING we lose. Who has said that? Show me. Nobody has. But because we're saying that the Pats are going to beat us with rubber hoses and laugh at us? That's more like bracing for the inevitable, which is not anything as evil as what you're pinning on some fans around here, Tex.

And I thought I was a person of extremes....
Maybe that's the point your missing. No one who is celebrating this win is completely happy with today's performance. We had way too damned many penalties at the wrong time (like there's ever a good time). Schaub completed 20 of 29 passes to RBs and TEs - where the hell are the WRs?? Special teams are giving up way too many yards on kickoffs. We still didn't convert but one of our redzone opportunities into a touchdown and had to settle for FGs again. Watt and Brooks still seem to be the only ones of our front seven that can muster a sack.

We see the warts. But despite those warts we won anyway. You say we beat a "lesser opponent". Maybe. But so frikkin' what?! We didn't make the schedule. We played whoever they sent here to play. Reliant is 2-0 in playoff land. And that's cause for celebration today.

And for the record, I don't expect to go up to New England and win. But I'm not going to let you steal my sunshine. Not today. There will be enough time for weeping and gnashing of teeth next week.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Learn how to read. I never said that in that post. I stated that no one thought that Eli could and he did. Not only in one season, but in two SB runs. What people thought was impossible wasn't exactly that. And for the record Schaub arguably had a better season then Eli did this year, so stop acting like Eli is some elite wizard when he isn't. Schaub won't ever be this guy to make tons of clutch plays. So what. He never has been. You just now figuring this out. This team's formula for winning isn't and never will go through Schaub. It doesn't have to though. We have to win with a great running game, minimal mistakes, and by allowing a low score from the other team.

The research is that for the majority of the season we were a top 5 defense and until that slump we had on offense we were the 2nd and then the 3rd highest scoring team in the league. DO YOUR RESEARCH. They did fall apart, but that doesn't mean they can't pick it back up, nor does it mean they have to in order to beat NE.

Wolf

100% Texan
Has nothing to do with Madden. I've never even played Madden and think Fantasy football is the most ridiculous **** in the world. It's about the season being a series of games, one week at a time and some people focusing on the ultimate goal and where the Texans are in relation to that goal. Others are happy to get this weeks win and it makes the general state of "the quest" right now all better for them. Others still know that the team has put themselves in a tough spot and they're likely to get blasted next week in New England. Both groups are clearly annoyed with each other and tired of all the stupid sunshine pumping and pointless negativity that the other is bringing.

If the Texans win next weekend in New England all will be back on "The Right Track (TM)". If they don't this will be over for this season and it's on to draft and FA talk.
Exactly and the reason I said we put ourselves in a tough spot by nor winning home field advantage.

However I think some are still maddenized because they think we should blow teams out when the nfl is built on parity.

Wolf

100% Texan
Sadly we are having discussions about fans after a win. Enjoy the freakingmoment

Done with this thread, Monday I will discuss about the pats and how we got destroyed

fiasco west

All Pro
What did the Bengals look like today? LOL.

The Jags were up on the Patriots for most of the first half before Patriots finally remembered they were the better team.

Look, I get it: You look at RECORDS and that's what you base teams on. That's why you and Tex think the Texans are not worthy being downed by Texans fans.

12-4, we're in the playoffs and we just beat the Bengals! So, 1+1+1=A real chance vs. the Patriots next week.

Seriously, I have the right to my opinion and you yours.

I'm sorry but saying the Jaguars and the Bengals are on the same tier is not a opinion, it's just wrong.

I could see if the Jags were 9-7...but we are talking about a 2-14 team being on the same tier as a 10-6 team....I mean really...

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Dude, all u do is pump out conspiracy theories about what u think is going on or happened & simultaneously play both sides of the fence..you are the worst kind of fan b/c whether we win or lose, you've always got something to say that "proves" you were "right".

So, im not surprised that you're in here with your "yeah we won, but...." Garbage. Its par for the course with you and a few others in here.
Man, all the teething you and I have done at each other over the years in here when our team was horrible or just average. Whether it was arguing over Kubiak or Rick Smith or Bob. You know I hate Kubiak's style of coaching and I'll never be confident in him as our HC, but I'll always root for us in the playoffs. I understand wanting a loss possibly when your team is horrible and losing may get rid of a bad HC or to get a #1 pick in the draft, but we've been considered the best team in the league by a lot of people for a majority part of the season. I don't see how certain fans or alleged fans could get this angry and bitter just because of slump at the end of the season to where they can't even be happy that we won a game to move on to the next week of the playoffs. That's what this game is all about. This is it!

Kudos Mr. Tex! I'll take any kind of win we can get in the playoffs.

Our defense completely dominated them today, and that's been the strength of our team all season. We looked closer to the team we've been all year.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Maybe that's the point your missing. No one who is celebrating this win is completely happy with today's performance. We had way too damned many penalties at the wrong time (like there's ever a good time). Schaub completed 20 of 29 passes to RBs and TEs - where the hell are the WRs?? Special teams are giving up way too many yards on kickoffs. We still didn't convert but one of our redzone opportunities into a touchdown and had to settle for FGs again. Watt and Brooks still seem to be the only ones of our front seven that can muster a sack.

We see the warts. But despite those warts we won anyway. You say we beat a "lesser opponent". Maybe. But so frikkin' what?! We didn't make the schedule. We played whoever they sent here to play. Reliant is 2-0 in playoff land. And that's cause for celebration today.

And for the record, I don't expect to go up to New England and win. But I'm not going to let you steal my sunshine. Not today. There will be enough time for weeping and gnashing of teeth next week.
Yeah, we did make the schedule. We made it when we failed to show up against Minnesota and Indy. Other than that I got no issue with what you're saying. Enjoy your sunshine by all means.

GP

Go Texans!
You have totally knee jerked on this team GP. You acted as if we were the team to beat going into the season, and the Texans did just that almost all season long. We end up having a few bad losses at the very end of the season, and you totally act like you have bailed on this team. I remember you getting upset when Rick Smith was criticized in the off season for some of his moves and getting this cap all messed up. Then you start all these threads whining because we couldn't get Manning when it was damn near impossible, but yet before the season you didn't want Rick Smith being criticized for his moves with this team's salary issues and his lack of moves to bring in a competent WR to compliment AJ. It was all about how great Martin would be even though he hadn't proved a thing. That was knee jerk as well. That is going from one extreme to the next with the drop of a hat.
Bail? LOL.

Aw hell, Tex. You are doing exactly what you do in the NSZ: LABELING.

It's just as sad here, btw.

You got me wrong on the Peyton Manning thing. I at first thought we should try for him, then I felt like maybe he was a liability with his neck, then I thought "Well hell, now it looks like we never even ATTEMPTED to look into the idea of getting him..." I went back and forth on that issue.

Dude, the Rick Smith issue? Yeah, he cannot control all factors. No GM can. Decisions were made by this FO that impacted and dictated moves that had to be made. I was OK with letting Dressen and Brisiel walk, couldn't match their offers. Was smart to re-sign Foster, Brown, and Myers. What's the alternative? Traded 'Meco, which saved cap room and frankly he wasn't being used by Wade much at all. Got a draft pick for him, a nice one, which is a rare thing for ANY Texans GM to have accomplished in 10 years here. Good for us. How is that knee-jerking? I don't see it, Tex. LOL.

Martin impressed in camp, and in the preseason, and really he had some slip-ups and Kubiak lost confidence in him. So I'm a bad fan for "bailing" on this team YET I had confidence in Martin and was excited about Kubiak's decision to give him major playing time? Isn't that a contradiction?

You're reaching, Tex. You're trying to paint me with a broad brush here, and it's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination.

I giggled when Matt did the "Yessss!" hip thrust celebration move when we converted at the end of the game to keep the clock ticking. He has no clue how poorly he's been playing for like the last month+. He got a playoff win. Good. Now what? How does he solve the problem that is New England? He probably can't.

My only good feelings today were this: The fans in the stadium got to see our guys win, at home, and there wasn't a messy loss (at home) which would have been a real bummer for them.

Outside of that, there wasn't much to hang our hat upon today. The long passes Dalton missed with AJ Green...those won't be overthrown by Tom Brady. The passes dropped by Gresham and the others? Won't be dropped by Welker and Gronk and Gonzalez and Marshall and Woodhead. Everything the Bengals did today, the Pats won't do that. And everything the Bengals didn't do today, the Patriots WILL do.

We're about to face the same team we faced in New England on MNF. And we, Tex, are the same team they faced as well. How does that shake out, if all things are equal?

DISCLAIMER: I said this same thing the week leading up to the first contest between us and the Pats. I was also labeled a loser and an ******* back then, too. But then again...I'm a KNEE JERKER, right? Right.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

There's a reason that the Bengals have not had an offensive TD in the last 3 games. This was a "monumental"battle of that team against a team that had 0 offensive TDs in the last 3 games.

would you be happeir if they lost?
Probably. He predicted the Texans to lose badly and then he posts that he isn't happy that they won. Same for almost every other person in this thread that is mad about us winning ugly, just check the prediction thread it's the same people.

fiasco west

All Pro
There's a reason that the Bengals have not had an offensive TD in the last 3 games. This was a "monumental"battle of that team against a team that had 0 offensive TDs in the last 3 games.
There is also a reason that they are 10-6 and won the last 7 out of 8 games. Their defense is nothing to laugh at.

Everyone here always talks about "Momentum! GOING INTO THE PLAYOFFS COLD!!!!"

Texans have now proved that theory wrong two years in a row now.

GP

Go Texans!
Man, all the teething you and I have done at each other over the years in here when our team was horrible or just average. Whether it was arguing over Kubiak or Rick Smith or Bob. You know I hate Kubiak's style of coaching and I'll never be confident in him as our HC, but I'll always root for us in the playoffs. I understand wanting a loss possibly when your team is horrible and losing may get rid of a bad HC or to get a #1 pick in the draft, but we've been considered the best team in the league by a lot of people for a majority part of the season. I don't see how certain fans or alleged fans could get this angry and bitter just because of slump at the end of the season to where they can't even be happy that we won a game to move on to the next week of the playoffs. That's what this game is all about. This is it!

Our defense completely dominated them today, and that's been the strength of our team all season. We looked closer to the team we've been all year.
You two should get a room.

BFD. He and I have high-fived each other in the NSZ forum and have gone at each other's throats here in the Texans forum. Get a clue: We can all agree elsewhere and yet be at odds in other forums and other topics.

LOL. Man, you're reaching new lows here. Internet high-fiving someone while downing other posters. Way to go. You ARE the ultimate fan, Tex.

I need to check out of this thread before the **** rises above my waders.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Bail? LOL.

You got me wrong on the Peyton Manning thing. I at first thought we should try for him, then I felt like maybe he was a liability with his neck, then I thought "Well hell, now it looks like we never even ATTEMPTED to look into the idea of getting him..." I went back and forth on that issue.

Dude, the Rick Smith issue? Yeah, he cannot control all factors. No GM can. Decisions were made by this FO that impacted and dictated moves that had to be made. I was OK with letting Dressen and Brisiel walk, couldn't match their offers. Was smart to re-sign Foster, Brown, and Myers. What's the alternative? Traded 'Meco, which saved cap room and frankly he wasn't being used by Wade much at all. Got a draft pick for him, a nice one, which is a rare thing for ANY Texans GM to have accomplished in 10 years here. Good for us. How is that knee-jerking? I don't see it, Tex. LOL.

Martin impressed in camp, and in the preseason, and really he had some slip-ups and Kubiak lost confidence in him. So I'm a bad fan for "bailing" on this team YET I had confidence in Martin and was excited about Kubiak's decision to give him major playing time? Isn't that a contradiction?

You're reaching, Tex. You're trying to paint me with a broad brush here, and it's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination.

I giggled when Matt did the "Yessss!" hip thrust celebration move when we converted at the end of the game to keep the clock ticking. He has no clue how poorly he's been playing for like the last month+. He got a playoff win. Good. Now what? How does he solve the problem that is New England? He probably can't.

My only good feelings today were this: The fans in the stadium got to see our guys win, at home, and there wasn't a messy loss (at home) which would have been a real bummer for them.

Outside of that, there wasn't much to hang our hat upon today. The long passes Dalton missed with AJ Green...those won't be overthrown by Tom Brady. The passes dropped by Gresham and the others? Won't be dropped by Welker and Gronk and Gonzalez and Marshall and Woodhead. Everything the Bengals did today, the Pats won't do that. And everything the Bengals didn't do today, the Patriots WILL do.

We're about to face the same team we faced in New England on MNF. And we, Tex, are the same team they faced as well. How does that shake out, if all things are equal?

DISCLAIMER: I said this same thing the week leading up to the first contest between us and the Pats. I was also labeled a loser and an ******* back then, too. But then again...I'm a KNEE JERKER, right? Right.
I can make that post in............LESSS THAN YOU!!!!!!!

GP

Go Texans!
There is also a reason that they are 10-6 and won the last 7 out of 8 games. Their defense is nothing to laugh at.

Everyone here always talks about "Momentum! GOING INTO THE PLAYOFFS COLD!!!!"

Texans have now proved that theory wrong two years in a row now.
You need no momentum to beat a team like the Bengals.

All you have to do is grind it out. You can't "grind it out" vs. the Patriots.

We tried that already, remember? Did you watch the MNF game? We tried to grind it out, and it lasted about 7 minutes into the first quarter...then the Patriots punched us in the proverbial nose and we proverbially layed down and cried "Uncle!"

But all that's gonna' change, right? I want to know by what miracle Gary Kubiak and Matt Schaub are going to reverse all of this.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

I agree, and its sad, embarassing really....there are 20 other teams sitting at home...some who's collective season was over by like week 8 that have real gripes about their teams.....and we've got fans over here who can't even enjoy their team advancinginto the playoffs not even for 24 hours b/c it wasn't as dominant of a performance as they would've liked or b/c we're going to play a team in their house as opposed to ours and likely lose.....as if it was guaranteed we would beat them here...it appears a few in here OD'ed on the koolaid earlier in the season when we were 11-1 and had convinced themselves we were SB bound...now b/c it appears that's unlikely, they feel betrayed. ....in any event, thats not problem...im going to celebrate..:d: and worry about next week.....next week

GP

Go Texans!
In an effort to get back to talking FOOTBALL...

Didn't you say that one of your chief concerns about Matt's recovery was how his foot would hold up over a full 16-game schedule, especially with the severity of his injury?

Today you were making a lot of posts about the position of his foot in regards to the outcome of those throws.

I think I remembered you drawing attention to the potential for "wear and tear" back during the camp and preseason threads here. Is that maybe part of the problem with him down the stretch this past month?

fiasco west

All Pro
You need no momentum to beat a team like the Bengals.

All you have to do is grind it out. You can't "grind it out" vs. the Patriots.

We tried that already, remember? Did you watch the MNF game? We tried to grind it out, and it lasted about 7 minutes into the first quarter...then the Patriots punched us in the proverbial nose and we proverbially layed down and cried "Uncle!"

But all that's gonna' change, right? I want to know by what miracle Gary Kubiak and Matt Schaub are going to reverse all of this.
They did not try that. They couldn't even try it because their mistakes put them down by 21 in the blink of an eye.

Foster had 15 carries, (hardly grinding it out) ran it one time for a great gain on a holding call then the Texans decided they wanted to start passing.

I don't see why it couldn't change. Why even play the game then? I mean really?

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Those stupid field goals ended up winning us the game.
Aside from that, if we dont convert that and had the ball over to cincy at midfield like we have numerous times when graham has missed 50 yard FG's, folks in here would've blown a gasket....that hindsight rationale i tell ya.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Bail? LOL.

I label people in the NSZ?? This coming from one of the biggest conservatives that constantly bashes liberals, Ron Paul fans, and etc? :spit:

Thank you Pot.

Exactly All over the place on it, changing from one day to the next with extreme opinions back and forth. Then waiting until the Texans lose a game or two after winning 12 to bash the franchise for it. Typical of you and no one would be surprised.

You bashed Smith for years. After one good season, he's untouchable to you? That gave me a good laugh at the time. A GM that was supposedly horrible all of a sudden was this really good one because we had one good season. But now that you're hating on any chance that this team has, well I'd say you were wrong about Rick Smith then since you think we have no chance. You're bashing us for not going after Manning, and because we aren't capable of winning in the playoffs. Saying our GM is above criticism and then acting like our team is such a joke is a huge contradiction.

You had confidence based off of a pre season performance where guys flop from that all the time. I told you that, but it didn't matter. You knew they were going to be really. Well, they haven't been, but I haven't heard you even whisper a word about that. Only blaming Schaub for everything that goes wrong. You even suggested to bench the starting QB before the playoffs. Talk about absurdity. No HC would ever do that.

I'm stating the same thing tons of posters have told you over and over for years.

So you know what Schaub thinks now and how he feels about his own play? Lol! Conspiracies again. Instead of being happy that we won, you laughed at the team you claim to support. Pat yourself on the back.

Yeah, we won against a team that had just won 7 out of their last 8 that was also a playoff team last season. We beat a good team that had been playing a lot better then we have lately. Had we won 7 out of our last 8, you'd probably be acting like we were SB bound knowing you.

I watch Brady every week. He over throws balls in every game. His players drop balls in every game. It may not be a lot, but the Patriots have lost just as many games as we have this year. They almost lost to the freaking Jags just two weeks ago. How you act like our team or any playoff team is incapable of beating any other team with all of the upsets in playoff history is mind blowing actually. Patriots haven't won a SB in like 10 years or something like that. We probably won't win, but we certainly can win.

Doesn't matter. All that matters is how we play next week and how they play next week. That's up to "GARY KUBIAK" to have OUR TEAM READY.

You were labeled that way before that by many.

utahmark

markbeth
dude its about improvement heading into NE, which i didnt see today. 10 pages in three hours is a good run lol
Our defense played better than they have been playing our offense controlled the clock like they were doing during the first 12 games of the season. We were playing against a better defense than we have seen recently yet we moved the ball better. Not sure how you did not see some improvement because it was there.

hradhak

Veteran
I am amazed that we are lamenting a win. Our defense played very well, our offense played better than it did in any of the last 4 weeks and against a team with a top 5 defense.

I don't think we can beat NE with the way we played in the red zone, but nonetheless we actually executed on a gameplan that we set out. Just enjoy the win and let's hope this offense can fix its RZ problems .

utahmark

markbeth
And that, in itself, was sad.
I thought it was great. I'll take a playoff win anyday. Hopefully we get another next week. To me we look about like the same team we did last year heading to Baltimore and I expect this team to show up and play well and have a shot to win.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I thought it was great. I'll take a playoff win anyday. Hopefully we get another next week. To me we look about like the same team we did last year heading to Baltimore and I expect this team to show up and play well and have a shot to win.
No way 19 points beats the Pats........but I won't bet my life on it.:)