Steroids in the NFL--Jim Haslett

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by infantrycak, Mar 24, 2005.

1. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Haslett evidently felt the urge to nuke all the lineman in the late 70's early 80's time period, particularly the Steelers:

Link

2. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Jim "well, duh" Haslett is trying to ride the $ coattails of Canseco.

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Well say goodbye to Jim "I just lost my job" Hasslet. He will be gone at the end of the year now. You can't bring that kind of controversy to yourself, especialy when you continue to under achieve. Anything less than a superbowl this year and he's gone, same thing goes for Tice.

4. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

On cold pizza this morning they were talking to Merril Hoge and he really gave it to Haslett.

5. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

So should the Steelers have an asterisks next to their 4 Super Bowls? If we are going to do it to Bonds and McGuire shouldn't we do it to them too?

6. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

Funny, those are the first two names that pop into my head at the mention of steroids.
    I may have selective memory on this one, but Alzado only left me with the impression of a broken man. Not that he didn't play like a gorilla in his day, but he seemed to go down quietly. Maybe it was the brain cancer.
    But Mark Gastineau, who was the unchained animal.. was someone you would never want to look at cross-eyed for fear of being handed your head..
    Unbelieveable to watch in a game! But totally out of control in every aspect of his life.

7. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

What was some of the stuff he said. I didn't get to watch this morning.

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

No, cause as of right now it's hear say and there's no proof. Bonds testified that he used steroids, unknowing or not and with Mac's non answer we pretty much can say he used steroids as well. Also unlike the unbelievable individual stats those guys were able to put up in baseball. Football is a team sport so you can't punish everyone, because of a few bad apples. Second that was before steroids were illegal.

9. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

The guy I first think of when steroids are mentioned is Tony Manderich. Totally dominant LT at Michigan State, #2 pick in the draft for the Pack. Gets to the NFL, goes off steroids to pass the NFL drug tests, and becomes a fringe player. Maybe Canseco has a point about owing his career to steroids.

10. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

Hodge basically said that all the stats that Haslett showed were bull**** and that Haslett is just trying to get his name in the media and tarnish what the all the players did.

11. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

Even more steroid accusations.

ESPN

12. The_Philster

The_Philster Rookie

I don't think Haslett's gonna be showing up at any Bills alumni meetings after his coaching career is done now LOL